John Martin Honigberger - Maharajah Ranjit Singh's Doctor

Drunk amatures should not undertake the Ghanjah. It's a recipe for your mind sounding funny and getting the spins, most likely vomitting, which is kind of a blessing since one has poisoned one's self. 

For smarter Manmukhs the order is Ghanjah first alcohol second. The other way is disaster. 

Thankfully we just don't poison ourselves period. 

3 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I've been around...a lot...a ...lot of cannabis users. Of the thousands I can think of, I know one dude and one dude only that gets paranoid enough from time to time he stops. Then after purging goes back to chill occasional use. And he did thousands of hits of acid so I think that's a factor. 

This is the closest major city to burning man. I've been there, been to music festivals, been all over to where the people love the good green herb and I have never run into that, never heard a story like that, never heard a cautionary tale like that. 

Not saying it's impossible but the numbers have to be miniscule. 

Oh right! Snoop. Yes, definitely not a role model. He's a good example for that reason. Gang banger, violent historically, uses or used harder drugs...still chill...the cannabis is the best thing he has going for him. It obviously makes him a better person not worse. If it was psychosis inducing Tommy Chong would be psychotic and so would half the world. 

If you asked Ranjit Singh what he was drinking he might say wine. But to him that's a mix of things. Who's to say what his brother was drinking is all I'm saying. And that it sounds...strange. 

My point was to post an interesting bit of text from someone from a medical background. Don't think that I'm some sort of prohibitionist. Like I said, it effects some people negatively, but I've seen plenty of people from a variety of backgrounds, from labourers, , solicitors, salesmen, brickies, music producers, artists (I could go on) use it without adverse effect. This isn't condoning or promoting the use btw. These are just observations. 

I think if you have certain pre-existing conditions, it could have averse effects, and it might not even be fully  generalisable like that - it might be that certain strains have a more negative effect on these people than others?     

5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Churrus is refered to online as a narcotic resin made from hemp which means it's opium mixed with hash oil. 

And apparently contained "unkown intoxicants". 

In Panjabi churrus is usually just cannabis resin, what they used to call ash or hash in england. But you are right, he might have been taking a cocktail of stuff?  

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

In Panjabi churrus is usually just cannabis resin, what they used to call ash or hash in england. But you are right, he might have been taking a cocktail of stuff?  

I thought he was adding crushed pearls to his cocktails. Any idea the effect of this? It's also rumoured his doctor increased the amount that led to his early demise.

Food prohibitions of Sikhs and Hindus.

The spirit produced from Cabul grapes, for the use of Runjeet Sing, was distilled in that place in my presence, by his own people, because everything eatable or drinkable, destined for Sikhs and Hindoos, must be prepared by their own hands, no Christian or Musselman being permitted to touch it, lest they should pollute it.

Dear veerji

Does the above mean that ranjit Singh was a bibeki and ate/drank only from the hands of fellow Sikhs?

16 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

1332696097_honigbergerexcesssukhaandbhangrecipe.png.332c596836ca9b225c2b4743fb78a298.png

It is definitely interesting bro. I would like to point out the "medical professional" here is treating this elusive and rare effect of cannabis..with...what else...leeches.

Drs today are still dangerously arrogant and ignorant. Drs then...lol...their solution to everything was blood letting and blood letting only cures ONE thing. They were quite comfortable telling you how much they knew though, while they put a used needle into your arm to drain out blood you need. 

The..hubris of drs throughout history should be a lesson to us all, and their day of ignorance is far from over today. 

I'd take a vetrenarian over an md just about any day in history...including this one...especially for apocalyptic antics. 

Only drs europe really had were burned at the stake.