Is Bhagti Inherited? (NOT INCLUDING THE MAHAPURUKHS)

Guest Jacfsing2

On 08/10/2016 at 3:48 PM, Lionesswoman said:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born into a family who made fun of him, excluding his sister. 

So no, Bhagti is not inherited. Everything is Hukam and karam and in Kalyug, we reap what we sow ourselves. 

as I had said before I have never read that Mata Tripta ji ever treated her children badly ...so I don't know where you you got that immpression, it is true however Guru ji's pita ji Swore, ridiculed and beat him.

On 08/10/2016 at 9:24 AM, sikhni777 said:

If his father would not have tested him, and left him alone.....would Bhagat Ji have attained the greatness with which we now know him. 

This is the khel of Waheguru.

Tudh aap vochoreya aap milaya.

If his father had not been possessed by ahankaar... we would not have this story from which we can learn and understand the greatness of Bhagat Ji. 

Also these tests were important in order to determine the devotion on bhagat ji. His father while having performed tapasya asked for life immortal on earth. This means that despite having performed tapasya his soul was not totally satisfied with life on this earth. He loved it too much and loved his raaj too much and wanted to live forever. The boon was granted to him, however he abused it by giving a hard time to God's bhagat. He was a sant ka dhokhi in other words and reaped the punishment which is given to sant ka dhokhi.

According to Dasam Granth Bani Bhagat Ji's arrival was always imminent, He was always going to be attached to naam, he would always have risen as that was his destiny, his father had no influence in it whatsoever. 

On 08/10/2016 at 9:48 PM, sikhni777 said:

Bhai Rama Ji is one example of who cut his kesh and had alcohol and other vices. He was totally ignorant of Guru Ji's wisdom. This was because of one his bad karams. However when Guru Ji delivered him, then he started bhagti and kept kesh and became the provider of inspiration to millions of youth. He had been a Sikh of none other than Guru Gobind Singh Ji in the past. 

This is why we are told not to judge others.- Karmi apo apno ke nerhe ke dhoor. It is because of our actions that we are near or far to Waheguru. When he will look at us with kirpa dhristi, then we will truly be followers of the path with all our doubts being cast out and we will understand the understandable. 

Sis, I've not judged anyone. I was making a stark comparison about how a Mahapurkh I knew had sons who strayed from the path, they were clearly more fortunate than I to be born into a household where someone immersed in Sikhi resided, however you can't claim their avasta is the same as their fathers when they themselves were so far from Rehit. Same goes with Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharajs sons. Gurbani even states they turned their back on their father, how does that correlate to having the same Avasta as Akaal Purkh himself.

On 8 October 2016 at 3:48 PM, Lionesswoman said:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born into a family who made fun of him, excluding his sister. 

So no, Bhagti is not inherited. Everything is Hukam and karam and in Kalyug, we reap what we sow ourselves. 

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

as I had said before I have never read that Mata Tripta ji ever treated her children badly ...so I don't know where you you got that immpression, it is true however Guru ji's pita ji Swore, ridiculed and beat him.

Hi okay maybe she didn't. But he was still ridiculed by his father- so Bhagti isn't inherited. 

1 hour ago, Lionesswoman said:

Hi okay maybe she didn't. But he was still ridiculed by his father- so Bhagti isn't inherited. 

Mata ji had to be a dharmic jeevanwali otherwise she couldn't have given birth to Bebe Nanaki , such a soul that could stir Akal Purakh to send Guru ji to be her brother , and could recognise his divinity from the start.

• 1 month later...
On 08/10/2016 at 1:28 PM, Thanatos said:

There's no mention of Bhagat Ji's mother being the reason he wanted to do Jaap in Dasam Granth Bani, it only states that his teacher was the one who taught him, im 100% certain if this detail was important Guru Sahib would have put it down in his bani,

Yes thanks for pointing that out. Actually there are two bhagats whose names can be confused. Dhruv and dhru prehladh. 

The verses below refer to Dhruv whose mother was the primary source of his inspiration. His fathers name was Uttanaapada and not Harnakhash. 

vaara Bhai Gurdaas JI

VAAR 10 Pauri 1

ਧ੍ਰੂ ਹਸਦਾ ਘਰਿ ਆਇਆ ਕਰਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ਪਿਉ ਕੁਛੜਿ ਲੀਤਾ।

Dhr Hasadaa Ghari Aaiaa Kari Piaaru Piu Kouchharhi Leetaa.

ध्र हसदा घरि आइआ करि पिआरु पिउ कुछड़ि लीता ।

Boy Dhru came smiling to his house (palace) and his father full of love put him into his lap.

1 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੦ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੧

ਬਾਹਹੁ ਪਕੜਿ ਉਠਾਲਿਆ ਮਨ ਵਿਚਿ ਰੋਸੁ ਮਤ੍ਰੇਈ ਕੀਤਾ।

Baaharu Pakarhi Outdaaliaa Man Vichi Rosu Matrayee Keetaa.

बाहरु पकड़ि उठालिआ मन विचि रोसु मत्रेई कीता ।

Seeing this, the stepmother got angry and catching hold of his arm pushed him out of the lap of the father (the king).

2 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੦ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੨

ਡੁਡਹੁਲਿਕਾ ਮਾਂ ਪੁਛੈ ਤੂੰ ਸਾਵਾਣੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸੁਰੀਤਾ?

Dudahulikaa Maan Pouchhai Toon Saavaanee Hai Ki Sureetaa.

डुडहुलिका मां पुछै तूं सावाणी है कि सुरीता ।

Tearful with fear he asked his mother whether she was a queen or a maidservant?

3 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੦ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੩

ਸਾਵਾਣੀ ਹਾਂ ਜਨਮ ਦੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਭਗਤੀ ਕਰਮਿ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ੍ਹੀਤਾ।

Saavaanee Haan Janam Dee Naamu N Bhagatee Karami Drirhheetaa.

सावाणी हां जनम दी नामु न भगती करमि द्रिड़्हीता ।

O son! (said she) I was born queen but I did not remember God and did not undertake acts of devotion (and this is the reason of yours and mine plight).

4 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੦ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੪

ਕਿਸੁ ਉਦਮ ਤੇ ਰਾਜੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਸਤ੍ਰੂ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਹੋਵਨਿ ਮੀਤਾ?।

Kisu Udam Tay Raaju Mili Satr Tay Sabhi Hovani Meetaa.

किसु उदम ते राजु मिलि सत्र ते सभि होवनि मीता ।

With that effort can the kingdom be had (asked Dhru) and how can enemies turn friends?

5 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੦ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੫

ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਆਰਾਧੀਐ ਜਿਦੂ ਹੋਈਐ ਪਤਿਤ ਪੁਨੀਤਾ।

Paramaysaru Aaraadheeai Jidoo Hoeeai Patit Pouneetaa.

परमेसरु आराधीऐ जिदू होईऐ पतित पुनीता ।

The Lord should be worshipped and thus the sinners also become sacred ones (said the mother).

6 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੦ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੬

ਬਾਹਰਿ ਚਲਿਆ ਕਰਣਿ ਤਪੁ ਮਨ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਹੋਇ ਅਤੀਤਾ।

Baahari Chaliaa Karani Tapu Man Bairaagee Hoi Ateetaa.

बाहरि चलिआ करणि तपु मन बैरागी होइ अतीता ।

Listening to this and getting totally detached in his mind Dhru went out (to the jungle) to undertake rigorous discipline.

7 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੦ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੭

The above show clearly the main reason why Dhruv Bhagat Ji set out to do Naam jap. What follows shows who taught him the technique of naam jap.

ਨਾਰਦ ਮੁਨਿ ਉਪਦੇਸਿਆ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਅਮਿਓ ਰਸੁ ਪੀਤਾ।

Naarad Mouni Oupadaysiaa Naau Nidhaanu Amiao Rasu Peetaa.

नारद मुनि उपदेसिआ नाउ निधानु अमिओ रसु पीता ।

On the way, sage Narad taught him the technique of devotion and Dhru quaffed the nectar from the ocean of the Name of the Lord.

8 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੦ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੮

Bhagati isn't inherited, although it does "attract" if that makes sense, IF that's what is written. As others have noted earlier, some brilliantly spiritual people are often surrounded by... let's call them trying people and circumstances, lol. So what happened to the inheritance of spirituality in those cases? It's all explained in Jap Ji Sahib.