baba vadbagh singh sodhi?

Guest sodhi

does anyone no much about baba vadbagh singh sodhi?  i read that he was excommunicated from the panth?

my family name is sodhi too! my mum says we come from the same family as him, when we go india we go too his dhera! my thiya goes to his dhera ritually 

where descendants of his family but i read somewhere that he was apparently rejected by the panth?

in my family if a new born baby boy is born or if a guy from our family gets married, its tradition for the family then to go to his dhera for "blessings"  !

i know this all sounds weird but yeah  LOL!

iv been to his dhera once when we went india! its in himachal pardesh, high up in the mountains, not too far from anandpur sahib if i remember correctly.

it was a weird place! lots of weird stuff happening there! my mum didnt let me question anything. not far from the dhera is like a holy waterfall where people take a dip. its like in the middle of nowhere surrounded by mountains and forests. next to this holy waterfall is a little gurdwara but when you do matha tekh there this dude slaps your back while your bent over with a chimta and peacock feathers! this other guy was ringing bells in there too! outside, there were all these black strings everywhere, some had beads. my nanni said the strings have a mantra read in them and that we must NOT touch them!! there were red cloths tied everywhere and some strings with beads thrown around everywhere, lots of weird looking jewelry, rings etc . because these things had mantras read into them and were once worn by possessed people we weren't meant to touch them and had to dodge these strings everywhere when walking!!  it was creepy! my nani said people who were possessed wore these and once they are cured they leave these strings here! and if you touch them the evil mantra will come onto you in return. the strings and beads were scattered everywhere on the ground and we were told to dodge them! all this <banned word filter activated> was by the "holy" waterfall .there was also this woman sitting there but she had no pupils! just the white parts of her eye! and she was chanting some stuff. the whole place was creepy! the weird the location, the mountains and forests didnt help either lol 

we then left the magic waterfall and went to the main dhera which was higher up the mountain and that was just as worse. guru granth sahib is kept there but there also a couple of possessed women just outside the main gurdwara! they were making heavy breathing noises and swinging there hair back and forth like crazy and these priests were reading stuff to them!! 

i couldnt get this place out of my head for several days! the thing is guru granth sahib is kept in this place too and the surrounding shrines and yet they do all this weird stuff there.

anyone know anything more about baba vadhbagh singh?  

because he was excommunicated, then how did we, his descendants get back into the sikh fold? my family are sikhs we believe in guru granth sahib ji and go gurdwara

has anyone else been to this place too? 

Never been there or heard the name. 

However google the name baba vadbagh singh sodhi and I got alot of results. Have you tried that?

If you want to ask how he got excommunicated go and ask Bhai Jagraj Singh. He knowledge on sikhism is equivalent of religious scholars today. http://www.basicsofsikhi.com/contact-us/general-enquiries/

However if you want to know how your descendants got back into the sikhi fold I believe I can answer that. 

2 reasons. People do not find shaanti or peace in a gurdwara and people can not get connection through naam through a gurdwara. Here Bhai Jagraj Singh take the example from the radha soamis.

WJKK WJKF

• 1 month later...
Guest Jacfsing2

If you are supposedly Sodhis the question is why would you need to have to go to false Gurus, when the true Guru himself blessed them with the real Gurship from 4-10 Gurus? (Is he related to one of the 22 fake Gurus who were Sodhis when finding Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji?) The main reason people generally goes to Deras is the Sangat which they feel Sikhs aren't open enough, (which in reality we have failed in that regard), at Deras you could friends, loved ones, and a communitty to back you up if you need money or something else, that is why people go to Deras.

Guest Jacfsing2

Apparently from Daas reading-up on this Pakhandi Baba; he is the descandent of Dhir Mal; (who happened to have been related to the true Guru and started his own Pakhandi Cult known as Dhir Malia), you being the blood descent of him and following Gurmat are unrelated, (only Gur-prassad makes Sikhi). He seemed to have been a Sikh at one point; (Amrit Chackna), even fighting some of the bad guys as a warrior; however, during the chaos of the Misls he seemed to be involved in creating his new cult. Its a good thing Guru Sahib had saved you from it.

5 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Apparently from Daas reading-up on this Pakhandi Baba; he is the descandent of Dhir Mal; (who happened to have been related to the true Guru and started his own Pakhandi Cult known as Dhir Malia), you being the blood descent of him and following Gurmat are unrelated, (only Gur-prassad makes Sikhi). He seemed to have been a Sikh at one point; (Amrit Chackna), even fighting some of the bad guys as a warrior; however, during the chaos of the Misls he seemed to be involved in creating his new cult. Its a good thing Guru Sahib had saved you from it.

Wow, stop calling sants pakhandi when most likely you might be pakhandi too. Pakhand means silly and it is also pakhand to also do paath but to have your dhyan elsewhere whilst praying. This Baba ji is a SantBaba. I don't think anyone calls him a Guru, but he is very true. & simply because you have not had a darshan of his mehima that does not mean he is false. He preaches Sri Gurbani Sahib ji, and has achieved more than any of us probably can ever. So many people have been cured by his help, but like Jagraj Singh said 'If God came down with a golden hand and grabbed the athiest, the athiest still might not believe it', the same thing can be applied to others when they slander people who have only been teaching Sri Gurbani Sahib ji. 

Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, Preeet said:

Wow, stop calling sants pakhandi when most likely you might be pakhandi too. Pakhand means silly and it is also pakhand to also do paath but to have your dhyan elsewhere whilst praying. This Baba ji is a SantBaba. I don't think anyone calls him a Guru, but he is very true. & simply because you have not had a darshan of his mehima that does not mean he is false. He preaches Sri Gurbani Sahib ji, and has achieved more than any of us probably can ever. So many people have been cured by his help, but like Jagraj Singh said 'If God came down with a golden hand and grabbed the athiest, the athiest still might not believe it', the same thing can be applied to others when they slander people who have only been teaching Sri Gurbani Sahib ji. 

Dhir Mal is a Pakhandi Baba, which this Vadhbag Singh based his own organization from. Daas did mention positives about him, such as him being a true fighter against injustice, but to say he didn't benefit from Sikhs fighting amongst themselves is a lie, for fighting Sharia Law Daas respects him for that, and he should be respected for a warrior against Sharia, but simply for that reason he isn't a Mahapurukh, (Daas respects Donald Trump for attempting to protect America from Sharia in the world, but just for that one positive, Daas won't call the man a Sant).

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Dhir Mal is a Pakhandi Baba, which this Vadhbag Singh based his own organization from. Daas did mention positives about him, such as him being a true fighter against injustice, but to say he didn't benefit from Sikhs fighting amongst themselves is a lie, for fighting Sharia Law Daas respects him for that, and he should be respected for a warrior against Sharia, but simply for that reason he isn't a Mahapurukh, (Daas respects Donald Trump for attempting to protect America from Sharia in the world, but just for that one positive, Daas won't call the man a Sant).

But Vadhbhag Singh ji has spiritual gyan, and he orders his followers to take refuge in Sri Gurbani. He also had darshan of Das Guru at the same time, and if someone has that darshan of Das Guru they are automatically awakened! & comparing Dhir Mal to him is not right! They are different people. Just please, if not sure of someone's spiritual status, it is better to stay quiet rather than risking having paaps come towards themselves. Even if someone is not as awakened, it is better to let them be, rather than to waste time.

Thanks guys!

I only beleive in our guru ji. i only asked about him because he happens to be a distant descendant whose dhera my family members in india still visit.

What I know about him is he was a true sikh but when he settled in the mountains he started practising exorcism, which i think is against sikhi ??? 

We have some DVDs about his life and the history of the dhera but the content is mostly mythology and has alot about vastu shastra and stuff 

It's just interesting learning about your ancestors and how you became what you are etc ...

I personally didn't like being at the dhera. it didnt have the protective comforting feeling that a gurdwara has.

Guest Jacfsing2
10 hours ago, Guest Sodhi said:

I personally didn't like being at the dhera. it didnt have the protective comforting feeling that a gurdwara has.

When you were at his Dera were they singing Gurbani or Tantras, (Black Magic)?