Jump to content

Is it acceptable to dispose printed pamphlet with Gurbani words/verses on it


Recommended Posts

Thank you for the information.

The problem is that we have smoke sensors at home, I can't burn it else the alarm will start to sound. Also, we can't burn it outside as we are not allowed and also if neighbors see the fire, they might call the fire brigade/police.


What are the other options?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2016 at 5:43 AM, Samsinghk said:

Thank you for the information.

The problem is that we have smoke sensors at home, I can't burn it else the alarm will start to sound. Also, we can't burn it outside as we are not allowed and also if neighbors see the fire, they might call the fire brigade/police.


What are the other options?

 

where do you live ? because in the UK you will not have such a problem , just buy a single use charcoal bbq tray , light it and burn your pamphlets after ardas . when it burns out you can dispose the tray ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

where do you live ? because in the UK you will not have such a problem , just buy a single use charcoal bbq tray , light it and burn your pamphlets after ardas . when it burns out you can dispose the tray ...

I live in Canada.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GurburAkal said:

Try consulting your local Gurdwara Sahib. Some Gurdwaras take in old Gutka Sahibs and pothis that are going to be sent for agan bhet. Ask

Thank you. I think my nearest gurudwara may accept the old gutka sahibs and pothis.

 

My main question is about how to dispose of paper advertisements/marriage cards, cards/pamphlets, calenders which has gurbani words, guru sahib photos, gurudwara photos etc. in a proper manner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2
7 hours ago, Samsinghk said:

Even if I use the candles, when I burn the paper, there would be smoke and the smoke alarm will trigger.

Just how strong are your smoke detectors that they'd notice the smoke coming from burning paper, you could keep the Gurbani pamphlets somewhere special.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Just how strong are your smoke detectors that they'd notice the smoke coming from burning paper, you could keep the Gurbani pamphlets somewhere special.

They smoke detectors are really strong in sensing the smoke and also i don't have any special place because all the floors are connected with smoke detectors. Also, I can't burn it outside as if the people notice it, they might call the police or fire brigade.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use