Singh's with dreadlocks

MrDoaba

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

What’s the sangats opinion on a Singh getting dreadlocks? I have a condition which is causing my kes to deteriorate (don’t want to elaborate), I want to preserve my kes though. I’ve tried Biotin to keep it in good condition to no avail. Called a dreadlock hairdressers, said he’s had a few Singh’s come to him (probably some of the one's who wear a dumala! Look like Rasta's)! Was surprised tbh! Said he's even familiar about most Punjabi’s hair thickness etc. Kamaal di gal ah but right or wrong?

I'd still be able to wear a dastaar btw. And become a Saadhu in the process lol.

My sister got jata in her hair. She was too scared of the pain to take out tangles and they got bigger and bigger until her jorda was stuck in place. She had a permanant joora and she would wash it by squeezing it. We found out 6 months later. And it tooks us two days to get the tangles out. We just straight out pulled her hair out trying to get the tangles out. Her head hurt for a week. 

Ya jatta are wrong cuz theres this saakhi: a sadhu with jaatta came to Guru Gobind Singh Ji and he wanted to shaak amrit so he asked guruji. Guruji said kesh, clean kesh are required. Sadhu said wat do i do? Guruji said dont worry. Then when all slept, guruji spent all night long taking out tqngles from the sadhus hair. When he woke up he had normal hair.

I dont know where the saakhi is from, but i heard itsomewhere when they were talking about theimportance of kesh to guruji

12 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

My sister got jata in her hair. She was too scared of the pain to take out tangles and they got bigger and bigger until her jorda was stuck in place. She had a permanant joora and she would wash it by squeezing it. We found out 6 months later. And it tooks us two days to get the tangles out. We just straight out pulled her hair out trying to get the tangles out. Her head hurt for a week. 

Ya jatta are wrong cuz theres this saakhi: a sadhu with jaatta came to Guru Gobind Singh Ji and he wanted to shaak amrit so he asked guruji. Guruji said kesh, clean kesh are required. Sadhu said wat do i do? Guruji said dont worry. Then when all slept, guruji spent all night long taking out tqngles from the sadhus hair. When he woke up he had normal hair.

I dont know where the saakhi is from, but i heard itsomewhere when they were talking about theimportance of kesh to guruji

Thanks for the reply brother, only want to get jata because of my serious health condition, just to keep my kes.

And thanks for letting me know of the sakhi.

Naale tusi Sukhnidhaan peete? Your words are all minced. (joke before you attack me)

9 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Thanks for the reply brother, only want to get jata because of my serious health condition, just to keep my kes.

And thanks for letting me know of the sakhi.

Naale tusi Sukhnidhaan peete? Your words are all minced. (joke before you attack me)

Haha? nah its just easier to type less n condensed on my mobile device....if the choice is btween no kesh and jaata...its a hard one...maybe take a hukamnama

32 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Haha? nah its just easier to type less n condensed on my mobile device....if the choice is btween no kesh and jaata...its a hard one...maybe take a hukamnama

What would your personal opinion be Bhai Ji?

Gursikhs advice always helps.

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:
42 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

What would your personal opinion be Bhai Ji?

Gursikhs advice always helps.

Personally....i feel bad abt imposing my views on u.... 

So please dont take my views seriously or personally....

I think no kesh might be better but only because all the jatta ive seen dont look nice. My sister hair had shampoo and grease n all just stuck in her hair..but that might be cuz her hair was like a nest.all piled up on one spot.

Maybe dreadlocks are different? U shud totally get cornrows...;) by the way,wat does a dreadlock hairdresser do? Take out dreadlocks or create them? Also u shud ask him if he has tips on how to keep dreadlocks clean? Cuz matted hair seem like they would trap in the grease n shampoo.

So obviosly im biased against jatta. And u can still have a dastar with no kesh. My dad has very little hair. Like his joora is the size of acherry.so he wraps old dastaar material round his joora to make it bigger. And that makes a very nice perfectly gol dastaar on top.

50 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Veera no it’s fine. Never any offence from a Singh.

Indian jata aren’t like the proper ones, the hairdresser said it will take ten flippin’ hours to do them with two people because my kes are long!! Banda s4la beta das khente lol! And yes he can take them out and give all the tips, but he doesn’t provide any products. There are ways of keeping dreads clean; Jamiceh saaf rakh de. And cornrows? Will I even be able to tie a dastaar with them?