Jathedari of Akal Takht given to Panj Piarey by Hawara

35 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

In Punjab none of this actually matters. Nobody really cares about who is jathedar or what is happening sikhi wise. There is only a small percentage that actually cares but most of Punjab don't care.

It's almost like these are irrelevant symbolic gestures that have no day-to-day relevance to the lives of ordinary people.  The Sikh hierarchy is so incredibly out of touch with the people it's supposed to represent. That's no fault of the Sikh faith, but more an indictment of contemporary Sikh leadership. Most, if not all, religions seem to be in similar shape, whereby there's a huge disconnect between its "flock" and the people who are the face of that particular religion.

Guest Jacfsing2
20 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's almost like these are irrelevant symbolic gestures that have no day-to-day relevance to the lives of ordinary people.  The Sikh hierarchy is so incredibly out of touch with the people it's supposed to represent. That's no fault of the Sikh faith, but more an indictment of contemporary Sikh leadership. Most, if not all, religions seem to be in similar shape, whereby there's a huge disconnect between its "flock" and the people who are the face of that particular religion.

Isn't there also a controversy on who the legit Jathedars are? Especially with some Regressive members of the Panth claiming the Gurbachan Singh, while the pro-Sarbat Khalsa people follow Jagtar Singh. While we are on that topic, who's the guy who succeed Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji of the Taksal, Dhumma, Ram Singh, Mohan Singh, or is it still Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale? (Yes, Daas noticed there is no Singh after Dhumma,)

First of all let be begin by saying i respect jathedar hawara ji

however this statement or wish is really not good for the panth right now.

here is why:

1. he doesnt know what is going on outside, he only gets one sided information. As a Jathedar of the panth daas thinks you should look on everything and then decide.

2. We have a acting jathedar. Which should handle everything until Jathedar hawara is released from jail.

3. For a normal sikh it seems there is no ekta between the jathedars( jathedar hawara, jathedar mand, jathedar ajnala and jathedar daduwal.

4. Since the incident between akj and Jathedar ajanala, it seems we have two groups now. One jathedar mand, ajnala and daduwal on the otherside those 5 singh ( bhai satnaam singh khanda etc.) and akj.

5. by choosind those 5 singhs it seems like a power move. why didnt he choose other 5 singhs? he could have choosen other respected gursikh for example Baba avtar singh bidi chand, jathedar bakhish singh ( akj), jathedar nihaal singh, jathedar ajnala, karsewa sant) by that you would have a balance and would have a ekta. 

how can you bring ekta by selecting One Group and ignoring the acting jathedar????

in the end for me its a power move ... and it wont help the panth it will hurt the panth....

Guest Jacfsing2
9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Is Mann revealing that he's not that great of a guy? Even the Guru, (the holiest of holy beings of Vaheguru Ji), himself wouldn't say anything negative about the Punj Pyare, and he, (Mann), seems to be insulting them openly over a small disagreement of Jathedars. (Also lets not forget what Mann's Nanu was guilty of).

as far i know sikhi, 5 singhs become 5 pyare in the presence of guru granth sahib. They are 5 Gursikh but not panj pyare.. 

when they dismissed the jathedar, they were in the presence of guru granth sahib ji and did ardaas and then dismissed it ..

i am sure there are naam abyaasis singhs/singhnia on this forum who could explain it... and know the maryada better

Just now, pinpott said:

It's very annoying when we don't know what's happening anymore.

unless we try to think about it , no one will be able to keep track ...I mean so Far this year there have been over 80 incidents of beadbhi of Gurbani Saroops and gutkey  and not one seriously investigated case 

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

unless we try to think about it , no one will be able to keep track ...I mean so Far this year there have been over 80 incidents of beadbhi of Gurbani Saroops and gutkey  and not one seriously investigated case 

Why don't they take their responsibilities seriously anymore?