I want to take Amrit but my parents don't let me

Guest Gupt/anonymous

Guest Vijeta Achhra
On 12/18/2016 at 1:14 AM, Guest Gupt/anonymous said:

Wjkk wjkf, 

i am 12 yrs old and I want to take Amrit but my parents won't let me. 

1. They say u r too young. 

2. You might cut your hair when u grow up. 

3. People don't hire amritdharis. 

4. When will u get if u take Amrit. 

5. You don't need to take Amrit to be a true Sikh. (I know this but I said u r not a complete Sikh)

6. God doesn't give anything to amritdharis 

These r some of the issues I am facing please help 

very depressed>:(

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh??Only Guru sahib can bless us with Amrit Di Daat , I'm also in a same situation like uh , bt den do not ever think that becoz of some other person ur not able to walk on path of sikhi . The only point is dat ki hune Guru sahib ji di Permission nhi haigii...putraan Gurusikh use to beg for the amrit ,so they had an idea of how amrit is the daat . Keep doing efforts veer ji eek din Guru shaib ji tuth ke daat baksh  denge.. Try to follow rehat , to do nitnem ,Nd always have faith on Guru shaib Nd be patience  he will surely bless uh with it .[[.Jin prem kiyo tin hi prabh payo]]...    (( Karan kaaran smarth prabh Jo karay so hoye ))) The cause of causes, the almighty Lord God , whatever he wills, comes to pass!!

Guest 2serious 2525

From my experience everyone is like this. Its only rare that your parents will encourage you. You dont need permission just go do it. They are not going to kick you out for taking Amrit in fact later that day they probably will be happy. If they do kick you out just tell any good Singh what happened he would be happy to take care of you.

Bhul Chuk Maaf | Sat Shri Akal

• 5 months later...
Guest sikh girl
On 12/17/2016 at 12:44 PM, Guest Gupt/anonymous said:

Wjkk wjkf, 

i am 12 yrs old and I want to take Amrit but my parents won't let me. 

1. They say u r too young. 

2. You might cut your hair when u grow up. 

3. People don't hire amritdharis. 

4. When will u get if u take Amrit. 

5. You don't need to take Amrit to be a true Sikh. (I know this but I said u r not a complete Sikh)

6. God doesn't give anything to amritdharis 

These r some of the issues I am facing please help 

very depressed>:(

Guest sikh girl

It’s ok I’m facing the same thing. I’m 13 and I still go to sangat and the gurdwara everyday . It’s ok because maharaj is taking you the right way. If your heart tells you that you want to take it, take it. Your parents don’t decide if you can take it, maharaj does and your heart does, because maharaj is in your heart and everywhere. He’s telling you to take it and if your parents don’t listen , then talk to maharaj in your room . They don’t decide for you. And if you feel alone then just now that maharaj with still Be with you. I’m getting Amrit next week because all my friends moms told my parents that if she wants to take it then let her... and I’m doing it but if my mom says no then I’ll still do it , the gurdwara is close to my house so yeh. Everybody is telling me it’s the right thing to do and it is. You can talk to me anytime ok, remember that. Idk if your a random person because Sikh is a important thing and I’ll help anyone for anything that involves Sikh.  

Once there was this guys and he wanted to take Amrit, but his parents would say it’s the wrong way to go cause they said study is the number one priority . It actually isn’t because when you take Amrit , god can make you be a smart person but you can still study though. But Sikh is your culture , it makes you who you really are. Once you take Amrit , god is your family. Just like god has a glowing thing at round his head, because he still powerful. once you take Amrit your also in your own bubble and no one can pop it .  I could write about this forever because Sikh is my life . God doesn’t have a gender because he is all genders. Back to the story, the guy was really depressed and he kept crying every single day but he still followed the Sikh rules. He would go around the gurdwara with his car and then park. On the front , there would be a house with people partying and eating cake with egg and smoke weed. The guys didn’t wanna go the wrong way so he went around everyday. And when you can drive a car, make sure you take at least ten people with you, do Sevadars for them, take as many people as you can. Set a goal because every one of us sikhs have a goal and, that’s is to make god proud and do everything he says to do. Don’t worry, on vashakhi go ahead and walk to the gurdwara and take it. I was depressed to but now I’m in my own little bubble and my parents are god.  Back to the story, one day the guy went to the other side of the temple and he didn’t go around , the other guys asked did you go around the gurdwara and the guys lied and said yes I did. He lied and went in the party to see what would happen and he did that everyday . The guy suggested him to get married and he didn’t but he ruined his life by still going to the party . And when he was about to die , he thanked maharaj for giving him a chance to be what he wanted to be , but he broke it. So be strong and it’s ok if people think that your a dumb person just because you don’t come to parties and stuff. Come to Kirtan and santheeya instead . Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh???

Guest Sikh girl

your parents dont decide for you the real awnser is in your heart because god is in your heart and hes everywhere. He dosnt have a gender because hes everything. If you want to take amrit then go for it! Guru ji decides for you and he will know when you ready and then you'll think about it and want to get it. Contact sikh awarness society and ask then to talk with your parents because they have helped alot of children go through this problom. Remember that if you feel alone your not the only one because i also faced this but guess what, nest week im taking amrit so just waalk to the gurdwara ask yourself, am i really worth sikh and now that you are. This  is a good way your heading. When you take amrit , you give you head to god , he is god and were his slaves , we follow everything he does but dont think it in a bad way. Once there was this guy and he wanted to take amrit but his parents ddint let him, kinda the same as your problom , and the guy was really depressed and he kept crying everyday because hos parents said no. His eyes would be so red and he would have bumps under his eyes and thats how much he really wanted to be sikh. One day he took amrit and everyday this guy would tell him go around the gurdwara but dont come to the front, because there was a house with partying in it and people were eating cake with eggs in it and where smoking weed. The next day he went to the front because you know, he wanted to know what what was there. He went and that da on her started dancing and parying and smoking weed and eating it. he went the wrong way.one day he guys asked him , did you go around the gurdwara? and the guyd that was smoking said yep and he lied everyday. And when he was about to pass he said thank you maharaj for the one chance i got.

Go ahead and take amrit on vasakhi and just go for it. Tell a sikh in the gurdwara to help you and talk it ut with your parents or jsut walk there. If you really want arit thenw alk as far as you can and that would show you really want it. If your willing to o that then that twlls me that you reslly want it so thats the best choice. There were theese popular people in the gurdwara and they were talking about which basketball player was better. I didnt know anything about it so they asked me and i said i look messi. There like tell me whos the point gaurd then and i was like " bro just forgt about it i dont even now anthing about it. Ya know i just wanted to fir in. hey went to parties and they would be like " Yo you missed out bro you really did " and i be like " bruuhhhh you missed out on kirtan, there was the siickest tunes an voices ever " , YOUU REALLY MISEED OUT. dont go to parties and go to kirtan and santheeya instead

VAHEGURU JI KA KHLASA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH