Sikh interracial marriages

Big_Tera

12 hours ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

One of my distant relative married a Pakistani muslim girl. He's keshdhari and goes to gurudwara daily. They both are dentists and met each other in a dental college in Canada. They have 2 sons, both being raised as Sikhs(keshdhari).

I personally never heard of a sikh man converting, most sikh men(including me) that I know will rather choose death than converting or bringing any shame to dastaar. However, vice versa is not true. I have seen countless sikh girls marrying non sikhs(mostly hindu) and not even one of them raised her kids as sardars. Even worse, most sikh girls started following hindu rituals, karwachauth, wear a giant useless mangalsutra etc.Thats some strange dynamics!

My mums friend  a young bengali woman in her 20s was a muslim but she married a mona sikh guy from india and converted to sikhi    my mum went to the anand karaj   they got a kid now and and gave it a sikh name and they gnna send it to khalsa school. 

Her dad dont talk to her though   but her mum still does. 

44 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

One of my distant relative married a Pakistani muslim girl. He's keshdhari and goes to gurudwara daily. They both are dentists and met each other in a dental college in Canada. They have 2 sons, both being raised as Sikhs(keshdhari).

I personally never heard of a sikh man converting, most sikh men(including me) that I know will rather choose death than converting or bringing any shame to dastaar. However, vice versa is not true. I have seen countless sikh girls marrying non sikhs(mostly hindu) and not even one of them raised her kids as sardars. Even worse, most sikh girls started following hindu rituals, karwachauth, wear a giant useless mangalsutra etc.Thats some strange dynamics!

The metro urban city Sikh is quite effeminate (in my opinion). The rural Sikh is far more masculine.

They seem to lack some level of masculine dominance which is probably why these urban Sikh girls are going for Hindu boys.

54 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I'm sure there were.  But according to historical records of the time M.Ranjit singhs muslim wife moran became a very religious devout Muslim soon after she married him!  She opened Arabic and persian schools in lahore. She also got M.Ranjit singh to open a mosque for Muslim prostitutes in lahore . She then dedicated her days to preaching islam in lahore. 

There was one case where she managed to convert a young hindu guy from lahore into islam, this caused riots in the city and eventually M.Ranjit singh had to get involved. Not sure what happened with the boy though.

After this incident she led a more private life out of public eye.

Not much is know about her after this. 

She was his favourite wife. 

Theres the case of "shaheed" boota singh. Who retured to his pind after the war and soon after the riots of 47 started and he saved a muslim girl and married her, she converted to sikhi. But after the riots all the girls left on the wrong side of the border had to return and his wife was forced to move to pakistan despite having a kid with him. He then moved to pakistan and converted to islam in the hope he would get her back but by that time she is married of to another man. He then committed suicide and his islamic grave is in pakistan now. His kid/daughter remained a muslim.   The movie gadar was based on this. 

There does seem to be a kind of fantasy amongst some of the older Sikhs (particularly around the partition) to get off with a muslim woman.

Khushwant Singh (the writer) was very much of this particular ilk.

32 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

There does seem to be a kind of fantasy amongst some of the older Sikhs (particularly around the partition) to get off with a muslim woman.

Khushwant Singh (the writer) was very much of this particular ilk.

See I thought i was the only one thinking that lol. 

But yh there does seem to be this odd muslim woman fantasy among sikh men of previous generations. 

Even during partition I think the number of muslim women kidnapped in east punjab was over 10,000. Though back in those days there were some proper feudal type pubjabi hindus in the pinds mainly the ones that did kethi  who probably did some killing and kidnapping during partition, most of it was actually done by sikhs despite being a tiny minority. 

Iv heard apparently it was quite a thing back in the days for them to have muslim women relationships.

In Sau sakhi it states that if a sikh man sleeps with a muslim woman then he becomes a muslim. I found this strange and my only guess is that it was to stop sikh men from keep on doing these things. 

Khuswants singhs novel train to pakistan the main character is a sikh man who is in a relationship with a Muslim woman. Then there is cm amrinder singh with his aroosa alam woman.  The famous dakku malangi was born into a muslim family but his  mother ran away with a sikh man when he was a boy and she took him with her. He then grew up to be a dakku and killed all his biological fathers brothers and nephews. 

Muslim women, when given the opportunity, love fiercely, and like their male counterparts, have a certain seductive way with words.  That, for any normal man, is an attractive quality.  The dull (perhaps) obtuseness of Sikh women is quite off-putting for some, but on the other hand it's this block-headedness that is a virtue in times when hostile outside forces seek to target those women for nefarious purposes.

28 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Muslim women, when given the opportunity, love fiercely, and like their male counterparts, have a certain seductive way with words.  That, for any normal man, is an attractive quality.  The dull (perhaps) obtuseness of Sikh women is quite off-putting for some, but on the other hand it's this block-headedness that is a virtue in times when hostile outside forces seek to target those women for nefarious purposes.

There is a left leaning communist loving Sikh on this forum who loves the sexy Muslim woman.

He probably goes all googley for "Ayesha" or "Shanaz" or "Rukshana" especially when they spout all those sexy persian words ???

Strange how elder white bearded saabat surat Sikhs like to paint current generation of Sikhs as decadent when infact this decadent <banned word filter activated> has been going on for so long . 

I sometimes wonder what our true history is. Were we so noble as we learn in our history or were puratan Singhs just as much subject to triviality of human mind as we are. 

Think about it, if a sikh man is willing to convert to Islam (or hinduism) for a woman of that faith, what's the chance he will refuse to convert to Islam when forced to do so lest he be tortured to death. 

Also we dare not confess Ranjit Singh had his own weaknesses, both personal and strategic. 

Some cultures are more romanticized and have an air of "mystry"  this has an effect on people of that culture. Its  normally the cultures that are less sexualized or more suppressed that are like this. But it dnt mean they really are like that. 

Punjabi culture is  more sexualized and less "held back"  e.g punjabi reception parties etc. so its less mysterious and not romantic.

I havnt spoken to many punjabi women but i do find them bland and boring   but they probably thought the same of me. White women I find most of them bland and boring aswell   though some have been really fun and entertaining to talk to.

Black women and paki women have been the most entertaining to talk to. 

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

I like ranjit singh tho   hes one my fav people from sikh ithiaas    interesting man lol 

No doubt a great person of Sikh community. He built many historical gurudwaras. Which shows his faith in gursikhi.