Alternative cream for joints

Guest Sporty Singh 123

Guest Sporty Singh 123

VJKK VJKF,

just quick question. I am a semi professionall athlete for my local running club. Im a amritdhari  who regualary suffers from joint pain during long distance races and training. Recently, I started using a new external cream for my skin and joints which contains glucosamine, aloe vera, coconut oil and other healthy ingredients. . However after using it I found out that another ingredient within the cream called MSM contains a certain amount of shelfish amongst other normal ingredients. I am coming to the end of this small tub and want to ask sangat if theres any suggestions for any different types of knee pain creams? I prefer the creams instead of the tablets incase I internally consume anything which may  have meat or gelatine type ingredients. 

VJKK VJKF 

On 17/02/2017 at 0:43 AM, Guest Sporty Singh 123 said:

VJKK VJKF,

just quick question. I am a semi professionall athlete for my local running club. Im a amritdhari  who regualary suffers from joint pain during long distance races and training. Recently, I started using a new external cream for my skin and joints which contains glucosamine, aloe vera, coconut oil and other healthy ingredients. . However after using it I found out that another ingredient within the cream called MSM contains a certain amount of shelfish amongst other normal ingredients. I am coming to the end of this small tub and want to ask sangat if theres any suggestions for any different types of knee pain creams? I prefer the creams instead of the tablets incase I internally consume anything which may  have meat or gelatine type ingredients. 

VJKK VJKF 

bro MSM can be vegan too , you can get it in powder form and take orally, you can also use arnica cream/ointement  weleda does a massage balm which is great for aching mucles and bones .

On 17/02/2017 at 0:43 AM, Guest Sporty Singh 123 said:

VJKK VJKF,

VJKK VJKF 

Do you do any joint mobility and do you any cool down stretches or yoga?

This is going to sound really desi, but I have to massage my joints (knees, ankles, elbows, and shoulders) with badaam oil twice a week. I train hard - running and bodyweight exercises - so the oil massage just kills any lingering aches and pains I have. Then I have a very hot shower and get into bed. The next morning I'm as fresh as a daisy. Also, if you're getting pain in your knee from running, you might want to get your patella checked out. There's a commonly available strap that's available which alleviates the pressure on the knee when running. Another thing you might consider is your running style: are you a heel striker or a toe runner? This is stuff you most likely know. 

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

This is going to sound really desi, but I have to massage my joints (knees, ankles, elbows, and shoulders) with badaam oil twice a week. I train hard - running and bodyweight exercises - so the oil massage just kills any lingering aches and pains I have. Then I have a very hot shower and get into bed. The next morning I'm as fresh as a daisy. Also, if you're getting pain in your knee from running, you might want to get your patella checked out. There's a commonly available strap that's available which alleviates the pressure on the knee when running. Another thing you might consider is your running style: are you a heel striker or a toe runner? This is stuff you most likely know. 

You are right about the style of running.

I used to be heel striker, I had to change to landing more on the mid-foot.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You are right about the style of running.

I used to be heel striker, I had to change to landing more on the mid-foot.

Same here. I had no idea about such issues. I suffered two serious knee injuries within the space of 6 weeks. I tried everything. Apparently I was a heel striker, so I switched to running on the balls of my feet, and it's been a year now since any issues with my knee.

use sesame oil it is very good for joints according to aryuveda. get organic (untoasted) sesame oil which doesnt smell much. the cheaper toasted one shouldn;t be used. You can warm it up and massage it onto the joints.

be careful of commercial creams etc as many have questionable ingredients and side effects, likewise regular use of painkillers

Ensure your diet is healthy (raw milk,organic unprocessed food) and that you are doing the correct warm ups, resting enough etc. (it may just be overuse/wear and tear)

Basically many factors are involved and you'll know what is the likely cause.

You can go to your GP but they'll likely not do anything meaningful unless there is some structural pathology that needs imaging and/ surgery. Even if there is some wear and tear in the joint (OA) they will just give you some generic 'advice' and painkillers which is not really going to sort out the problem- only mask it (if at all) + side effects. So speak to your peers, look online and try to treat it yourself holistically.