The Christian menace to Sikhi in Canada

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

42 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I just explained how the nucleus of the new community formed as a reaction to appalling behaviour within, that this has now snowballed into a wider problem was inevitable. It's just yet another example of a problem that was highlighted a long time ago being ignored or downplayed only to come back even worse. 

You're in straight denial. Thankfully I've not heard of anyone in my family converting yet. 

No.

Your theories come out straight out of the marxist playbook. 

Some of those lower castes are doing far better than those higher castes.

They are far less "oppressed" than you imagine. 

There are far more dynamics at play than you realise.

If you have been to Punjab and actually understand what the ground realities were instead of just reading some books you would grasp this.

There are nuances that you haven't picked up on.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:31 PM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

It's 1st and 2nd generation for the Toronto Sikhs. It's 4th and 5th generation for the Vancouver - Abbotsford BC west coast Sikhs. There is no "out there". They're totally different cities in totally different provinces in totally different time-zones with totally different people with different histories in places with totally different vibes. There is no generic "out there"

He has never been to Canada.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:00 PM, puzzled said:

If gurdware granthis started saying they will take evil spirits out and perform exorisms and free people from black magic spells  then gurdware would have lines of people waiting outside. 

The pastor in the poster with Deol looks like a South Indian.

There is a huge evangelical push in South India and what you speak of with exorcisms comes straight out of the evangelical playbook. 

Who does evangelicals? The US Bible Belts.

It seems that there is money pumped from the Evangelicals from the US and they are using South Indian pastors to go to Punjab and recruit and convert local people to become pastors who will the convey the Gospel to the locals.

13 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The pastor in the poster with Deol looks like a South Indian.

There is a huge evangelical push in South India and what you speak of with exorcisms comes straight out of the evangelical playbook. 

Who does evangelicals? The US Bible Belts.

It seems that there is money pumped from the Evangelicals from the US and they are using South Indian pastors to go to Punjab and recruit and convert local people to become pastors who will the convey the Gospel to the locals.

yh especially those southern areas in the US    they do those crazy exorcisms lmao   women screaming and rolling on the floor with pastors holding the cross at them and screaming back   haha!

these pastors in punjab do the exact same thing, they do exorcisms on stage with massive gatherings watching,  that attracts massive crowds as everyone in india believe in black magic and think they are possessed.  

thats why all these self made babas and deras are so popular as well    they do exorcisms and get rid of black magic.  

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

lots of punjabis in the west become christians too. the channel glory tv is full of christian converts that once were sikhs,  hindus and muslims too. the big fat woman pammi the presenter was a sikh before

Must be the oppressive caste system in the West that has oppressed them, lol.

You ever noticed that with Jehovah Witnesses they always use Punjabi speakers when they come to Punjabi households. 

Sometimes they come on Saturday and they are always suited and booted. One of them knocks on your door and then they have a colleague who is standing about 10 yards back.

I normally ask for a copy of Watchtower straight away and they give a copy and then they leave.

13 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Must be the oppressive caste system in the West that has oppressed them, lol.

lol  thats funny 

14 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You ever noticed that with Jehovah Witnesses they always use Punjabi speakers when they come to Punjabi households. 

yh  in brown areas they always have a brown person with them  mostly south indian looking. i think its to show us that brown people can be christians too lol.  around here its mostly old black ladies that go around knocking on people doors. 

back in school we had two punjab guys in my year  both their families had converted to Christianity.  ones surname was kalsi and one was dutt. 

i know a gujarati girl who belonged to a gujarati carpenter caste and she was dating a gujarati guy from the same caste but he had converted to Christianity, she told me that it wasnt a problem for her or her family  because he was still gujarati!  she called him a hindu christian!    think it works differently for different ethnicity

goan christians are ok i think   they mainly catholics but its the evangicals that are the one sthat are trying to convert everyone. 

indian society is very very complex, one of the most complex societies in the world,  very thin line between, culture, religion, tradition, belief, politics, superstitions.   its very complex.   every invader has been confused by indian society, none of them had ever seen anything like it.    its difficult to "dissect" it, probably impossible    if that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

No.

Your theories come out straight out of the marxist playbook. 

Some of those lower castes are doing far better than those higher castes.

They are far less "oppressed" than you imagine. 

There are far more dynamics at play than you realise.

If you have been to Punjab and actually understand what the ground realities were instead of just reading some books you would grasp this.

There are nuances that you haven't picked up on.

And you've just jumped on the stereotype of what Juts are like and ran with that, like it is some solid fact that all of them must behave like you describe because it is some innate characteristic, but plenty don't and are embarrassed by it. The number of the latter type needs to increase, and the other type need to decrease. 

You want to talk about 'dominating' which is akin to controlling the environment and not shoulder any responsibility for when this goes wrong and has severe negative consequences for all of the panth.

Cop out.  

watch this.   this is what most punjabi churches are like

punjabi taape and giddha for jesus

you can see why these churches attract massive crowds!  they offer entertainment, exorcisms, giddha and boliyan etc    people love this stuff there.    deras offer the same package as well   

you can see how the church has shaped itself to attract punjabi crowds, it gives them Christianity but dont take away the punjabism,  they incorporate it