Mentally abused since childhood

Guest Reet

• 3 weeks later...

Guest Reet,

I am not sure if you are still in School or not but when I went to school, our University provided up to 100 hours of free Psychiatrist counselling for students having depression or feeling suicidal even when they do not have Insurance. I know of people who used their services and are leading normal lives now. I would say if you are a student please check with health center at your university and see if they can provide counselling to you. 

If not, there should be other help groups in the area who should be able to provide you counselling without insurance. There are some community health centers which charge you based on your income. You need to bring a copy of your W-2 and if your income is low then you have to pay discounted price for their service. These prices are usually low in the range of $25-$50 depending upon the service. No insurance is required. You can check for such community health centers in your area.

During your treatment, you can discuss with your counselor your situation in detail and get their professional advice on how to deal with your particular situation. Although this advice might seem like too western for somebody coming from India, but if it can help you keep your sanity then please take that advice and go on lead normal life. Sometimes relations become too much of a baggage to keep carrying them and you might have to let these go to be a successful person.

Your dad is a pathetic loser it this may sound harsh but in order for you to move forward with your life you need to realise this.Take your mother and brother and move out. If what you say is true and he truly does contribute nothing to the family than you gain nothing by staying with him.Focus on your life and your career cut out everybody who is a negative influence on your life surround yourself with positive uplifting people. He sounds like the typical deadbeat loser watch him come crying back after he cant support himself but you MUST NEVER EVER LET HIM BACK IN!!!   People like this are snakes who will just leech off of your goodwill youve already seen his true colors dont let him lie or manipulate you again. This is far from the the norm in sikh families that is why im giving this harsh advice dont tolerate this cowards bullying hes lost the right to call you his daughter. Who the hell cares what society thinks focus on creating a good life for yourself and your true family.

• 2 months later...
Guest Preeti hira

I think this is common practice in Punjabi families, my dad was very abusive towards my mother ever since I can remember and in return my mother would take out all her frustrations on me.

my mother use to go to magicians and do black magic to try and control my fathers temepr, the effects of the magic were very negative and situations got worse, the magic effect me a lot and I would suffer from recuring dreams and feel jumpy and frightend all the time. My concentration was poor and my grades slipped, I felt sucidal and dreamed of ruining away.

my mother never hit out on my brother but my dad sometimes would hit my brother when he wasn't at work.

my mothers ones went to a pandit to see her future and he told her I was bad luck and as the oldest daughter it was my fault for everything that is happinging in the family and that I am a curse to the family. After this I was tortured throughout my 17 years of living with them, even my youngest sister who was 7 years younger than me started joining in and randomly hitting me when ever they felt the need!

at the tender age of 17 on New Year's Day I found my self I a person cell for ABH on my father (which I did not do, I pushed my dad off me while he was punching me for listening to nusta Ali Khan, I pushed him off me and he went flying into the wardrobe mirror, he then over reacted and called the police on me who then came to arrest me)

while I was In the cell I made my mind up I wasn't going back. The police callled my parent to come collect me at 1am, after 3 hours of waiting the police relised me on the 1st Jan 2008 in to the cold weather, I was wearing nothing but a vest thin hoodie and ripped jeans, I huddeled in the phone box thinking what to do next.

and this is were you guys will judge me, but I called a college from work, I worked part time at KFC and had met a Pakistani guy, he was a good guy, he was caring, I called him and told him what had happened, he told me he would come to me and try to talk to my parents, he came and took me home, he spoke to my parents but they just screamed at me and him accusing me of horrible and outraged things.

i then packed my bag with a few clothes, took my bank card and left, my Pakistani friend is now my husband, he is so caring and loving, we married in court as I didn't want to convert, I still carry my Sikh name, I have a lovely son who goes both gutdwara and mosque. I more happier now then ever.

all this girls going off with Pakistanis and blah blah blah is not as sipmle as that, leaving g home is not an easy task, there is always a reason for an action. Not all Pakistani as groomers and not all Sikh parents are angels. The way I saw it is the day my friend now husband came went to my parents house to bring me home and the refused to take me back, my parents were glad to see the back off me and could not care less if I went with a pimp, kala, gora, Muslim or and alien from out of space, in my eyes my parents let me go.

Guest Preeti
On 30/09/2016 at 10:22 PM, Guest Stand up said:

Hi

i used to live in a family in which every member had a split personality.

My dad used to hit my mum and abuse us and eventually his mental illness spread to everyone.

I left a few times to go to university, made the mistake of going home and becoming a bit mad, left again as an older adult, then made the mistake of moving back. Upon moving back I was beaten up badly. Then I left for good and would never move back. I am now in the process of police proceedings to get justice for what was done to me.

you should stand up for yourself, as a grown adult. We are always free, were never alone. My family drove  me to the edge of insanity and I suffered depression for years while they bullied and beat me. Moving out frees you and there are Indians out there like me who do it and are able to move forward with this lives. Tell him his behaviour is unacceptable and needs to change or your going to do something about it. Don't have suicidal thoughts, life is a blessing and even if you're at rock bottom, go back to the light, stay and be positive. I'll join as a member and pm you.

Remember there are a lot of Sikh groups that can help u, you don't have to do it alone. 

What do you mean by police processings? Can you sue parents for child abuse?