Even Sikhs are brainwashed

Guest Enlightenment

On 02/01/2017 at 8:41 AM, Guest Enlightenment said:

I just read this five-year-old thread here

and I am amazed and astonished and disgusted at how mind-numbingly low religion can bring people.

This was a post by a 20-year-old Sikh girl who happened to be in a relationship with a Muslim boy. There were absolutely no problems with the relationship -- he was NOT religious, he never spoke badly of her religion, he was very liberal and gentlemanly and encouraged her with her studies and did everything a good boyfriend should do. He was the polar opposite of the stereotype that Sikhs have of Muslims. Yet the girl was so ASHAMED to be in a relationship with a Muslim that she kept the relationship a secret from her family and friends. When she came here, confused and sad and looking for advice -- she was torn to pieces by her co-religionists who called her boyfriend racial slurs like "sullah," accused her of betraying her religion and family and culture, and saying she had cheapened and insulted her entire community because that community would suffer the humiliation of a Muslim boy having one of its women, apparently.

The girl was basically bullied and verbally abused into breaking it off with the boyfriend, who had done absolutely nothing wrong once again, and was blindsided and rewarded for his kindness and open-mindedness and love with a stab in the back. She broke it off with him not because of anything he had done, but because he wasn't good enough for her tyrannical family and fellow Sikhs.

As a nonreligious man with a Muslim family background I can somewhat understand that a really indoctrinated, generalizing Sikh ignorant of history and selective with memory would only remember that Aurangzeb had some guru flayed alive and that the Mughals staged massacres of Sikhs some five centuries ago, and that Muslims allegedly do X and Y and Z to Sikhs today, while of course completely turning a blind eye to any atrocities Sikhs are accused of. Yet still, the fact that such an ironfisted hatred can coexist with an average human IQ is baffling.

Me, on the other hand -- I have NO religion. I cast mine off long ago. Why do I need a faith? What does a religious person have in their mind and spirit that I do not -- and what mistakes or sins do I commit that a religious person doesn't? I hate no one, no one is my enemy. I do not have to attach myself to a vast population that shares "my" religion and consequently have to hate whoever they hate and be against whoever they feel has wronged them. Religious books tell me (depending on the religion) not to eat bacon, mix wool with linen, cut my hair, accept blood donations, or some other gibberish -- while I have never learned anything about morality itself from a religious book that I did not already know thanks to being human. I am free to be a good person based on my own rationality and conscience, and am thus free from absurd and completely artificial expressions of religious morality. Being virtuous has nothing to do with refusing to cut your hair, wearing a turban, carrying around a dagger or praying at the gurdwara. I am shocked at how religious people can think that a decent life on earth requires so much arcane complication and symbolism and ritual. That thread was full of people who probably did all of these things, yet lacked any common sense or true morality.

There is NO such thing as prophethood or revelation -- how can anyone think that God would reveal himself to ONE person like a guru or a prophet, and then simply leave billions of other human beings to be convinced or not convinced by the prophet's preaching? All the Sikh Gurus combined, know as much as I do about God -- and that is as much as the Pope of Rome, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, or the President of the Mormon Church knows -- NOTHING. Your revelations, miracles, prayers -- are all stories in an extremely well-written book of poetry, like the Bible and the Qur'an.

The Sikhs I have met in real life seem very little like the ones in the thread. They were humble, polite, well-spoken, not dogmatic in the least, always inviting me to gurdwara for this or that although I avoid all places of worship -- but it seems religious and committed Sikhs are just as bad as really committed Muslims or really committed Hindus. We all need to GROW UP. If I tell you I'm Muslim and you tell me I'm Sikh, that's like me saying I believe in Santa Claus while you believe in the Easter Bunny. There may very well be a god -- the universe could not have come from nothing -- but religion is the most powerful fairy tale ever, in that children continue to believe and swear by it until they die of old age, despite not a shred of evidence to support one atom of any religion. I believe India in particular is falling apart because of religion. The trick is not to encourage tolerance or dialogue or anything like that -- that has been tried for thousands of years. The trick is to realize that that holy book you're holding in your hand, whahtever your religion, belongs in a literature class -- it has nothing to do with reality and it's not a replacement for your brain.

Guru Nanaks first teaching was that there is no Hindu or Muslim, and hence no religion. Truth is One, it cannot be confined to a religion, it is All Pervading, the powerhouse of the Universe and the knower of hearts. 

The Gurus knew this, we all know the Truth really deep down, the answers all lie within us, where else did Guru ji get them from if not from God within. 

The Guru taught us to treat others with respect and to respect the freedom of humans to practice what belief they choose.

But they glorified Truth, hence when they  saw someone adding rubbish to it, they called it out. When they did many listened to their own hearts(God) and knew it was the Truth. 

On 1/2/2017 at 8:41 AM, Guest Enlightenment said:

I just read this five-year-old thread here

and I am amazed and astonished and disgusted at how mind-numbingly low religion can bring people.

This was a post by a 20-year-old Sikh girl who happened to be in a relationship with a Muslim boy. There were absolutely no problems with the relationship -- he was NOT religious, he never spoke badly of her religion, he was very liberal and gentlemanly and encouraged her with her studies and did everything a good boyfriend should do. He was the polar opposite of the stereotype that Sikhs have of Muslims. Yet the girl was so ASHAMED to be in a relationship with a Muslim that she kept the relationship a secret from her family and friends. When she came here, confused and sad and looking for advice -- she was torn to pieces by her co-religionists who called her boyfriend racial slurs like "sullah," accused her of betraying her religion and family and culture, and saying she had cheapened and insulted her entire community because that community would suffer the humiliation of a Muslim boy having one of its women, apparently.

The girl was basically bullied and verbally abused into breaking it off with the boyfriend, who had done absolutely nothing wrong once again, and was blindsided and rewarded for his kindness and open-mindedness and love with a stab in the back. She broke it off with him not because of anything he had done, but because he wasn't good enough for her tyrannical family and fellow Sikhs.

As a nonreligious man with a Muslim family background I can somewhat understand that a really indoctrinated, generalizing Sikh ignorant of history and selective with memory would only remember that Aurangzeb had some guru flayed alive and that the Mughals staged massacres of Sikhs some five centuries ago, and that Muslims allegedly do X and Y and Z to Sikhs today, while of course completely turning a blind eye to any atrocities Sikhs are accused of. Yet still, the fact that such an ironfisted hatred can coexist with an average human IQ is baffling.

Me, on the other hand -- I have NO religion. I cast mine off long ago. Why do I need a faith? What does a religious person have in their mind and spirit that I do not -- and what mistakes or sins do I commit that a religious person doesn't? I hate no one, no one is my enemy. I do not have to attach myself to a vast population that shares "my" religion and consequently have to hate whoever they hate and be against whoever they feel has wronged them. Religious books tell me (depending on the religion) not to eat bacon, mix wool with linen, cut my hair, accept blood donations, or some other gibberish -- while I have never learned anything about morality itself from a religious book that I did not already know thanks to being human. I am free to be a good person based on my own rationality and conscience, and am thus free from absurd and completely artificial expressions of religious morality. Being virtuous has nothing to do with refusing to cut your hair, wearing a turban, carrying around a dagger or praying at the gurdwara. I am shocked at how religious people can think that a decent life on earth requires so much arcane complication and symbolism and ritual. That thread was full of people who probably did all of these things, yet lacked any common sense or true morality.

There is NO such thing as prophethood or revelation -- how can anyone think that God would reveal himself to ONE person like a guru or a prophet, and then simply leave billions of other human beings to be convinced or not convinced by the prophet's preaching? All the Sikh Gurus combined, know as much as I do about God -- and that is as much as the Pope of Rome, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, or the President of the Mormon Church knows -- NOTHING. Your revelations, miracles, prayers -- are all stories in an extremely well-written book of poetry, like the Bible and the Qur'an.

The Sikhs I have met in real life seem very little like the ones in the thread. They were humble, polite, well-spoken, not dogmatic in the least, always inviting me to gurdwara for this or that although I avoid all places of worship -- but it seems religious and committed Sikhs are just as bad as really committed Muslims or really committed Hindus. We all need to GROW UP. If I tell you I'm Muslim and you tell me I'm Sikh, that's like me saying I believe in Santa Claus while you believe in the Easter Bunny. There may very well be a god -- the universe could not have come from nothing -- but religion is the most powerful fairy tale ever, in that children continue to believe and swear by it until they die of old age, despite not a shred of evidence to support one atom of any religion. I believe India in particular is falling apart because of religion. The trick is not to encourage tolerance or dialogue or anything like that -- that has been tried for thousands of years. The trick is to realize that that holy book you're holding in your hand, whatever your religion, belongs in a literature class -- it has nothing to do with reality and it's not a replacement for your brain.

Guru sahib has no hate to anyone and due to this his gursikhs shouldnt have hate towards anyone. 

When it comes down to it the girl can do whatever she wants, however I have come across uncountable cases like this someone comes along, shows a little bit of attention to the girl, spoiles her with gifts to win her over. Next thing you know the girl is either on drugs getting pimped out or been flown out to Pakistan. I have perosnally witnessed pakistani males wearing a kara, going by a sikh name to pull our girls. The reason why so many advise against these relationships is because they have seen first hand the outcomes. They are not good.

2 hours ago, Lionesswoman said:

Guru Nanaks first teaching was that there is no Hindu or Muslim, and hence no religion. Truth is One, it cannot be confined to a religion, it is All Pervading, the powerhouse of the Universe and the knower of hearts. 

The Gurus knew this, we all know the Truth really deep down, the answers all lie within us, where else did Guru ji get them from if not from God within. 

The Guru taught us to treat others with respect and to respect the freedom of humans to practice what belief they choose.

But they glorified Truth, hence when they  saw someone adding rubbish to it, they called it out. When they did many listened to their own hearts(God) and knew it was the Truth. 

Wjkk Wjkkf Bhenji

Agreed the truth is not confined to a certain religion and it is within us all! But only Satguru Ji can reavel this truth within us.....

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ 

The key is in the hands of the True Guru; no one else can open this door. By perfect destiny, He is met. ||7||

Dhan is our Guru! Dhan Dhan Dhan!

:ssa

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2017 at 6:33 PM, R78 said:

Wjkk Wjkkf Bhenji

Agreed the truth is not confined to a certain religion and it is within us all! But only Satguru Ji can reavel this truth within us.....

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ 

The key is in the hands of the True Guru; no one else can open this door. By perfect destiny, He is met. ||7||

Dhan is our Guru! Dhan Dhan Dhan!

:ssa

Yes. But the Guru tells u what's already in our hearts but our ego doesnt want to hear. The cause of us thinking we're seperate is our ego. 

Who do u think taught Guru Nanak Ji?