The lost Sikh turban style

On 7/29/2022 at 5:16 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Things seem to change quickly too. Chunjurs (ankle bells) used to be common only a few decades ago. Do we see them much anymore?  

Yes, things change quicker in contemporary times although in the past jewellery and clothing was more consistent for a few centuries before any drastic changes. 

Jhanjar is still popular but not for every day wear as it was before. Some still consider it customary to have silver Jhanjar made for young girls. However, the style of anklets has changed in Panjab. Contemporary styles are usually light with fewer attached ornaments. 

Prior to the 1970s, there were far more elaborate types (e.g. Kada, Jhanjar, Panjeb, Patri'an) and they were worn regularly. 

image.png.c782ee56327d8f71f125d17f76d5c9a5.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Physically and mentally I would say the primary effects I've noticed are less anger, less fear, less depression,  When I am on deployments it's sometimes hard to avoid meat, and when I've "relapsed" i

That's not as pronounced as you might think in surviving rehitnamay. There are so many images going way back (including one that purports to be a contemporary one of dasmesh pita) that show earrings. 

Guru ji went to battle as a youth thus his name from Tyag Mal to Teg Bahadur...but his true essence was to be tied to Akal Purakh's charan

Posted Images