Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and the Akali-Dal

13Mirch

On 01/01/2017 at 9:37 PM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

if a govt wanted too it could go to each village and get a count of Sikhs killed by police. Wouldnt be much more difficult than doing a census count. 

You expect the government that ordered implemented and executed the Sikh Genocide to obtain a census of it? The same government that urges us to forget about it and move on? lol. Who are you kidding?

1 hour ago, jashb said:

You expect the government that ordered implemented and executed the Sikh Genocide to obtain a census of it? The same government that urges us to forget about it and move on? lol. Who are you kidding?

No. Perhaps interviews etc with these johre Ghar sevadaars at least? I have however seen interviews with non biased sources, and none put their numbers near 10,000-20,000. Thousand, few thousand etc yes I have heard. 

I just refuse to believe some pendu SGPC/SAD shouting about 3lakh Sikhs killed trying to stir emotions for their own use. Also, just because a human rights organization says something, doesnt make it 100% fact. There is a reason Khalra was the only Sikh taken seriously, and it's not because threw around stupid numbers. 

On 30/12/2016 at 5:43 PM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Even if you go by khalras numbers I don't think even close to 100k people were killed by Punjab police. 

How did you reach the conclusion using Khalra's numbers that not even close to 100k people were killed?

1 hour ago, jashb said:

How did you reach the conclusion using Khalra's numbers that not even close to 100k people were killed?

he has a complex about numbers being high ...how about questioning  vadda and chotte ghalughara figures too while you are at it since you don't have an official figure from the government confirming them ?

Khalra had the figures for one crematorium out of three in the dist extrapolate across the district , then other districts  and cross check against the reports of missing family members and you can easily hit 100,000 over the decade .In delhi the official figure was only 540 odd as opposed to the conservative figure of three thousand that's a miscount of over 550%

11 hours ago, jashb said:

That's just politically naive. The criminal does not simply incriminate himself.

Yet multiple officers have given great interviews, and quite unbiased. Obviously I'm not expecting gen Brar to come out and admit more than 400 died. 

11 hours ago, jashb said:

General accepted figure for police killings in Amritsar district is appox 6,000 from 84 to 95. Amritsar (included Tarn Taran back then) was the district that saw the most action, was and is a highly Sikh populated district, more so than the others. I don't believe you can simply than multiply 6000x13(or 15, # of districts), as not all districts saw the level of action that Amritsar did. Until about 89 majority of activity was along border districts, later on a few Malwa districts saw heavy action as well. 

9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

he has a complex about numbers being high ...how about questioning  vadda and chotte ghalughara figures too while you are at it since you don't have an official figure from the government confirming them ?

Khalra had the figures for one crematorium out of three in the dist extrapolate across the district , then other districts  and cross check against the reports of missing family members and you can easily hit 100,000 over the decade .In delhi the official figure was only 540 odd as opposed to the conservative figure of three thousand that's a miscount of over 550%

Is that supposed to be an insult towards me? It's a topic I'm passionate about and I want to know as many details as possible. Sorry I'm not willing to run around like an <banned word filter activated> and spout off random numbers. You have always been a very emotional poster and don't use logic much, wouldn't expect you too understand. 

"But we have not had the practice or training of keeping a complete record of that oppression. About 50,000, about 1 million – we say all of that. The educated people of the world do not trust that, they need exact figures. And for that, I also say, that you all should unite on this issue"

18 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Yet multiple officers have given great interviews, and quite unbiased. Obviously I'm not expecting gen Brar to come out and admit more than 400 died. 

General accepted figure for police killings in Amritsar district is appox 6,000 from 84 to 95. Amritsar (included Tarn Taran back then) was the district that saw the most action, was and is a highly Sikh populated district, more so than the others. I don't believe you can simply than multiply 6000x13(or 15, # of districts), as not all districts saw the level of action that Amritsar did. Until about 89 majority of activity was along border districts, later on a few Malwa districts saw heavy action as well. 

Is that supposed to be an insult towards me? It's a topic I'm passionate about and I want to know as many details as possible. Sorry I'm not willing to run around like an <banned word filter activated> and spout off random numbers. You have always been a very emotional poster and don't use logic much, wouldn't expect you too understand. 

"But we have not had the practice or training of keeping a complete record of that oppression. About 50,000, about 1 million – we say all of that. The educated people of the world do not trust that, they need exact figures. And for that, I also say, that you all should unite on this issue"

given that I know that they rounded people by the truckload , this is from my nanake in jagroan district , it was only intervention via my Mama in the army that saved them from death. I can believe that you can pick up 50 odd people at a time that way and given the huge number of villages and lack of paperwork from back then any number is possible . Operation woodrose and all the other sweeps are you forgetting them also ? Emotions are fine when tempered with knowledge ... 

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

given that I know that they rounded people by the truckload , this is from my nanake in jagroan district , it was only intervention via my Mama in the army that saved them from death. I can believe that you can pick up 50 odd people at a time that way and given the huge number of villages and lack of paperwork from back then any number is possible . Operation woodrose and all the other sweeps are you forgetting them also ? Emotions are fine when tempered with knowledge ... 

I've been too many villages myself, some states only 1-2 died from their village, others had 10+. I'm sure they did pick up by the truckload very often, but I'm not just going to multiply 50x12,000 and be satisfied. I will probably never have the answers to my questions, but I sure won't settle at some hearsay "facts." I'll spend many many more years trying, regardless if the answer is 25000 to 50000 to 100000. 

8 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

I've been too many villages myself, some states only 1-2 died from their village, others had 10+. I'm sure they did pick up by the truckload very often, but I'm not just going to multiply 50x12,000 and be satisfied. I will probably never have the answers to my questions, but I sure won't settle at some hearsay "facts." I'll spend many many more years trying, regardless if the answer is 25000 to 50000 to 100000. 

I'm not saying just grab any old number , but crossreference to actual families with missing people ... I mean three thousand dead in three days of uncontrolled violence in Dehli , and the rapid removal of those bodies left people wondering . That was three days , whereas a decade and half of unmonitored police and army activity could do so much more since they already have the structure to support this activity and the image to hide behind if questioned. 
We need to support the NGOs which are trying to interview the remaining families and witnesses to get statements recorded .

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

There are a few problems with this question please clarify.. 

I'm guessing you want death count of unnatural death? 

Please define the term 'sikh', is the death of a mona Hindu panjabi who goes gurdwara as well as mandir a Sikh? 

Anyone who was murdered by the state of India, whether Sikh or mistaken as Sikh is considered a murder at the hand of the state of India.  It becomes a genocide because of the amount and targeting a single group.  You are a troll.