Why were all of our Guru's male?

Guest sss

I'm finding it difficult to wrap my head around this. So I understand that Vaheguru Jee is genderless, but why is it that all of our Guru's were of a male body? Why not female?

I always thought Sikhi was completely for gender equality but I find it difficult to answer my curious questions as to why I hardly see females doing seva in Gurdwaras unless their making langar, why the panj pyare are all male, and why our Gurus were all male?

Also, day after day I am seeing that Sikhi is in fact no more better than Islam when it comes to gender equality.

And another question. I don't want to know anything about women, but my question is simply, why do MEN wear a turban? I'm trying to understand because any male I ask just nods and says, because the men do, or, because our Gurus did. But the question is always left unanswered.

Guest Jacfsing2

The same question could be made in any way. Why were all the Gurus "Khatris", why were all the Gurus of "Punjabi Origin", why were 9 of the 11 Gurus family related to each other. Also your thinking is incredibly weak as you don't view Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or Guru Khalsa Panth as the Satguru or else you wouldn't even be asking such a question. And another way your thinking is weak is that you believe Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is a man, when in reality he is Vaheguru in human form. Individuals do Seva; not genders; and the Punj Pyare are supposed to represent the first Punj Pyare. Because of your misunderstanding; you suddenly view Islam and Sikhi as the same; if individual women wanted to do something, they could just easily stand-up and do something without needing someone to hold their hand the entire way. As for turbans, just look at the AKJ and other groups that women wear turbans in. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Sikhi is free from Pakhand, but not your thinking. What's Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to you, male or female, Khatri or Jatt, rich or poor, turban-wearing or not turban-wearing. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and all the Gurus are the very form Vaheguru on earth! Vaheguru himself came on Earth in the special form of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and there is only one Vaheguru regardless who that is. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji hasn't said anything sexist at all, but because of your low-thinking, you think opposite. 

Brother,

if you believe in  the complete perfection of Wahiguru, and love Him truly; do you think it is wise asking this question. To ask such question, is to think Wahiguru is partial, or lacks knowledge by not having acted as per our thinking or reasoning.

He is Sachay Patshah, Oouch, Apaar, Beant Soami ...  It is we, who are at fault and limited.

Be grateful and satisfied, that at least, He came at our level, in the form of our very dear Guru Sahibans, to pick us up, and take us back with Him to Sach Khand.

I would suggest to grow in ruhaniyat within, beyond the spheres of mind and matter, and see His Hukum throughout all the khands, brahmandas .... you will be amazed, to see nothing but perfection in it, thus no questions shall be left then...

Sat Sree Akal.

forgive me, but I know as a fact that I have no knowledge, and I have no one to turn to with this question. I want so bad to feel such pyaar and have such faith, but I am struggling, as the manmukh I am. maybe next time anyone wonders why some don't follow sikhi, should understand that some of us don't know where to turn to, have no one to ask, or we are too embarrassed.

don't worry brother, I won't ask any more questions. sorry to not be as blessed as you with natural understanding. sorry to have offended anyone, but i have no knowledge! maybe this isn't the path for me then

Guest Jacfsing2

I'm the type of guy who really wants the expansion of Sikhi; however, before that there has to be some understanding, but really the questions I asked were never answered by you either. You stated all Gurus were male; when in reality both Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Guru Khalsa Panth are fairly genderless. We are all Manmukhs, the great Saint is Sangat; which is why I sincerely believe the only thing greater could be the light of Vaheguru himself. This is a website for asking questions and especially a topic to ask your questions; however, rather than giving-up at the first answer or the second answer you should be we willing to know we are all learning like you, (only Guru Sahib is fully enlightened). What I won't say is that your question was right, it was a question that could have only been asked if we had 10 Gurus, the reality is there is only 1 Guru, in 11 forms. Please ask your questions, but acknowledge we are all studying together. 

Don't you ever read Jap Jee Sahib. The true lord does  not have a gender it is the image that people saw. Nothing more nothing less. The problem with you people your eyes are deceiving you. You are more into he says they say. Search your search yourself to find the answer. Of course the male world is messed up.

Guest Jacfsing2

Is that suppose to be your answer to your own question? How am I deceiving myself by calling Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Vaheguru? http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=0&fb=0&Param=1408 Also what do you mean by the male world being messed-up; have I ever said anything sexist towards you, (to be honest I don't know if your guy a girl). Are you even willing to learn or just troll this website like many other guests?

16 hours ago, Guest sss said:

I'm finding it difficult to wrap my head around this. So I understand that Vaheguru Jee is genderless, but why is it that all of our Guru's were of a male body? Why not female?

I always thought Sikhi was completely for gender equality but I find it difficult to answer my curious questions as to why I hardly see females doing seva in Gurdwaras unless their making langar, why the panj pyare are all male, and why our Gurus were all male?

Also, day after day I am seeing that Sikhi is in fact no more better than Islam when it comes to gender equality.

And another question. I don't want to know anything about women, but my question is simply, why do MEN wear a turban? I'm trying to understand because any male I ask just nods and says, because the men do, or, because our Gurus did. But the question is always left unanswered.

http://www.sikhanswers.com/gurmat-islam/if-men-and-women-are-equal-in-sikhi-why-werent-there-any-female-gurus/

19 hours ago, Guest sss said:

Because it was meant to be like that, thats all..it was part of Vahiguru Hakum as each beloved Guru's had certain task to do which happened to manifest itself as male. I dont think we should look at our history from western rigid gender equality point of view because there are many examples in our sikh history which refutes any consistent pattern to be boxed in to any typical ideology/ western view of equality-femninism/ or even male patriarchy. So we cannot box things in a simplistic form-

For eg-

1. Many Enlightened beings were female during Guru's time, most often historians ignore unconsciously contributions of female bhramgyanis during guru's time and current times. http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Manji_System

It's well know fact there were manji system (centers establishment where gursikhs were chosen to do parchar) was started by Guru Amar das ji, they were 22 manjiya intially strategically placed everywhere in india to do parchar. Here is the list of manjiya http://www.sikhiwiki...hp/Manji_System and there were manjiya given to sikh woman as well to do parchar to other woman and give them empowerment.

2. It's well known fact the patsah in intial amrit ceremony was put fwd by Mata sahib deva/kaur. This can be understood at many levels..balance in amrit, without jagmatta(chaupi sahib/ japji sahib) - mata sahib kaur -patsah symbolism of sweetness/nurturing- amrit intensity is hard to handle for normal being

3. There are many esoteric references of female/shakti divinity in sri dasam granth sahib which is not confined to female gender but includes female gender/ divine energy along all with integral aspects of shakti(sri sahib/khanda/kirpan/aad shakti force within all of us ) sargun aspects of vahiguru. Once you research more deeply, one will find equal amount of expression of vahiguroo genderless expressing itself in sargun (full of attributes) both sargun male and sargun female aspects as you find terms like purkh-male, shakti- female in both our scriptures. 

4. Make no mistake despite of Vahiguru expressing itself beautifully into sargun, Vahiguru-paratma and all of us- atma is truly beyond and genderless- read japji sahib, jaap sahib, gyan parbodh and 21st astphadi of sukhmani sahib- absolute nature of absolute Vahiguru atma-paratma which includes all and beyond. 

18 hours ago, Guest sss said:

forgive me, but I know as a fact that I have no knowledge, and I have no one to turn to with this question. I want so bad to feel such pyaar and have such faith, but I am struggling, as the manmukh I am. maybe next time anyone wonders why some don't follow sikhi, should understand that some of us don't know where to turn to, have no one to ask, or we are too embarrassed.

don't worry brother, I won't ask any more questions. sorry to not be as blessed as you with natural understanding. sorry to have offended anyone, but i have no knowledge! maybe this isn't the path for me then

Do not feel sorry sikh jee.

You have not done anything wrong. You can ask any questions you have, and anyone from the sangat here will surely assist you.

The thing is we are on our nerves sometimes, and at the slightest  strange or suspicious behaviour we loose our balance

You are not at fault. You seem to be a genuine seeker, so sorry for getting any uncomfortable replies, as brother Jacfsing2 has said, we are here to learn .

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.