why dasam granth bani is not included in guru granth sahib

Guest why

• 7 months later...
Guest Chota Daas

On 9/5/2016 at 0:54 PM, Guest why said:

hey

yeah i was just wondering why is the bani of dasam granth not included in the guru granth sahib? why did guru ji not add his bani into guru granth sahib ji.

im not one of those anti dasam granth people lol! i read jaap sahib. its just that some anti dasam granth person asked me this question and i didnt know what to say!

i said guru ji gave gur gaddi to guru granth sahib ji because it contains the jyoth of guru nanak dev ji and the 4 gurus that followed him. but then he was like why didnt guru gobind singh include his bani in guru granth sahib. i didnt know what to say!   i was thinking that the reason might be because dasam granth was like several books? in different parts of india? and then it was collected by bhai mani singh and compiled into one. or that some of the bani is dasam granth is for bir rass while that is not the purpose of guru granth sahib ji?

The dasam granth bani is not with the guru granth sahib ji because of the content in it. Guru maharaaj is all about the attainment of the peace of mind while dasam granth is bir ras which is a warrior state.  If dasam bani was in guru sahib then we will be getting shanti and then bir ras which will stop us from getting true bliss. We will not be balancing the banis. Of course this is my guess. Only guru maharaaj knows the truth. Wjkk wjkf

Guest Jacfsing2
On 4/13/2017 at 5:50 PM, Guest Chota Daas said:

Only guru maharaaj knows the truth. 

This is the answer. In the same way only Vaheguru knows his own limits.

• 2 years later...
Guest Guest2056

I think it was not for Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself to add his Bani into Guru Granth Sahib but should be added by his Guru Panj Piare with the agreement of the whole Sikh Panth in his love from all Sikh jagat. May be not all of his Bani but at least some to reflect how much he is loved by Sikhs. Call it inclusion 2020.

Do you think Sikh religion will be known as much as it is today without our 10th Guru and his privar sacrifices?

• 3 years later...
Guest Guest 001

Was the 2nd bhai gurdas, who wrote the 41st pada of bhai gurdas kiaa vaaraa, a hindu spy, who wanted to bring bhekhi into sikhi? Please answer in detail, and please tell me about the history behind it please

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 8:50 AM, Guest Guest 001 said:

Was the 2nd bhai gurdas, who wrote the 41st pada of bhai gurdas kiaa vaaraa, a hindu spy, who wanted to bring bhekhi into sikhi? Please answer in detail, and please tell me about the history behind it please

No, bro!

The 2nd Bhai Gurdas was not a Hindu spy for the simple reason that he was a Sikh!

He did not go around adding his vaar to all of the handwritten copies of Bhai Gurdas ji's 40 vaars. How would he even do that? Most of the handwritten copies wouldn't have had additional blank pages for him to write the 41st vaar.

What happened is that other Sikhs, later on, appended the 41st vaar because it's written in the style of the 40 vaars, it provides additional information about the post Khanda-Amrit Khalsa, and Bhai Gurdas II was sanctioned by Guru Gobind Singh ji.

Bhai Gurdas II was actually Bhai Gurdas Singh, who was a poet at the court of Guru Gobind Singh ji. That's why Sikhs respect him. 

Read "ਬਵੰਜਾ ਰਤਨ" by Sikh scholar Piara Singh Padam for information about the poets of Guru ji's court.