TAKSALI KIRPANS

Surrey Singh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lohgarh Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i saw a wickedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd kirpan it was 1ft long or 1.6ft long! i fell in love with it! the thing is i didnt know what kind of kirpan it was, now i know its a takhsal kirpan, thanks sangat! i owe you 1! :wub: :wub: :@ :TH: ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• 2 months later...

heres some history.......

Being a part of the 5 Kakaars and because the Sikhs are a martial People, the kirpaan which is also called the talvaar or shamsheer has a very important place amongst the Sikhs. However, in the making of kirpaans, Malva's Bhindar Kalaa(n) and Rutovaal (Ludhiana) villages have a special place. In Bhindar Kalaa(n) one family for the past three generations has continued even in today's machine-age to make hand made kirpaans.

Bhindar Kalaa(n) which is known world wide because of Sant Jarnail Singh jee Bhindranvalay, is the birth place of the Taksaal's 11th head, Sant Sunder Singh Bhindranvalay, and today is an important Centre for the Bhindraanvaalee Taksaal and holds a special place in the Sikh world. For the past century now, small 7" and 9" kirpaans have been made here, which continues even today in hand-made fashion. This villages' Sd. Budh Singh's family, which started making kirpaans at the orders of Sant Sunder Singh at the village's Persian Wheel at the well, has today in its third generation spread its business all across the world. All this started from the Persian Wheel of this village.

Baba Budh Singh's third generation, Sd. Gurnayk Singh BA, B.Ed, has taken up his forefathers business and is attempting to take it forward. Even today using the old methods he is maintaining the tradition of preparing hand-made kirpaans. He says that at first, due to lack of money, our elders had many hardships. After a lot of struggle, now it is Vahiguru's blessings that we are prosperous. Sd. Gurnayk Singh considers the source of his family's prosperity Sant Sunder Singh. Besides this family's three sons, S. Mahinder Singh, S. Daleep Singh and S. Hazaaraa Singh and another family of S. Gurdial Singh also makes kirpaans.

S. Gurnayk Singh says that even though they could make a big factory and turn out a lot of kirpaans, according to Sant Sunder Singh's words, they only make hand-made kirpaans. He says they make kirpans from Sarbloh and sheaths from pure Taalee wood. According to requests, they can also make steel kirpaans. Gurnayk Singh says that after Sant Sunder Singh, Sant Gurbachan Singh became the head of the Taksal. Sant jee went with the sangat to Sree Hazoor Saahib (Nander), and from there he brought a kirpaan which was made without any joints (i.e. one piece) and told his elders to make kirpaans like this. From that time they have been making these joint-less sarbloh kirpaans.

Guranayk Singh said that his grandfather at first gave kirpans for 25 paisay. Now they have even prepared a kirpaan for 80 000 rupees. Now, their most expensive kirpaan was prepared for a Singapore Gurdvara Committee to give to the King there. It was coated with gold. Sd. Gurnek Singh's three brothers, S. Pavitar Singh, s. Inderjeet Singh all work together. In the family's old home they work with hired help. They all respect S. Gurnayk Singh. They start the day at 4am and work till 10pm. All three brothers have never even tasted tea. All family members are amrithdaaree and strict in rehit.

Once a Jatha came from outside and asked to see their "factory". They replied that what they saw before them, the workers working, was the factory. The Jatha was very shocked to hear that the owner of the business which has kirpaans sent all around the world was working like this in the gate of his house with a kiln, iron and hammer, beating metal and carving wood. All this is hard work to create a kirpaan.

At this time a small kirpaan goes for Rs. 350. The family says it is very hard work making hand-made kirpans. They said the new generation is reluctant to do this type of work and finding workers is very hard for them. If the new generation keeps doing this, this hand made work will finish and machines will take over. This family still receives many orders and day and night they work to fill them. Bhindraanvalee kirpaans are known for their strength and recognised world-wide. They maintain a unique place in the kirpaan market.

yeah i was just gonna say they dont make kirpans at mehta they just bring em from bhindra , and Sant baba Gurbachan Singh Khalsa told Taksali singhs that BHINDRA kirpans are really good n he reccomended u buy those soo they are not "taksali" kirpans as they are not mandatory for sum1 to be "taksali" they are Bhindra Kirpana