Chanakya's bad negative words against women

shastarSingh

In India, Chanakya(also known as Kautaliya) is considered to be a great person, a great strategist, a ruthless manipulator and the most clever administrator, whose only interests laid in safeguarding his country. 

Chanakya Neeti is one of Chanakya's famous book and is considered to be the greatest book on Raj Neeti by the Indians. 

In this book, Chanakya uses bad words for women and below are some examples.

1.      Chanakya starts the 2nd Chapter of this book with the following words:

"Untruthfulness, rashness, guile, stupidity, avarice, uncleanliness and cruelty are a woman's seven natural flaws."

2.      In Chapter 14 (Couplet no.11), Chanakya writes

"We should always deal cautiously with fire, water, women, foolish people, serpents, and members of a royal family; for they may, when the occasion presents itself, at once bring about our death."

In the above quote, Chanakya is basically comparing women with snakes and fools.

3.      In Chapter 1 (Couplet no.15), Chanakya says

"Do not put your trust in rivers, men who carry weapons, beasts with claws or horns, women, and members of a royal family."

4.      In Chapter 1 (Couplet no.17), Chanakya says

"Women have hunger two-fold, shyness four-fold, daring six-fold, and lust eight-fold as compared to men."

5. In Chapter 17 (Couplet no. 9), Chanakya writes

"The woman who fasts and observes religious vows without the permission of her husband shortens his life, and goes to hell."

6.  In Chapter 17 (Couplet no. 10), Chanakya writes

"A woman does not become holy by offering charity, by observing hundreds of fasts, or by sipping sacred water, as by sipping the water used to wash her husband’s feet."

7. In Chapter 8 (Couplet no. 8), Chanakya says

"Knowledge is lost without putting it into practice; a man is lost due to ignorance; an army is lost without a commander; and a woman is lost without a husband."

8. In Chapter 12 (Couplet no. 18), Chanakya says

"Courtesy should be learned from princes, the art of conversation from pandits, lying should be learned from gamblers and deceitful ways should be learned from women."

Basically, Chanakya is saying that women are the masters of DECEIT.

9. In Chapter 14 (Couplet no. 10), Chanakya says

"It is ruinous to be familiar with the king, fire, the religious preceptor, and a woman. To be altogether indifferent to them is to be deprived of the opportunity to benefit ourselves, hence our association with them must be from a safe distance."

10. In Chapter 17 (Couplet no. 14), Chanakya says

"The eating of tundi fruit deprives a man of his sense, while the vacha root administered revives his reasoning immediately. A woman at once robs a man of his vigour while milk at once restores it."

11. In Chapter 16 (Couplet no. 2), Chanakya says

"The heart of a woman is not united; it is divided. While she is talking with one man, she looks lustfully at another and thinks fondly of a third in her heart."

12. In Chapter 11 (Couplet no. 5), Chanakya says

"He who is engrossed in family life will never acquire knowledge; there can be no mercy in the eater of flesh; the greedy man will not be truthful; and purity will not be found in a woman or a hunter."

Guest Jacfsing2
7 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

men who carry weapons, beasts with claws or horns, women, and members of a royal family."

He probably doesn't like Sikhs either; (or maybe Hindu Kahashtiryas at his time), if he doesn't like Shastars or those who are sons and daughters of a true king, (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

the reason Guru Pita ji told us to study him was to learn exactly how low they are willing to go, and how harshly the non-brahmin is judged in their eyes so we never fall into that pattern of thinking , unfortunately we have stopped studying the truth of the world we inhabit and the people around us , so we have slipped backwards ...

Guest Jacfsing2
19 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Chanakya is up there with Machiavelli and Sun Tzu.

He is the true father of India. If you want to understand indian culture, then it is very important to read his works.

One of his memorable quotes is " a crooked tree is cut last".

Both the other 2, Sun Tzu and Machiavelli both have their own Art Of War and respected Shastars importance, while this Hindu seems to degrade it to a level of evil. His culture would've been completely absorbed by Islamic Conquerors of India if everyone had his way of thinking.

44 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Both the other 2, Sun Tzu and Machiavelli both have their own Art Of War and respected Shastars importance, while this Hindu seems to degrade it to a level of evil. His culture would've been completely absorbed by Islamic Conquerors of India if everyone had his way of thinking.

That is why I say he is the true father of India. 

It's his cunning and backstabbing legacy that seems to permeate through Hindu society.

People think the rot in Hindu society came around the Guru''s time and with the Islamic invasions.

My opinion it was around several hundred BC when Chanakya and the likes of Porus were around. Since then,it's been on a decline.

The irony is that he is from Taxila which is now in Pakistan. Considering the fact that Rawalpindi and Islamabad is in close proximity (which happens to be Pakistan''s political and military headquarters),and the way the Pakistani establishment behaves in geopolitical sphere, I assume that they too inherit his legacy even though they are muslim.

• 3 years later...

I think people should still read it   I havnt read it myself    but apparently there is alot of interesting politics in it 

Guru ji even got one of his singhs to translate it. 

Women are not that great at politics in all honesty!  That's y they get paid less in politics 

On 1/25/2017 at 7:05 PM, Guest Jacfsing2 said:

remember Guru Nanak in Babarvani explains the role of brahmins disarming the warriors and allowing India to be invaded uncontested . and the massacre afterwards . Strangely these Ram Chandar bhagats are advised by their baradari to NEVER go to Punjab . My cousin got married into a Brahmin family from Maharastra and they even refused to come into Punjab to do Mangni let alone Marriage.

Guess it's too scarey to visit the land of the sikhs ...

It might be worth noting, that these scriptures say that:

A woman’s intuition is twice that of a man.

A woman’s sex drive is 8 times higher than that of a man.

These scriptures talk about human nature. There are always exceptions to the rule, but the bottom line is to stop yourself from falling prey to Vibhchari women....