The Christian menace to Sikhi in Canada

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

On 1/13/2020 at 12:29 AM, Harditsingh said:

I think u guys r over exaggerating the wrong in the community here we are now into the second generation

Okay, so we are acutely aware of the wrongs now. What do you feel are the rights, or what the Canadian brothers and sisters have done very well there? 

Plus I'm pretty sure it's well over 2 generations out there. 

17 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yh  the royal women are ugly    kate middleton looks like a shrivelled up old lady. 

That's a bit strong! 

But, we all know how female attractiveness plays a big part in society (especially western ones), I really do wonder how having a beautiful, obviously independent minded, self-made, mixed-race women suddenly thrown in the mix must rattle the conservatives in the upper echelons of English society including the royal family itself?

And I'm REALLY shocked at the over reaction to the matter of Meghan and Harry wanting to do their own thing outside of the (I imagine) very stuffy and restrictive confines of the aristocracy? When I'd heard Harry was into Buddhism and meditation I thought he might do this one day. You know, say sod it to all the drama and try and strike out on his own.

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's 1st and 2nd generation for the Toronto Sikhs. It's 4th and 5th generation for the Vancouver - Abbotsford BC west coast Sikhs. There is no "out there". They're totally different cities in totally different provinces in totally different time-zones with totally different people with different histories in places with totally different vibes. There is no generic "out there"

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

That's a bit strong! 

But, we all know how female attractiveness plays a big part in society (especially western ones), I really do wonder how having a beautiful, obviously independent minded, self-made, mixed-race women suddenly thrown in the mix must rattle the conservatives in the upper echelons of English society including the royal family itself?

And I'm REALLY shocked at the over reaction to the matter of Meghan and Harry wanting to do their own thing outside of the (I imagine) very stuffy and restrictive confines of the aristocracy? When I'd heard Harry was into Buddhism and meditation I thought he might do this one day. You know, say sod it to all the drama and try and strike out on his own.

I don't find white women that attractive I find that most western women to be shallow I am more attarcted to women who help there mom's and like to cook and want a provider rather then girls who r all materialistic. Ethnicity wise I'd have to say the most beautiful women I've known have Been middle eastern Ethiopian and Punjabi I've just never been attracted to white women

9 hours ago, luckysingh99 said:

That probably applies to Alberta or Ontario, but BC is completely different. The way apnay are, varies depending on generations. The  older generations faced a lot of ish with ku klux klan which many people aren't aware of.

Yes BC is very different from the rest of Canada there are so many punjabis everywhere it's like the other cities but instead of Muslims/blacks everywhere it's our ppl. But the thing is unlike the other cities the apneh don't live in rough areas but instead million dollar neighborhoods and they still resort to crime. I don't know much about Alberta but I've heard there's decent sikh population but the praries are dominated by Muslims mostly and Chinese . In Ontario it's the second largest sikh population 

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Okay, so we are acutely aware of the wrongs now. What do you feel are the rights, or what the Canadian brothers and sisters have done very well there? 

The sikh community as a whole has been here for many generations but the population hasn't really been significant enough untill I'd say the mid 2000s when the children of punjabis who came in the 90s started coming of age. We are the most significant generation population wise as the ones before us didn't really have much of a community and easily became gorafied or white washed. Sikhs r active in politics law enforcement health sectors business owners and few are in show biz. Also many youth have stopped getting into drinking culture before it starts becoming a problem.

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
12 minutes ago, Harditsingh said:

I don't know much about Alberta but I've heard there's decent sikh population but the praries are dominated by Muslims mostly and Chinese . 

Edmonton's Sikh population is growing rapidly and is a good cross-selection of all areas of Punjab.   From what I observed, seems to have more of a Filipino flavour rather than Chinese. Massive Somali population though, especially Edmonton but I'd imagine it's the same story in Calgary.  Established white population is also a bit different to other Canadian province in that they mostly seem to be descended from German / Ukranian settlers.  Also, the praries are where Somali drug dealers from Toronto come to - to get rich and get shot dead - selling to the lone male oil workers away from their families in places like Fort McMurray.

I should disclose at this point that although my family's connections are in BC we do have business interests in Edmonton. It's a city at the whims of oil and could go bust as easily as it booms but, all things considered, right now, it feels like the last great North American frontier city growing at a rapid pace and ripe for riches to be made. As Vancouver is saturated with desi construction workers a hellava lot of them are relocating to the praries. There's good honest money to be made there.

It's funny because although I've been to Edmonton more than a dozen times and Calgary is only a couple of hours drive away I've never actually been to Calgary. From what people tell me the only difference is in the design of the houses in that all the homes in Calgary will have really decent sun decks because, for an hour every late evening, even in the dead of winter when it's normally -20 degrees, a strange phenonema occurs in that the hot burning sun comes up for an hour - thanks to the chinook winds. Anyone that's lived in Edmonton in the winter must dream of that as heavenly.

1 hour ago, KSVIRK said:

In america and UK People are trying to convert Sikhs. However few people do Sikhi parchar in the USA. Even in Punjab Mazhabi Sikhs are getting converted because they are treated like scat. No kidding we must do loving parchar but if these Christians are taking the Sangat away,we have to take action. Because actions speak louder than Words.

I agree, thing is, our lot often seem to get stuck in the rut of tribal/caste identities or notions of biraderi, rather than panthic notions of unity that cut across these things. So they waste all their energy in trying to outdo each other along these superficial lines.

When we've created fissures like this ourselves - and let's be frank, this is down to promoting certain backwards Panjabi cultural caste notions over the very opposite that Sikhi clearly espouses - is it any wonder that we get people fishing in troubled water so to speak. 

What will it take to get people away from this crappy way of thinking?