European Couple doing Sewa at Shri Harmandir Sahib in full humility & devotion!

4 minutes ago, nehkeval said:

Typical responses proving our true blood punjabi lineage

Never see any good in anything , only negatives :) 

"Sanjh kareejai guna keri , avgun chad chaliye"   - we can all learn from people even who we hate the most and hold as very epitome of ignorance

Imagine how nice would be the day you guys broke free of your ego and lived with "Bisar gayi sab taat parayi | Jab te sadh sangant mohe payi" 

bro , I recognised that Guru ji did kirpa on the couple but also highlighted the disgrace of our people differentiating on colour basis when serving guru panth , this is oolangna of langar rehit as is non-amritdhari hands touching langar bartan during preparation . seeing good does not mean turning a blind eye to people bringing Guruda maryada into disrepute

beloved sister were the growers of grains all amritdhari too  ? How about the porters, the hired cooks in most guruhars .....  where do we draw the line ?

Understand that these overly strict maryadas were created by mere mortals  who were no more free from their egos than you and I are. 

Other than making us feel Holier than thou what purpose does this venomous talk serve ? 

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

bro , I recognised that Guru ji did kirpa on the couple but also highlighted the disgrace of our people differentiating on colour basis when serving guru panth , this is oolangna of langar rehit as is non-amritdhari hands touching langar bartan during preparation . seeing good does not mean turning a blind eye to people bringing Guruda maryada into disrepute

True Bhainji, The typical Indian reaction can be seen that they feel all excited seeing white skinned people in a Gurdwara not realising that it is merely tourists doing a tourist activity as this has been promoted by Badal Government. Although the British have left but our minds are still stuck in ghulami. Indian reaction is to be awe struck seeing white people in a Gurdwara as if we should be greatful that they have set foot in our place of worship.  I have lived amongst white people all my life, so I do not suffer from this inferiority complex when dealing with them. For me a gora, kala, desi, cheena is all the same. No difference.

On 8 August 2016 at 3:40 AM, pardesanbibbi2 said:

BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These EUROPEANS DESERVE GOLD MEDALS FOR flaunting themselves at the HOLIEST SHRINE of the "awakened" Sikhs!!  They know very well, for they are NOT STUPID,  this will provoke a huge amount of admiration from some rustic, unsophisticated, unrefined and unpolished agrestic observer!

I am also against colonized ways/anglo saxon underlining agenda (we know whats best for you people) or any attempt to see eastern dharam or spirituality from victorian anglican simplistic lens . But in this particular case, perhaps we all fall victim of misguided passion and jumped the gun on a mere sight which is another extreme of itself in exclusiveness which inadvertently will push lot of people away than being inclusiveness aligned with Gurmat sidhant. The real shameful event is not the one above if people want to really play semantics or get too technical but rather shameless event of two fanatic pendu arbitrary sikh groups fighting in the past and destroying sanctity of their father place-darbar sahib which was broad casted live on BBC. 

Fully sehaj balanced natural response should have been- good karma for them, all innocent until proven guilty while also working on limiting on balance of tourism so everything could be upheld in balanced fashion. 

Somebody bought up interesting spin on this topic-  maryada in this particular seva. I can't help but to think where was maryada and the fight -righteous cause for it when all non amritdhari from punjabi background were doing seva and still doing seva at darbar sahib. Right off course, we all conveniently forgot about it now, totally ignore it and carry on.

Lets see whats happening here, let me may be help deconstruct pathological ego conditioning which is always looking for conflicts/always finding dirt and looking for weak soft targets to project itself on and control.

Ego will never look for conflicts where it knows other opponent has huge bigger numbers or look for conflicts where it feels comfortable, it will always ignore that cause (which might be just as important) but rather pick on someone who is weak, use some righteous cause (namely- maryada in this case) use that as focus point and hide behind it. It knows any righteous cause is very emotional, polarizing issue for masses, it will hide behind it to simply a)gain more followers- more egos to feel control and good b) latch on resistance as it know it thrives on resistance as resistance is oxygen to ego.

Off course we all have egos but there is difference between tranquilized ego which is tranquilized by naam simran, seeing gun(good qualities) in all, feeling ultimate non dual(One in all, all in one) gurmat reality hoping it can surrender themselves fully to Guru maharaj than mobilized fanatic ego which functions so unconsciously and subtly that one does not even realize how unconscious their words and actions are.

Wake up from this silly egoistical game and feel essence of Gurbani. Its so evident that its hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

beloved sister were the growers of grains all amritdhari too  ? How about the porters, the hired cooks in most guruhars .....  where do we draw the line ?

Brother/sister, Please don't mind me saying but your level of understanding gurmat and its principles are not at the same level to discuss with some of the members here. I understand your point but you also need to understand the importance of sucham and how many great "Humble" saints for such in our history. 

14 hours ago, nehkeval said:

Understand that these overly strict maryadas were created by mere mortals  who were no more free from their egos than you and I are. 

Other than making us feel Holier than thou what purpose does this venomous talk serve ? 

You have not clearly ever done Langar di seva with utmost attention to your surroundings. 

Amritdharis were given the seva of Langar and Sri Guru Granth sahib ji because they took the oath to uphold and defend gurmat when they took amrit.  Hence the punishment for an amritdhari was harsh when they did a wrong act.  Physical punishment was used if appropriate.  People from many backgrounds believe many things.  More than on one occasion their was nails found in Langar donated by someone, in the rice.  Say these nails weren't found by the cook.  Who will these arrogant calling everyone else egotistical people blame for letting it happen.  Thats right the committee and they will shake their finger for hours at the committee.  Certain people will do other things to the Langar due to their beliefs.  So how do you tell who won't and who will?  The amount of manmat that many non amritdharis try to commit is only know my the granthi.  Many times he's so fed up by this stuff, he loses complete hope in Sikhs.  Sitting at a computer all day jumping from forum to forum calling maryada outdated and man made is childish.  Secular government have set their regulations on who is allowed to cook in places that provide food.  Guru sahib has set his regulations to keep everything clean and safe.  

All we can do is explain and if the other person wants to hold on to their arrogant views, let them.