The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back

singhbj singh

Sikhs have been badly affected by Christian influences of "compassion" and "forgiveness". It surprises me that this should be a subject at all when nirbhau nirvair is right there in the mool mantar. If one does not hold enmity, there is nothing to forgive because you never held a grudge in the first place. If one has no anger and there is no enmity, revenge is not in the picture. When you are the God's servant, you are 100% dedicated to serving the Guru so part-time Christian "compassion" need not figure as you are joined to the fountainhead of compassion. By going right to the root of things, there is no need for any debate on questions of "compassion" etc as it has become internalised and automatic like one's breath. The Christian way is to look at life is being horrid and difficult (blame the devil), and so try to take upon some positive virtues when you can to earn a place in heaven and be a better person. Rid yourself of this mentality. Life is beautiful. "Heaven" is here and now. Humans themselves are responsible for all ills in society. The so called sikhs in the world today are engaged in unethical practices that cause poverty and environmental destruction elsewhere in the supply chain but push nominal messages of peace and love at the same time and so some cursory actions to make themselves feel good- this is the Christian influence acting out. A true Sikh will investigate their actions and inactions according to the Guru's ethical principles (bibek) and be very much aggrieved of the fact that we are in a Kali Yug and that we have fallen to be actors and participants in this Kali Yug rather than serving the Guru and fighting limb and tooth to make this world a better place for one and all.

Another example of Sikhs pushing Christianised messages include Dasvand (=tithe), when the Guru asks for 100% of mind, body and wealth. Sikhs do not need money and live outside of a money economy, but today's so called sikhs are living in a money economy and engaging in unethical practices that fly against the face of positive principles. For a Sikh, a principled, ethical life is not part-time charity, something to do on a Sunday or a "nice" thing to imbibe in life- it is life itself; there is no other life- and it is perfectly natural and normal (it is the rest of society that has become corrupted).

Punjabi cultural baggage also causes a lot of problems for Sikhs including Western diaspora who may be several generations removed from Punjab. Nearly everything in Punjabi and indeed most North Indian culture stands opposed to the Guru but nevertheless you have been brought up with it.

Fact: Most things the Guru did or preached were never genuinely understood. It's like explaining complicated things to a village simpleton; they will interpret things in terms of what they already believe and understand and that is what has happened to the Guru's message as passed down through Punjabi/North Indian lineage. When the Guru talked to the crowds in Pubjab about sustainability and the biosphere they understood "live simple life" end of. I've met the so called sants and babas. On repeating the Guru's truths they just look dumbfounded and offer tea and biscuits to end the ackward silence. None can refute but they don't know and importantly- don't care and because of their ego (unwilling to admit that they have missed out on the Guru's truth), will not change themselves or others. Some of these people have been blessed with an internal spiritual strength and even through they do not understand, they have an intuitive understanding of the importance of it and will do all to help- these are true Sikh and I've met very few.

What to do? If you want to learn the Guru's principles, forget every single thing that you have ever learned from your family, society etc and turn to the Guru with an open mind on every single matter in life. If you turn to the Guru with a true heart, you will be blessed with the truth.

People ask me- tell us the truth then if you know so much, but I say why should I do so? The truth is with the Guru. Instead of paying lip service and performing your weekly rituals go and learn the truth from the Guru and you will then understand. Don't believe me or any baba or bhai sahib, the truth can only be known under circumstances that yield a natural life (sat yug) wherein the Guru is already part of your life without needing to know consciously, or in this dark age, take the great benefit of the Guru who is crying out with truth for all who want it. Or not. But just don't peach Christianied and Pubjabised messages.

Compassion and daswand and other westernized words r needed. Just saying nirbhau nirvair, does not make one fearless and hateless. One has to work on it and it is a hard slow path. Small steps like remembering to have compassion and remembering to give dasvand help. 

One of the core concepts of sikhi is to earn an honest living. To support oneself and share with others the extra. How is one supposed to earn a living, support onself, if we refuse to enter the money economy? Sikhs r supposed to be educated, contributing members of society.We r not supposed to be ascetics or hermits living in the jungles or mountains. 

Money is not bad. Maya is not bad. They r all tools. We should train our mind not to be engrossed in these tools but to use them wisely for the betterment of society.

Some very good points raised here!  Thank you all!

One thing we have to remember is that a lot of the Christian stuff has been terribly mis-translated.  Do you know anyone who speaks Aramaic?  I do not speak it, but that is what Jesus spoke, and only God and Guru know how much of what Jesus said has been twisted.

Also, let us give Big Thanks to Wahe Guru, because the Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has never been as mangled in its translations to other languages as other Scriptures.  We are very blessed!

Ah, yes, the money thing.  Money is just a tool of commerce, that is all.  Like any other tools, it should not only be used to obtain the shelter, food, clothing, etc but used for Dharmic purposes.  Alas, so many people forget this; they get caught up in the fear thing, instead of turning towards the Divine, who is always already in each of us, and realizing the Divine always provides for us.

Yes, the Guru is in each one of us.  Look inside your heart. 

On 16 September 2016 at 3:40 PM, weareallone said:

Sikhs have been badly affected by Christian influences of "compassion" and "forgiveness". It surprises me that this should be a subject at all when nirbhau nirvair is right there in the mool mantar. If one does not hold enmity, there is nothing to forgive because you never held a grudge in the first place. If one has no anger and there is no enmity, revenge is not in the picture. When you are the God's servant, you are 100% dedicated to serving the Guru so part-time Christian "compassion" need not figure as you are joined to the fountainhead of compassion. By going right to the root of things, there is no need for any debate on questions of "compassion" etc as it has become internalised and automatic like one's breath. The Christian way is to look at life is being horrid and difficult (blame the devil), and so try to take upon some positive virtues when you can to earn a place in heaven and be a better person. Rid yourself of this mentality. Life is beautiful. "Heaven" is here and now. Humans themselves are responsible for all ills in society. The so called sikhs in the world today are engaged in unethical practices that cause poverty and environmental destruction elsewhere in the supply chain but push nominal messages of peace and love at the same time and so some cursory actions to make themselves feel good- this is the Christian influence acting out. A true Sikh will investigate their actions and inactions according to the Guru's ethical principles (bibek) and be very much aggrieved of the fact that we are in a Kali Yug and that we have fallen to be actors and participants in this Kali Yug rather than serving the Guru and fighting limb and tooth to make this world a better place for one and all.

Another example of Sikhs pushing Christianised messages include Dasvand (=tithe), when the Guru asks for 100% of mind, body and wealth. Sikhs do not need money and live outside of a money economy, but today's so called sikhs are living in a money economy and engaging in unethical practices that fly against the face of positive principles. For a Sikh, a principled, ethical life is not part-time charity, something to do on a Sunday or a "nice" thing to imbibe in life- it is life itself; there is no other life- and it is perfectly natural and normal (it is the rest of society that has become corrupted).

Punjabi cultural baggage also causes a lot of problems for Sikhs including Western diaspora who may be several generations removed from Punjab. Nearly everything in Punjabi and indeed most North Indian culture stands opposed to the Guru but nevertheless you have been brought up with it.

Fact: Most things the Guru did or preached were never genuinely understood. It's like explaining complicated things to a village simpleton; they will interpret things in terms of what they already believe and understand and that is what has happened to the Guru's message as passed down through Punjabi/North Indian lineage. When the Guru talked to the crowds in Pubjab about sustainability and the biosphere they understood "live simple life" end of. I've met the so called sants and babas. On repeating the Guru's truths they just look dumbfounded and offer tea and biscuits to end the ackward silence. None can refute but they don't know and importantly- don't care and because of their ego (unwilling to admit that they have missed out on the Guru's truth), will not change themselves or others. Some of these people have been blessed with an internal spiritual strength and even through they do not understand, they have an intuitive understanding of the importance of it and will do all to help- these are true Sikh and I've met very few.

What to do? If you want to learn the Guru's principles, forget every single thing that you have ever learned from your family, society etc and turn to the Guru with an open mind on every single matter in life. If you turn to the Guru with a true heart, you will be blessed with the truth.

People ask me- tell us the truth then if you know so much, but I say why should I do so? The truth is with the Guru. Instead of paying lip service and performing your weekly rituals go and learn the truth from the Guru and you will then understand. Don't believe me or any baba or bhai sahib, the truth can only be known under circumstances that yield a natural life (sat yug) wherein the Guru is already part of your life without needing to know consciously, or in this dark age, take the great benefit of the Guru who is crying out with truth for all who want it. Or not. But just don't peach Christianied and Pubjabised messages.

Is God Capitalist or Communist?

Are religion and spirituality exempt from class systems and capitalist nature? Those who seek relief from these inequalities especially the working and lower classes often turn to spirituality, but do we as human beings just bring our capitalist nature and tendencies for class segregation into these so called safe havens?

Living a life without money is not only damn near impossible in the capitalist or even communist society, it is undesirable even for those in the elite spiritual and religious classes.

I think most people want to believe that true spirituality would promote equality in practicality, but looking around at human existence and the religions and spiritualities that teach it, I notice that a class system is rampant within these systems, for example, putting the Pope and the Vatican at the top of a class system hierarchy of a religion worth over 8 billion dollars in assets alone. Yet the original teacher of this religion is described as a pauper, promoting to its followers not to become attached to money and I quote timothy 1:10 “The love of money is the root of all evils’ and there are some who, pursuing it, have wandered away from the faith and so given their souls any number of fatal wounds.” This seems less than the safe haven it is portrayed as.

I hope this will give you something to think about

Source - https://nattieteefilms.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/is-god-capitalist-or-communist/

Bj bhrava  edit your font unless you really are using a megaphone to speak to us , Thanks . Akal Purakh owns everything  why should He care for such Maya when it is playing to his tune ? 

I don't know if you know this sakhi but here goes , this was in the Time of Guru Ram Das ji , He was at Harmandar Sahib in Amritsar when some Singhs came to him 'Maharaj a strange beautiful lady is standing outside requesting to see you. She will not enter unless you give her specific permission' 

Guru ji smiled and replied , 'I know who she is ,Go and tell her she cannot come in'

The Singhs broke the news , this made her even more distressed and she pleaded again for them to talk to Guru ji on her behalf.

They returned to Guru ji ' She will not go Guru ji , she is insisting she will stay at the gate until you give her permission to come in, and she will only come then'

Guru ji told the pehredars 'tell her I will only allow her to come to me if she shows her true roop'

The Singhs went back to convey the message , as soon as they delivered the message the young lady began crying pitifully. As her tears fell, she transformed into a hideous deformed old lady with a decrepit body and  torn clothing , then she begged them to take her quickly to Guru ji's charan .

Slowly and painfully she hobbled behind the pehredar Singhs until she caught sight of Guru Sahib , on seeing him she rushed and fell at his feet. 'Please Sache Patshahe save me '

Guru ji helped her up ' Beti tell these Singhs who you are' 

'Patshah I am that unfortunate soul who is known as Maya , I used to be so beautiful, so enticing and whole but because this world has used me for so many bad deeds, hoarded me as money and jewels, and used me to commit sins against one another for so long , look at what I have become. Please help me '

Guru Ram Das ji told her , 'The only way you can be made pavitar is by using you for good deeds and to bring Gurbani to the world ,I can only give you entrance into darbar in the form of chardava for langar to feed the poor . For that good cause alone can you enter here'

Maya wept tears of joy, 'after such a long time , I will be used in the right way to help, to serve , I am redeemed.  tusi Dhan ho Guru Patshah ji Dhan ho'.

So Maya is the Servant , and she is sworn to serve the Gurmukh  ...to do Halemi raj in this jug