Help with finding Baby names for letter R and S

Guest NewDad

Just now, Preeet said:

Of course, everyone is free to believe in what they want. But there is nothing wrong with giving some cultural significance of a name to someone.

Actually I think Ravinder Kaur would mean 'Sun God Kaur', not Kaur of the Sun God.. As Mahinder means 'Great God'. None of these names are antigurmat, it all depends on perception. Me and you both know that names do not add any significance to someone's spiritual journey besides the naamkaran.

convention of  sikh names meaning reading is Singh/kaur Belonging to /of (god's name/attribute) First Name
 OR
Singh/ Kaur having the Godly Attribute in first name ...

so Dayal Singh my son is the Singh who is compassionate OR Singh of The Compassionate One which makes more sense .

Isher Kaur my daughter  means she is a Kaur belonging to Isher NOT she is Isher .

7 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Of course, everyone is free to believe in what they want. But there is nothing wrong with giving some cultural significance of a name to someone.

Actually I think Ravinder Kaur would mean 'Sun God Kaur', not Kaur of the Sun God.. As Mahinder means 'Great God'. None of these names are antigurmat, it all depends on perception. Me and you both know that names do not add any significance to someone's spiritual journey besides the naamkaran.

actually I know Bhai Jeevan Singh ji would disagree with you , that's why a sikh should take care with naming as if you give a manmukh name you change the direction in which that child will flow .

27 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Any reason why preeet and jeet/inder should be avoided? 

No reason, but I feel we Sikhs have been stuck for the last 2 or 3 generations with these deep preet jeet and in particular the inder ending names. The older generations the pre 1947 partition generations did not have these types of names.

6 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

actually I know Bhai Jeevan Singh ji would disagree with you , that's why a sikh should take care with naming as if you give a manmukh name you change the direction in which that child will flow .

There's power in names, even if we look back in history in places like Egypt you'll notice how much emphasis someones name has on their character. Someone's true name was believed to give you complete power over them, even looking at western names there is a religious attribution to them all.

3 minutes ago, Preeet said:

The 2nd version of a Sikh having godly attributes is what I was talking about, if someone is named Ravinder, they don't really become the Sun God. Do you think the name Sri Chand is antigurmat? Considering you think Ravinder (Sun God) is wrong?

Most people do not even care or know what their name means.. & having a name which is an attribute to my Sri Vaheguru Sahib ji's creation is not wrong. Perception is wrong. Someone can be named Dayal and recieve ahankar thinking that they are the most Dayalus, or they can live up to the name with a positive perception.

surya dev is considered to be whom....and he is not Akal Purakh but a devta subject to kaal so your thesis is wrong
speak for yourself not the millions of sikhs out there please , sorry but unlike you I taught my children what their names meant and who they serve as Singhs and Kaurs

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

how you doing now , can you think of any more Rs S is easier to find ...

There's some I like:

Rasbir - Elixir of courage 

Ramneek - Beauteous 

Ratan - a diamond like person 

Ramgeet - song of all pervading God 

Ratangeet - song of diamond (soul)

5 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Really? Where did you find that information from? These name are from sanskrit which means they are fairly old, meaning they have always been around.

try reading old news reports from partition , history books about gursikhs , Bijai Singh , Sada Kaur , my grandfather Kartar Singh , Gurnam Singh, my Dad Baldev SIngh , My pard Nana Anokh SIngh...

Just now, Preeet said:

Really, go ask any elderly Sikh bibi or baba and ask them what their name means, you will find your answer. The majority do not have any interest in what their name means because their interest is God. & what is your point that he is a devta? That devta came out from Sri Vaheguru Sahib ji just like us and if you consider him inferior to anyone you are indirectly insulting Sri Vaheguru Sahib ji's creation.. If you call yourself a worshiper of God but are going to speak lowly of one and highly of another then that is not the kind of bhagatni that Sri Guru Sahib ji would want !

Learn to read Preeto, she said Devta are subjected to Kaal, that means they die, they are reborn etc etc. 

2 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Really, go ask any elderly Sikh bibi or baba and ask them what their name means, you will find your answer. The majority do not have any interest in what their name means because their interest is God. & what is your point that he is a devta? That devta came out from Sri Vaheguru Sahib ji just like us and if you consider him inferior to anyone you are indirectly insulting Sri Vaheguru Sahib ji's creation.. If you call yourself a worshiper of God but are going to speak lowly of one and highly of another then that is not the kind of bhagatni that Sri Guru Sahib ji would want !

Bazurg are more aware of their names meaning and strive to live in its wake .

try reading Dasam Pita ji's bani before saying anything else ... a sikh is to focus on one point alone and that is Akal Purakh , not entities stuck in maya

55 minutes ago, Preeet said:

17 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Really? Where did you find that information from? These name are from sanskrit which means they are fairly old, meaning they have always been around.

You are taking this the wrong way preet ji I am not attacking Sanskrit names.  But it cannot be denied that this trend of keeping jeet, deep, preet, inder ending names only started in the  post partition generations. Before that, it was very rare to find these types of names. Before partition we had names like Milkha Singh, Hari Singh, Arjan Singh etc. Look at the names of all the puratan Sikhs, Sahibzadas, 40 muktas, 5 Pyaras. No where you will find these jeet preet inder ending names.