Sign in to follow this  
Guest Baljit kaur

I Married a saint or what?

Guest Jacfsing2
15 hours ago, Guest Femaleboss said:

However,

Maybe you could introduce half an hour every day where he has to try to be like most of society, talk to you about the things you want to talk about, be engrossed in you. You will need him to be back down to earth when the baby arrives, you can't be the only one dealing with all the challenges, highs and lows parenting bring.

One of my uncles is like this and his kids resent him for it because he never pushed them at school or for careers, never took enough interest in developing them, only in sikhi.... Its a tough one, you need a balance when having a baby especially. You have to speak about it, have you spoken?

The price for attempting to change a Mahapurukh would be so high, it's not worth it. Exactly what is great about any society West or East, that would surpass Gurmat? When one parent is obsessed with their significant other, it just takes time away from everyone, he might probably be a legendary parent for his kids because he doesn't spoil people or put them on special pedestals. Daas's grandfather was somewhat like O.P.'s husband, (engrossed in doing Gurbani, and Naam), and nobody seemed to be making complaints about him, other than he doesn't talk much.

10 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The price for attempting to change a Mahapurukh would be so high, it's not worth it. Exactly what is great about any society West or East, that would surpass Gurmat? When one parent is obsessed with their significant other, it just takes time away from everyone, he might probably be a legendary parent for his kids because he doesn't spoil people or put them on special pedestals. Daas's grandfather was somewhat like O.P.'s husband, (engrossed in doing Gurbani, and Naam), and nobody seemed to be making complaints about him, other than he doesn't talk much.

difference was I guess he wasn't being compared to some worldly ideal ...love's other name is acceptance , maybe bhainji needs to love him in gurmukh sense too

Guest _ssinghuk_

Amazing, if I saw your husband bhenjee, I'd touch his feet!!! Dhan GurSikh! You are so lucky to have sangat of such a person.

• Like 1

Bheinji normally Bibi's are busy chatting with their sisters, mom, cousins, aunts, friends, neighbors etc

They don't have time to think about this sort of stuff.

Problem in marrying abroad is you don't get this support group which is available at home.

Don't know how things work in your community but most Bibi's call their parents so that they can help during pregnancy & delivery.

In older times Bibi's were send to PEKE so that they are comfortable and taken care of at the time of delivery.

This might give you and your husband a Break !

• Like 1

Guest Cool

He sounds pretty cool lol

If you're gursikh Shouldn't you be happy he has so much faith?

If you feel like he's not experiencing life enough and not having enough fun, then try and encourage him to go out with you more to dinners, theatres, exploring cities and travelling etc. part of being alive is discovering and enjoying his creation in life and enjoying life. 

Tell him him he can enjoy his life while still having and keeping his faith and that in fact, that's the best way to enjoy life.

• Like 2

From reading your second post, your husband seems to take care of you and respect you a lot, and your problem is that he loves everyone equally? You've had too much of a simple and easy life, you have no idea what REAL problems are. You should be grateful. You are a sikh, so shouldn't your goal be to be with Vaheguru? How many times are you planning to come back into this world and marry another guy that you are hoping he'll love you like no other? lol That's Vaheguru- no one can match up that perfection. I can't believe the problems you have listed about your husband is that he doesn't use FACEBOOK!?- I am done with this. *walks out*

• Like 1

People stop being judgemental.

We think if we were in her (OPs) position, we would appreciate her husband more and do alot of sangat and simran together. 

But thats not true. How many times have our parents or a gursikh or some kathavachak told us to do paath and we dont. Cuz its boring. I remember if some high avastha person comes to our house, he will want to tell us do paath, simran, but all we wanted to do was talk about when will Khalistan come, and wat ridhi sidhis we get. 

• Like 2

Guest guest

bhenjee you are so lucky, you have a big gift - a gursikh. this is why we are here in this world... instead of complaining about a diamond, you should start to see the value of one

You have such good kismat to have married such a Gursikh a Mahapursh in the making. Only people with good karams are blessed with such a spouse and you are complaining...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh,

Guest Baljit kaur ji, you are vade bhaga vali. so have chance to be mahapurkh's wife. where do you live in canada , can i have darshan of this Gurusikh?

guru fateh,