Website suggestions?

CEO

You might be better reading some books on Sikhism... like for instance start on Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Then you can search for more details on line. Some Guradwaras sell numerous of these books in English. They may come across as kids books but you can learn a lot of basics from them. I have learnt alot just by reading to my son. 

manvirsingh.blogspot.com- has really inspirational stories and sakhis. Also has informational articles qbout sikh history and philosophy

(im not sure i got the website address right tho. Just google Manvir Singh Blog)

Try basicsofsikhi on youtube

gurmatbibek.com- has  really good articles n sikh literature and forum

(be careful tho. This site  supports sarbloh bibek n tapobani lifestyle)

sikhnet.com-has updated news about sikhs from around the world. Sikh movies created by sikh youth. Really good gurbani media center

(be careful tho. This site supports yoga n 3HO lifestyle)

princeofpanjab- is a really good site. I forgot whether it was a blog or website. Just google it

My favorite is searchsikhism.com-the personal stories and testemonials r very inspiring

Theres also vidhia.com, ikatha.com, damdamitaksal.com, and gurbanicds.com. just google sikh websites or sikhi or sikh history or Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Google different personalities every week from sikh history. U will learn more about them n find different websites for example: sant nand singh ji nanksar, sant jarnail singh ji bhindranwale, sant attar singh ji mastuane, sant singh ji maskeen, bhai taru singh, bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji, jaswant singh ji khoji, sewa singh tarmala, dodar sahib, harmindar sahib

Guest Jacfsing2
15 hours ago, CEO said:

What are some sikhi websites where i can read spiritual articles, and generally learn & get updated with the world, in a Sikhi way if you know what i mean. Thanks.

Daas would really recommend you start at the basics of reading Gurbani, it's what starts and ends our spiritual growth to merge with the Guru. Spiritual articles and whatnot are made usually for those who already have a foundation. (Even Daas's own blog is not meant for the beginners, but rather those more knowledgeable than just the basics at http://gurukisikhi.weebly.com/). You can study from the Mahapurukhs books; however, it's highly unlikely you'll understand anything without first reading Gurbani to understand their essence.

Guest Jacfsing2
25 minutes ago, CEO said:

I checked the website. Why do they place "akali" in front of Guru ji's name? Like Akali Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Akali is another name for Nihang by itself; however, the true definition means Akal, Timeless being from Gurbani, which is a reference to Vaheguru; because Guru Sahib is Vaheguru; he is called Akali, according to some Nihangs Daas has listened from. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use