SIKH YOUTH ABUSED IN US

JSinghnz

BOSTON: A 22-year-old Sikh, studying at the prestigious Harvard Law School, was allegedly abused and harassed at a store near the campus by a man who mistook him for a Muslim. Over 200 incidents of hateful harassment and intimidation across the US have been reported since Donald Trump won the presidential election+ .

Harmann Singh, a first year law student at the university, said he was shopping in a store in Cambridge, Massachusetts, while speaking on the phone with his mother, when a man walked in and said to the clerk behind the counter, "Oh look, there's a (expletive) Muslim."

"Over the weekend, I was confronted by a man who called me a '(expletive) Muslim' and followed me around a store aggressively asking where I was from, and no one in the store said a thing. I was on the phone with my mom the entire time, and we were both concerned for my safety as this man stood inches away from me," Singh wrote about his experience in The Boston Globe.

According to Singh, the man started following him around the store, harassing him and asking him where he was from. Singh, who is from Buffalo, New York, said he tried to ignore the man and continue his conversation with his mother, who was worried.

She could hear the man questioning Singh and told her son to leave the shop. Singh said the man followed him to the checkout counter.

"I told him, 'Hey I'm actually from New York. I live here now down the street. Is there anything I can do to help you?'" Singh said.

The man did not respond and Singh left the store as quickly as possible. A bystander who checks in with the person being harassed in any situation can make all the difference, he said

The owner of the store told Boston.com that he was going back and forth between the back and front of the shop at the time of the incident that took place on November 11 and saw the man who spoke to Singh come in.

"I don't know where that guy came from and I hope I don't see him again," said the owner, who did not want to be named.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/us-canada-news/Sikh-youth-mistaken-for-Muslim-abused-at-US-store/articleshow/55534866.cms

Guest Jacfsing2

The location of Harvard is really liberal a place Trump couldn't win in a million of years, at worst this would be a fake Trump Supporter who actually is a Clinton person trying to make Trump supporters look bad. New England and California have always voted Democrat and will always vote Democrat, that is not a question.

On 11/21/2016 at 9:00 AM, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki fateh ji

& what about the Hilary supporters who have done riots and vandalized properties?? Some of the Hilary supporters probably do that to tarnish Trump's name. 

Gurfateh, 

Proof? Otherwise your reply is part of rumor mill.

48 minutes ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Lol you guys are ridiculous. Couldnt be one of the odd few trump supporters residing in a Liberal neighborhood? I doubt explaining to this man would have don much but better than putting your head down and pretending to not hear him. 

Bro we are not denying the attack and how bad it is , but being shallow and trying to pin it on change of regime makes light of previous attacks and the need to being aware all the time and accepting that there will always be attacks like this no matter whose backside is warming the seat in the Oval Office. You have to be aware of what's going on around you and develop street smarts, the world is not going to have your back most of the time

Guest Jacfsing2
2 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Lol you guys are ridiculous. Couldnt be one of the odd few trump supporters residing in a Liberal neighborhood? I doubt explaining to this man would have don much but better than putting your head down and pretending to not hear him. 

Daas has probably been the most vocal on the Anti-Trump spectrum, read this topic and you'll know: http://sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/78939-sikh-americans-fight-for-civil-rights-in-donald-trump’s-america/ but making unfair comparisons that somehow Trump is responsible for what some random guy does in Liberal Connecticut, or Liberal California, or even Liberal New York, is an idea that is completely bogus and unfair. This is akin the the fact that some "Sikhs", (Black Cats) were killing their own people, (Hindus), just to make real Sikhs look bad, in the same way George Soros helped Liberals pretend to be Trump supporters to make them look bad. (If people have a bad memory of my topics against Trump, that's on you).

6 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Daas has probably been the most vocal on the Anti-Trump spectrum, read this topic and you'll know: http://sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/78939-sikh-americans-fight-for-civil-rights-in-donald-trump’s-america/ but making unfair comparisons that somehow Trump is responsible for what some random guy does in Liberal Connecticut, or Liberal California, or even Liberal New York, is an idea that is completely bogus and unfair. This is akin the the fact that some "Sikhs", (Black Cats) were killing their own people, (Hindus), just to make real Sikhs look bad, in the same way George Soros helped Liberals pretend to be Trump supporters to make them look bad. (If people have a bad memory of my topics against Trump, that's on you).

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Bro we are not denying the attack and how bad it is , but being shallow and trying to pin it on change of regime makes light of previous attacks and the need to being aware all the time and accepting that there will always be attacks like this no matter whose backside is warming the seat in the Oval Office. You have to be aware of what's going on around you and develop street smarts, the world is not going to have your back most of the time

I on the other hand was hoping Trump would win. But my entire point is that it is very possible that this really was another <banned word filter activated> genuine Trump supporter. We all know both Clinton and Trump have their fair share of ignorant supporters.