no connection

Guest Gut

• 2 weeks later...

Ithihaas or history is what builds that connection. It strengths our connection to our history, our gurus and our ancestors. 

Another thing that helps with connection is sangat. It cleans the mind, realigns your purpose. 

To feel that connection, you have to make an effort. Sincere, hard effort. And society has trained us the opposite, that is one reason the millennial generation is the most depressed and sad, because we believe in instant gratification. Nobody is willing to put in effort to get happiness, we just think we deserve it and feel bad when we dont have it. And noone puts effort into marriage, working out, or anything longterm. Just keep complaining and feeling worse.

Anything worthwhile will cost you time and effort at the very least, it may also require pain, money, travel. So to build a connection to sikhi, please put in time and effort into listening to sooraj parkash katha or ithihaasic katha or any katha. Sukha singh uk does katha of sooraj parkash IN ENGLISH!!! So no excuses. Its on soundcloud.

Also attend sangat. I would recommend evening divaans instead of sunday divaans. Theres a paaras kala in sangat, it gets rid of the restlessness and anxiety that plagues all of us when we are away from gurus sharan. 

Now the month of poh is starting. This is a month filled with shaheedis.and sikhs retell and relive those times. So there will be lots of programs at gurudwaras attend them. You need to have two pointed effort: self study( listening to katha online), and attending gurudwara

I have a question for u: HOW CAN ANYONE have a connection with something they know NOTHING about? 

so first put in the effort, learn about sikhi, and ur connection will get stronger everyday. You can also check out sikhtoinspire, basicsofsikhi on youtube. But the best thing is ithihaas, history. So sukha singh uk. Listen to chamkaur saka as now is the actual time of it. Also if u can read panjabi, read Sat Aukhyian Ratan by bhai vir singh. Its online google it

Someone sent me this:

Symptoms of Spiritual Sickness From discussion forum

Here are some symptoms that your spiritual Jeevan is in trouble:

Slipping amrit vela and even attempts to wake up are not successful. Waking up consistently after amrit vela is the eventual conclusion of this trend.

Increased time on internet and in front of TV

Less paath and missing banis; no desire to do paath

Dropping "small" rehits like doing keshi ishnaan, doing kangha twice a day etc

Less concentration and ability to do paath and simran

Less desire to go to gurdwara and stay in sangat

Increased vikaar especially anger and kaam

Rationalizing faults and mistakes in rehit as "acceptable" and "understandable" or "I'll fix it later..."

*Root Causes:*

Serious mistake in personal rehit

Ego and pride

Looking down and belitting other Gursikhs

*Cure:*

Ardaas to Guru Sahib for forgiveness

Speaking to other Gursikhs about problems

Peshi before punj pyarai for serious mistakes in rehit

Going to sangat even if there is no desire. Forcing yourself to fo no matter what.

*Note*: It's best to recognize the sickness early and combat it. Otherwise, things keep getting worse till you're in real trouble and recovery is a big uphill battle. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YourServant
On 06/12/2016 at 8:30 PM, Guest Gut said:

I have lost connections to Sikhi, I feel nothing towards it. 

VaheguruJiKaKhalsa VaheguruJiKiFateh 

its understandable that these kinds of feelings may present themselves from time to time, especially if we have external circumstances blocking of signal to the Guru and his path, say our choice of sangat or watching those that call themselves sikh behave in a contrary manner.  I mention these 2 things because these were the 2 that made me lose my connection for some time.  I replaced the Sikhi with behaviours that most others indulge in, clubbin, drinking, smoking etc etc, but by the grace of the Guru, I was able to regain a connection, just by "plugging back in to" - naam & sangat of those that contemplate and practice naam ie the actions that come from being a naam centred individual.

ive been in your shoes, so let me know if I can be of any further help to you in this challenging time.

VaheguruJiKaKhalsa VaheguruJiKiFateh 

On 6/12/2016 at 8:30 PM, Guest Gut said:

I have lost connections to Sikhi, I feel nothing towards it. 

If you have lost connection with sikhee, then, do as some posters have advised here on another thread titled "education", as education is essential for sikhee ...:ehhh:

Just joking, sorry jee O:).

Let us see, what is sikhee?

Sikhee or sikhya, in essence is also education, but not of the world, but of ruhaniyat/spirituality. The worldy education is limited  to the gross, and of a lower consciousness, while sikhee is of the trascendental higher unlimited consciousness.

From worlldy people we get knowledge or information/education of the gross material world, which is indeed very much necessary as long as we are here, be it in any spheres: art, academic, music, war, weapons, sports, etc ...absolutely everything.

On the other hand, Sikhee is not about customs, or rituals, Sikhee is about the relation and reunification of the sikh soul, with the Shabad Giuru or Wahiguru Akal Purukh, that is it, nothing more nothing less.  Worldly education gives us knowlege of the limited and keeps us in the wheel of 84, Sikhee´s education gives us the knowledge of the Infinite, not only that, but reunites us with Him.

In worldy education, one may fail, as all do not have that mental capacity nor capability, but with Sikhee, there are no failures, each and everybody can merge in Him.

That is why the Bani says:  Bhaee parapat manukh deh hooreeya, Gobind milan kee ehe teree bareeya. 

Those who are weak in faith, say, not are all destined to become one with Him.

If that was so, Guru Jee would have never ever given us human birth, nor have said that this human birth was given as an opportunity to realize Him, He would have said, only few could do so.

We humans impose limitations on ourselves, and then blame Him, when the fact is, He has kept all our potentials open for us, other thing is, we are not aware of it, or are very much entangled in the mayavee creation and waste our lives after shadows...

Ekas bin sabh dandh hae.....

He is the only permanent reality.

What is a span of several hundreds, thousands or millions of years, in comparison with eternity?

Nothing. 

I, me he, she, we, they, here, there... is all temporary, is fanah, is koor . But inspite of all that, we have to be wise, for while being in the temporary state, we have to catch hold of that premanent Truth, which otherwise can never happen.

The Bani clearly says: Jin har japeeya, se Har hoeeya; but brothers, so if we do not do the prescribed method given to us as Gurparsad from Guru Jee, it is totally our fault.

When you  say, you have lost connection with Sikhee, that is not you as soul, but your manmukhee limited mind, who is confusing you.

The soul is of the same essence  of Akal Purukh, it can never ever severe its ties from Him, just as a Sun ray, at the end of the day, it returns back to its source the Sun, though it has covered millions of miles to reach here on the earth, but in reality it has never lost its connections with the Sun, it conserves all its faculties intact, that as the Sun, as per heat and  light.

In your case that you think you have lost connection, then as per Gurbani, the problem is in the mind, it is the mind which needs to be cleansed throughly, for that purpose the Bani tells us: Prabh ka Simran, man kee mael jaae.

If a diamond falls in the gutter, its value does not diminish, it just needs a throughly cleanining, that is what we most need all, His bhakti.

Do not loose hope, He is there, just take hold of Him, through His Bhakti.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.