Dukh Bhanjani Sahib HIstory

Kira

Does anyone know the history of  Dukh Bhanjani Sahib bani, I'm well aware its a composition of various banis however who first composed it? is it the same principle as Reharas Sahib where it varies from person to person. I'm looking for a verified History please, preferably the words of Mahapurkhs or Historians would be great.  

6 hours ago, Kira said:

Does anyone know the history of  Dukh Bhanjani Sahib bani, I'm well aware its a composition of various banis however who first composed it? is it the same principle as Reharas Sahib where it varies from person to person. I'm looking for a verified History please, preferably the words of Mahapurkhs or Historians would be great.  

Sorry i dont have any verifiable info either, and all the versions that ive seen of dukh bhanjani sahib seem similar unlike rehraas sahib. But i think its a composition similar to another bani called sukhmana sahib. This bani is actually a collection of different shabads that occur in the same raag, theme, and angs of SGGS. It is not given a name in SGGS, and its seems to be sikh made meaning sikhs/ mahapursh just recited it and gave it a name. The same seems true for dukh bhanjani sahib: its mostly shabads in i think raag gaori, and similar theme, and some due occur on same ang. 

5 hours ago, Kira said:

that doesnt really help xD, it doesnt give much info 

Its weird how there doesn't seem to be any katha on it (I can't find any) and there is no information about the origin or who compiled it. 

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/dukh-bhanjani-sahib-paath.26528/

This seems to be the most common explanation of its origin, 

"Dukh Bhanjani Sahib which begins with the shabad "Dukh bhanjan tera naam meaning "The Destroyer of Suffering is Thy Name". - A compilation of scripture which includes many shabads written by Fifth Guru Arjun Dev during the illness and healing of his young son Sixth Guru Hargobind"

http://sikhism.about.com/od/gurugranthsahib/tp/hymns_and_prayers.htm

On 22/11/2016 at 10:22 AM, simran345 said:

Its weird how there doesn't seem to be any katha on it (I can't find any) and there is no information about the origin or who compiled it. 

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/dukh-bhanjani-sahib-paath.26528/

This seems to be the most common explanation of its origin, 

"Dukh Bhanjani Sahib which begins with the shabad "Dukh bhanjan tera naam meaning "The Destroyer of Suffering is Thy Name". - A compilation of scripture which includes many shabads written by Fifth Guru Arjun Dev during the illness and healing of his young son Sixth Guru Hargobind"

http://sikhism.about.com/od/gurugranthsahib/tp/hymns_and_prayers.htm

Yeah I heard something similar but who complied them into the bani is the big question. I mean, in comparison to Japji Sahib or Jaap Sahiib there's no real flow (by that I mean from ang 1-8 and so on).

All I've heard is that this bani was compiled by babas and deras for seekers coming for their dukhs and treatments.  Maybe it prevented a few from diverting to other paths and getting ripped off by fake healers/pandits?...  ..I would hope so!

The important fact is that ALL GURBANI can HEAL.... Gurbani is the TRUTH, the ultimate TRUTH revealed by Guru. 

For some of us and our buddhi, it is easier to read and contemplate shabads that somehow feel directly aligned with words like Dukh, Sukh, suffering, pain.,illness..,There is nothing wrong with this as long as it brings the suffering devotee closer to akaal purakh.    We all come across certain pangtees or verses in all paaths that seem to stick with greater affinity. These seem to give an elated feeling of joy and connection.  Therefore, it becomes easier to do repetitive jap or kirtan of these shabads..This is how gurbani works and why there are different raags.    If someone feels a stronger connection with certain shabads or compliation of shabads, then there will only be benefit if that person dwells further and further into that bani.

What I don't like is when people start slating banees like dukh bhanjani by associating with babas and deras. At the end of the day GURBANI is the TRUTH, bani is Guru and Guru is bani.  No matter what verses are sung in random order, you can never harm or hurt the untouchable truth.

The goal is ultimately to get to that state where pain and pleasure are actually just the same thing.. Fact is that after you die, you realise that all the events and what you deemed as obstacles and sufferings in your life, were in fact divine blessings!  Such is the wondrous play of Waheguru.