The Christian menace to Sikhi in Canada

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

15 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

So you are not from Punjab and never been to Punjab then.

So you struggle with basic reading comprehension?

Well I was born there, have lots of family connections there and I've probably worked with more desis than most of you put together. So I know full well what mentalities we are dealing with. 

18 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I very much doubt you were born there.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

So how long have been in the UK and how many times have you been back to Punjab?

Been here a long time. I'm a descendant of an early immigrant here (my baba), went back in the early 2000s last. Got the land disputes going on now, so I haven't been back for a while (for good reason). Planning a trip to visit the Gurdwaras soon though (with Waheguru's kirpa). And I think you're deflecting from the points I made in my last post btw. Engage with the discussion Ranjeet, not throwing out tangents.  

What paranoid thinking has got you imagining I'm lying about my birthplace is anyone's guess. 

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Been here a long time. I'm a descendant of an early immigrant here (my baba), went back in the early 2000s last. Got the land disputes going on now, so I haven't been back for a while (for good reason). Planning a trip to visit the Gurdwaras soon though (with Waheguru's kirpa). And I think you're deflecting from the points I made in my last post btw. Engage with the discussion Ranjeet, not throwing out tangents.  

What paranoid thinking has got you imagining I'm lying about my birthplace is anyone's guess. 

What do you think myself, Jagsaw, Puzzled and various others have been doing.

You just regurgitate points made by others and then try to pass them as your own.

You have mental problems and you seriously need counselling. 

Just now, Ranjeet01 said:

You just regurgitate points made by others and then try to pass them as your own.

You have mental problems and you seriously need counselling. 

You have a rigidly inflexible mind when it comes to your caste, and that problem is not an uncommon one. Jumping on what you have to avoid discussion says it all. 

And you have serious problems with accepting facts when presented to you. Previously you prattled on about me being a 'duggu', despite repeatedly being told I have no family connections to Africa, then now you're doubting my statement about my birthplace. That seems mental to me. 

Don't try and shoot the messenger if they've highlighted a pressing issue regarding casteism and its negative effects on our panth. This is nothing new, and some people could predict what is happening today decades ago. But like you are doing yourself even now, people dismissed it. Now that we've got here, people like yourself still want to live in denial. How much worse do you want things to get before you acknowledge that serious mindset changes need to be made? Do you want it to go to a critical point of no return? 

I think often some of you have been trying to excuse or defend in the indefensible. Some more than others. 

My fellow Juts are boorish, loud mouthed and quite domineering. We can be quite arrogant. 

But we are also proud and we take risks and get things done. We are also quite generous and quite open.

Most juts will admit their shortcomings. 

But if you think you can keep insulting people of my background then I will fight back.

You are very jealous of Juts and you are a very insecure person.

What you don't like is hearing an answer you don't like to hear because it does not fit with your narrative. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What you don't like is hearing an answer you don't like to hear because it does not fit with your narrative. 

Pot calling the kettle black.........

There is much more at stake than caste pride here, as the OP clearly shows. We continue like this as a panth, we are going to create even more serious problems - it's as simple as that. It's on your heads. You talk like yours is the only Panjabi community that takes risks and can stand up on their own two feet - which is false.

Don't perpetuate or excuse away serious issues. No one is jealous here, I couldn't and wouldn't want to be like you describe above. At this stage of life, I'm grasping that the destructive behaviour isn't done purposefully (like I may have thought in the past)- but it is still negatively affecting the panth for all to see. It needs to change, not be tolerated or excused away, like people like yourself do.

The behaviour you describe above (and it's often a lot worse than that), led to the alienation of Mazhbhi Sikhs. This led them to either try and form their own religious community outside of Sikhi or to join another one that didn't discriminate as much. After some time, the number of converts grew. As that convert community grew, so did the opportunity for other nonMazhbhi Sikhs to join the ranks, with status too (as preachers/padres) - this is what we are seeing. The nucleus of this community started as a direct result of appalling treatment and an internal antipathy between subgroups of rural Sikhs  - target and resolve that, and we starve the others of potential recruits. Fail to do that, and we provide them with more, simultaneously decreasing our own numbers - which in a democracy has serious implications. Don't think people can't see what is happening in front of our own eyes. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Pot calling the kettle black.........

There is much more at stake than caste pride here, as the OP clearly shows. We continue like this as a panth, we are going to create even more serious problems - it's as simple as that. It's on your heads. You talk like yours is the only Panjabi community that takes risks and can stand up on their own two feet - which is false.

Don't perpetuate or excuse away serious issues. No one is jealous here, I couldn't and wouldn't want to be like you describe above. At this stage of life, I'm grasping that the destructive behaviour isn't done purposefully (like I may have thought in the past)- but it is still negatively affecting the panth for all to see. It needs to change, not be tolerated or excused away, like people like yourself do.

The behaviour you describe above (and it's often a lot worse than that), led to the alienation of Mazhbhi Sikhs. This led them to either try and form their own religious community outside of Sikhi or to join another one that didn't discriminate as much. After some time, the number of converts grew. As that convert community grew, so did the opportunity for other nonMazhbhi Sikhs to join the ranks, with status too (as preachers/padres) - this is what we are seeing. The nucleus of this community started as a direct result of appalling treatment and an internal antipathy between subgroups of rural Sikhs  - target and resolve that, and we starve the others of potential recruits. Fail to do that, and we provide them with more, simultaneously decreasing our own numbers - which in a democracy has serious implications. Don't think people can't see what is happening in front of our own eyes. 

If all the castes are going to Christianity then caste is not the problem.

Like all the posters have mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If all the castes are going to Christianity then caste is not the problem.

Like all the posters have mentioned. 

I just explained how the nucleus of the new community formed as a reaction to appalling behaviour within, that this has now snowballed into a wider problem was inevitable. It's just yet another example of a problem that was highlighted a long time ago being ignored or downplayed only to come back even worse. 

You're in straight denial. Thankfully I've not heard of anyone in my family converting yet.