I'm sure most of you know the story of Bhai Lalo and living by honest means. I am trying to figure out which historical country it all occurred in, because I want to study the economy there (since Guru Nanak ji identified that  Malik Bhago exploited Bhai Lalo's labour). This event occurred in Guruji's first udhasi, so it occurred between 1500-1506 in Saidpur (modern-day Eminabad, Pakistan). It couldn't have been part of the Mughal Empire since that didn't exist until ~20 years later. Can any of you figure out which historical country this took place in, because I'm lost?

Guest Jacfsing2

It was in Eminabad,Pakistan that was his birth country and during his era people didn't move a lot at all. The Delhi Sultanate was most likely the historical country. But the bigger question is why does the country matter?

25 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

It was in Eminabad,Pakistan that was his birth country and during his era people didn't move a lot at all. The Delhi Sultanate was most likely the historical country. But the bigger question is why does the country matter?

I think you are correct. I am looking at other maps than I did before of the Delhi Sultanate and I think you are right. Thanks for helping me.

Guru Ji saw that Malik Bhago was exploiting the labor of Bhai Lalo. I wanted to know which country this occured in so I could study its economy and see how such exploitation may fit into modern-day economics.