What to do to have a happy married life

Guest gur ji guest

8 hours ago, puzzled said:

I'm not married yet     No i don't have anger issues, in fact I'm the complete opposite! I'm really laid back and calm and really easy to get on with lol  everyone says that!  

I would never treat my wife/GF how my father treated my mother. These experiences really do shape you, a lot more than you may think, but you get so used to it that you don't even realize how they effect you until you . My early 20s were madness, had anxiety, ended up drinking heavily, then ended up on medication, but its all fine now. A lot of the time the feelings are suppressed, but the alcohol brings them out.  But i'm fine now, haven't drank for like 4 years.  

The dynamic and relationships in my house are very complex! i often wonder how i would explain it all to my wife!  That's why i think Love marriage for me would be a lot better than arranged.

I personally really dislike people who have anger!  

That’s really good that you have learnt from what you saw. Also that you have dealt with any issues. It’s good to see people who stop alcohol and don’t look back. 

16 hours ago, learningkaur said:

That’s really good that you have learnt from what you saw. Also that you have dealt with any issues. It’s good to see people who stop alcohol and don’t look back. 

Alcohol by most men is seen as an escape, it's why it's such a big problem. 

I'v seen cousins in my family use drugs and alcohol as an escape, they all have broken relationships with their parents.