Sikh interracial marriages

Big_Tera

30 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

No doubt a great person of Sikh community. He built many historical gurudwaras. Which shows his faith in gursikhi. 

Definitely, whenever someone used to gift him something that he felt he was not worthy of he would go harmandir sahib and place it in front of guru maharaj. For example he had a serha made for his grandson nauhihal singh for his wedding, it was made out of emeralds, gold and diamonds but when he received the finished product he didnt give it to his grandson but placed it b4 maharaj instead. 

11 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The metro urban city Sikh is quite effeminate (in my opinion). The rural Sikh is far more masculine.

They seem to lack some level of masculine dominance which is probably why these urban Sikh girls are going for Hindu boys.

I disagree. This has nothing to do with masculinity. Many sikh guys in metro cities like delhi hit the gym earlier than hindu boys. There is a couple called PR couple on Tiktok and Youtube(P = Prabhjot singh, R = Rashika sachdeva). If you watch his videos, most young delhi sikhs look like him and he is dating a very beautiful hindu model. Its a myth that sikh guys are less masculine, thanks to typical indian media.

The real problem is sikh parents. Sikh parents make it compulsory for their sons to keep kesh while daughters can do waxing, trimming eye brows, kesh katal etc. This double standards of metro city sikh parents is the root cause. Also, they teach nothing to their daughters. An average delhi sardarni has no idea about Guru Gobind singh ji's 52 hukumnamas that prohibit interfaith marriage of sikh women. 

Bcoz of lack of knowledge, failure of sikh parents and Bollywood brainwashing, delhi sikh women are coconut bimbos and don't mind marrying a hindu or converting to hinduism. I don't even remember when was the last time I had a healthy debate with a delhi sardarni on sikhi.

The only solution at our disposal is awareness and not repeating the mistakes what most  punjabi parents are doing!

38 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

I disagree. This has nothing to do with masculinity. Many sikh guys in metro cities like delhi hit the gym earlier than hindu boys. There is a couple called PR couple on Tiktok and Youtube(P = Prabhjot singh, R = Rashika sachdeva). If you watch his videos, most young delhi sikhs look like him and he is dating a very beautiful hindu model. Its a myth that sikh guys are less masculine, thanks to typical indian media.

The real problem is sikh parents. Sikh parents make it compulsory for their sons to keep kesh while daughters can do waxing, trimming eye brows, kesh katal etc. This double standards of metro city sikh parents is the root cause. Also, they teach nothing to their daughters. An average delhi sardarni has no idea about Guru Gobind singh ji's 52 hukumnamas that prohibit interfaith marriage of sikh women. 

Bcoz of lack of knowledge, failure of sikh parents and Bollywood brainwashing, delhi sikh women are coconut bimbos and don't mind marrying a hindu or converting to hinduism. I don't even remember when was the last time I had a healthy debate with a delhi sardarni on sikhi.

The only solution at our disposal is awareness and not repeating the mistakes what most  punjabi parents are doing!

There is more to masculinity than hitting the gym and working out (though it does help)

You can have all the muscles in the world, but if your body language, posture, confidence and your aura come off contradictory to the muscles and getting in shape, girls will pick up on it.

Girls are the masters of sub-communication.

There a lot of Sikh men with kesh that have no problem getting women. 

You cannot be a sheep in wolf's clothing, you got to be wolf in wolf's clothing

A CROSS-CULTURAL couple who tied the knot after just two months of meeting share their experiences of overcoming judgement and prejudice. Kelly Keyser, 34, and Harjot Arora, 31, met on the dating app ‘Plenty of Fish’, when he wowed her with his best pick-up line. But their love story was not met with enthusiasm from family members from both sides, with some of their closest relatives refusing to attend the wedding.

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

A CROSS-CULTURAL couple who tied the knot after just two months of meeting share their experiences of overcoming judgement and prejudice. Kelly Keyser, 34, and Harjot Arora, 31, met on the dating app ‘Plenty of Fish’, when he wowed her with his best pick-up line. But their love story was not met with enthusiasm from family members from both sides, with some of their closest relatives refusing to attend the wedding.

I don't think there is more reasons that Harjot's parents may disapprove other than the fact that she is white and the usual cultural factors.

First red flag is all those tattoos on her.

Second red flag is the her boyish haircut.

Third red flag is that she is three years older than him.

16 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Their fathers are weak.

A lot of bad things are said about patriarchy but having a strong father is very important to a woman.

It's difficult to define strength and weakness when it comes to the father and the masculine presence in the house. 

You could have a father who keeps his children on a short leash and disciplined, but then he could simultaneously be totally oblivious to the unspoken control that his wife exerts in the household, and how that affects much of his decision-making. In that instance, is he strong? Is he weak? 

28 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's difficult to define strength and weakness when it comes to the father and the masculine presence in the house. 

You could have a father who keeps his children on a short leash and disciplined, but then he could simultaneously be totally oblivious to the unspoken control that his wife exerts in the household, and how that affects much of his decision-making. In that instance, is he strong? Is he weak? 

That is true.

There is overt authority and covert authority. 

Ultimately all responsibility falls on the father.

The husband needs to have frame and have the wife's buy in.

I think as men, we are always the last to know about things happening in the family and usually the wife hides a lot of things from her husband.