Should we choose a faction or remain factionless

singhbj singh

12 hours ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Of course, most factions are state or politically sponsored.  There is a political agenda behind each of them. Factions are created to fuel conflicting interests between people and parties. I suggest you read Madison too. He termed factions as necessarily a "dangerous vice" which presented the greatest threat to the popular government. He reached this conclusion after having read extensively, history and philosophical theories.

Politics play a very significant role in the lives of ordinary citizens regardless of the fact whether one accepts this fact or not. Politically motivated or engineered factions are a part of civil society.

That's why I feel those who are not aspiring to be politicians should stay away from politics.

Focus on something you can relate too.

Develope that virtue, be an expert in your chosen field.

2 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Oh I thought you were referring to divisions in Church, there are many

Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran etc

Coming back to Punjabi society I think most factions were created on the basis of caste & region.

Literacy is a big issue but looking at kids & grandkids of migrants don't see a major change.

Just like ancestors they are stuck in old ways, can't choose their spouse or faction.

Son of Akj is akj not ddt.

Jat girl marrying a jat not ramgarhia.

So how are things any different ?

honestly the two of you are clueless ...people marry what they know well , if a sikh who goes to many akj programs that doesn't make him/her an AKJ sikh but a gursikh who goes to programs by Akj , but they can also go to nihang, DDT , nanaksaria programs and gurdwarey too and the same is true of the other jathey point is they are Gursikhs who are all going to sangat of like minds i.e. those who love Guru ji . If you want to spread hatred and 'factions' you need to read history Bhai Randhir SIngh and Sant Thakur SIngh ji had good relationships despite individual differences of opinions because they saw brothers and sisters in Sikhi . Did Sant ji refuse to recognise Bhai Fauja Singh ji shaheed ever ? no ...so take your rubbish theories and dump them elsewhere.  Those who believe that marriages only happen in same caste, in between same jathebandian have very shallow ideas of what is going on out there . My sister is married to another caste, my brother to a non affiliated sikh, the other to a different jatha ... and we all get on fine because we are not ruled by divisions but by Guru ji's love - the jot is in all and we can all appreciate and learn from each other. The STrength of the panth is in its diversity yet same jot.  

• age 09

Pato Banton & Sting - Spirits In The Material World

Now hear this now, hear this
Pato Banton and Sting, touch down again
For every man, woman, boy and girl
We are spirits in the material world

There is no political solution
To our troubled evolution
Have no faith in constitution
There is no bloody revolution

Our so-called leaders speak
With words they try to jail you
The subjugate the meek, ooh yeah
But it's the rhetoric of failure, yeah

Watch this!
Spirtitual, material
Yes we are spiritual inna this material world
Spirtitual, material

So run come come, run come come
Every pose run come come
Run come listen to the words of Mister P.A.T.O. Banton
I'm a spiritual man pon this material land
Spreading peace and love to each and everyone
So play this one on the radio station
And rock the air-ways with positive vibrations
The youth need spiritual education
That's the only way they'll ever know their destination

Spirtitual, material
Spirtitual, material

Where does the answer lie?
Living from day to day
If it's something we can't buy
There must be another way

24 minutes ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

As I mentioned before, we cannot ever be free of politics and political thinkers. Politics rule our lives, on daily basis.  We are living in a day and age, in which, we have to admit that we are all interconnected not only spiritually,  but politically too. Politics of China, USA, India or Japan etc., have direct or indirect consequences everywhere in the world. We cannot get away from politics, no matter how hard we try. Even if we decide to live on a remote  desert island and think of God continually, your stay there can be thwarted by politics, if they decide to carry out fracking in search of cheaper fuel! You will have to move. Our lives are overwhelmed with how our politicians think and decide.  We can become experts in our chosen fields but we will never be free of politics or policies.

Aristotle was not wrong in emphasising that the role of politics and politicians in a society should be, ' to bring about the virtuous life' of the citizens. By the way, I hate politics!

given that politics is just the matters concerning operation of a society there is no getting away from it ...I prefer Guru ji's model rather than the current ones which seem to feed off the people like a parasitic leech instilling fear and confusion to mask their own unsavoury activities . 

3 minutes ago, kangw said:

Interconnectedness has long been within the ambit of spirituality, but now, as people are becoming more literate they are moving away from blindly following many old fashioned rituals, beliefs and concepts without any scientific basis or proof. They are referred to as the disenchanted minority and they strongly feel politically interconnectedness  They demand scientific proof for everything or they turn their backs on them.  Religions can only be practiced in the presence legitimate political consent or permission. We have seen how certain countries are banning signs and symbols of sikh religion. Turbans (Paris)and kirpans cannot be worn freely in certain parts of the world.  Kirpans, have to be removed if travelling with certain Airlines and a turbaned passenger or passengers can be removed from the flight altogether, at random!  There is no getting away from politics and how they manipulate the minds of those they exert influence upon.

this is also hand in hand behaviour of avarice filled govt ( slaves of corporations) they don't care if they kill hundreds or millions, we are all expendable as are the rest of the masses. uk knows that saudi are taking the weapons they sell and are attacking the yemeni population do they give a damn? na did they when they supplied sadam the gas to kill the kurds.