Sign in to follow this  
AryanRai

CLOSED TOPIC

Let me throw this in:

In all of the bull5hit about caste amongst our lot, how about this approach?

When you meet a next Sikh and get to know them, judge whether this person is an ar5ehole or not (this goes for both male and females), based on how they conduct themselves and live their lives. This doesn't mean we expect puritanical behaviour from them, just that overall - is this a good person or not? Is this person a liability to the quom or not? Is this a solid person or not? Don't worry about what job their ancestors have done. 

This fudhu obsession apnay have with trying to find some sort of greatness in their caste is such a waste of time when we have so many other real issues to deal with. I mean are people REALLY that insecure with being Sikhs that they have to dredge up extra crap to bolster up their self-image?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Let me throw this in:

In all of the bull5hit about caste amongst our lot, how about this approach?

When you meet a next Sikh and get to know them, judge whether this person is an ar5ehole or not (this goes for both male and females), based on how they conduct themselves and live their lives. This doesn't mean we expect puritanical behaviour from them, just that overall - is this a good person or not? Is this person a liability to teh quom or not? Is this a solid person or not? Don't worry about what job their ancestors have done. 

This fudhu obsession apnay have with trying to find some sort of greatness in their caste is such a waste of time when we have so many other real issues to deal with. I mean are people REALLY that insecure with being Sikhs that they have to dredge up extra crap to bolster up their self-image?

Some good points made there about seeing the person who they are and not their caste. When I read this topic I thought I was dreaming and thought did I actually read it.

6 hours ago, AryanRai said:

Genetically Chamars aren't a Low Caste,  like Shudra Dalits, they're Vaishyas who work with Animal Skin, personally I never considered Chamars a Low Caste, I've always thought they were a people of a respectable profession.

Leather Shoe-making is a very skilled profession in Britain and Europe, why can't it be respected in India too, just because Hindus worship cows. All the communities have something to offer-

Chamars- Cobblers

Jats/Gujjars- Farmers

Arora/Khatris- Accountants

Bhats- Tradesmen

Ramgarhias- Carpenters

Rajputs- Landlords 

Mazabhis- Cleaners

Chamars are skilled Labourers like Nai Sikhs, Tarkhans and Ramgarhias. They're said to be "Polluted" because they worked with Animal Skin, but I think they're Higher than Jats who often bully them based on Hindu sanctioning which they claim to not recognise seeing as the Hindus have given Jats the Varna status of Shudra.

The Bhatti Gotra comes from Rajput & Brahmins. Many people from other tribes joined the Chamar community, all Punjabi communities have common ancestries.

I think that the Communal Hierachy in Punjabi culture is as follows-

Khatris/Aroras

Rajputs

Bhatias

Mohyals

Chimbas

Kambojas

....and in the middle the Jats, Ramgarhias, Tarkhans, Chamars, Lubanas, Bhats, Sainis, Kalals, Chirs, Mahtons quarrel amongst each other. Although originating from the same stock.

Chuhras lie at the bottom of the barrel.

Who cares what hierarchy one is placed. Caste does not go with one's soul, but the actions and bhagti of a person do. All this caste talk isn't doing nothing for nobody and besides people's jobs have changed so what's the point in doing a hierarchy table of whose highest or lowest. For God there is no high or low caste. 

Sikhi does not promote caste. I'm surprised this topic hasn't been locked. 

• Like 3

can u tell us wat, Khul karan di rasam & Mourvi makaan mean? An old poster on this site said these r 2 bhatra practices, but sisnt rveal wat they were, can u shed any light on this?

21 hours ago, AryanRai said:

Veerji I'm not trying to "dredge up extra crap for anything" and neither am I "insecure," I've made it clear that I have made this topic for the sole purpose of dispelling rumours and vicious lies which circulate in the wider Sikh community.

Caste isn't an issue for me at all as I can defend myself, I only don't want it to be an issue for those who can't defend themselves. I have done intensive research for my community. I think I have a right to share it.

Thank You

I hear what you are saying but I can't help but think that these types of things are an (understandable) reaction to all the incessant outpourings of a particular group who are famous for never missing an opportunity to try and posture their own caste as some sort of 'superbreed' and either playing down or disparaging contributions from other groups.

The problem is that we all start doing it then. 

• Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2

There is only one who is higher than anyone and that is Guru Sahib, if you do wish to make a hierarchy do it based on their character not caste.

When bhatras say rajput this really confuses me, arent bhatras who say they are of rajput backgrounds actually KASHYAP Rajputs which is different from Rajputs who are not related to bhatra community at all? 

There are Rajput Sikhs and they are not bhatray, more similar to Khatri so I really don't get it when bhatray say they are rajput.

Sat Sri Akal Veerji,

When Bhats speak of Rajput heritage it originates from the Indo-Aryan tribes of Rajasthan and Central India.

Punjabi Rajputs are a Scythian branch of Kshatriyas related to Jatts

Rajputs are not a united community, people in all corners of India are Rajputs. 

Bhats are a Conglomeration of Clans.

On 29 December 2016 at 5:54 PM, TuhadaDaas said:

When bhatras say rajput this really confuses me, arent bhatras who say they are of rajput backgrounds actually KASHYAP Rajputs which is different from Rajputs who are not related to bhatra community at all? 

There are Rajput Sikhs and they are not bhatray, more similar to Khatri so I really don't get it when bhatray say they are 

7 minutes ago, AryanRai said:

I agree Veerji. Casteism will eventually end in the next few generations, as our descendents learn that Caste is one of the most ridiculous concepts devised by our ancestors. 

I think that will happen in the diaspora. Panjab itself - a different story.