coconut and depression

Guest daasi

13 hours ago, Guest Daasi said:

Guru Granth Sahib Jio Maharaj reminds BAROSA IN NAAM IS MAN JEETEI JAAG JEET! DEPRESSION NASH!

http://www.thesurvivalgardener.com/growing-coconuts-outside-the-tropics/

Sis ,

The writer admits he's never tried himself

Since I haven’t tested this idea, I can’t say for sure if it will work. My gut says it will, judging by what I’ve seen of coconut palms as well as the fact that I’ve seen a pit greenhouse like the one in the drawings. It hosted jackfruit, starfruit, miracle fruit and other completely tropical species despite the fact that it was located in a cold part of Florida at least 3-4 hours from where those species can survive.

If you live much further north, you would have to keep the greenhouse heated. Barrels of water work here in North Florida but I’m sure they won’t work in places with extended periods of below-freezing weather. Up in Tennessee you’d likely have to have a double-insulated greenhouse with a heater. In Minnesota, you’d have to own a power company to keep it warm enough.

nobody I know has the money to build a greenhouse the height of the ones in Kew Gardens or the space or money to blow on heating a greenhouse more than they heat their homes  , plenty of people can have access to organically grown virgin cold-pressed coconut oil it's pricey but it is the real deal .Besides depressed people usually have problems in life because they cannot get motivated to do projects, this would be expecting a little too much . If you can find a supplier  of green coconuts near you that would be the benefit without the immense wait. 

Besides doing naam jap and singing kirtan would do so much besides just removing depression it would alleviate the weights of picchle augunn

On 04/03/2017 at 2:28 PM, Guest 0 to 100 said:

antidepressants do the job, no shame in taking them 

They sort out the problem in the short term. After the patient comes off them, then they stop working and the patient gets the same feelings back, sometimes even worse. This is when they are most likely to resort to suicidal thoughts. Time heals depression the best. Everyone can get depressed at any time of their lives. Prevention is the best cure. Always aim to lead a balanced life and take time to eat and relax. Learn to recognise the early signs and do something about it like change of routine before it gets worse. Better still - read a good book or scan the internet to understand what depression really is.

25 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

They sort out the problem in the short term. After the patient comes off them, then they stop working and the patient gets the same feelings back, sometimes even worse. This is when they are most likely to resort to suicidal thoughts. Time heals depression the best. Everyone can get depressed at any time of their lives. Prevention is the best cure. Always aim to lead a balanced life and take time to eat and relax. Learn to recognise the early signs and do something about it like change of routine before it gets worse. Better still - read a good book or scan the internet to understand what depression really is.

sometimes depression is caused by blood chemistry imbalances , need to investigate whole body health not just the brain

if the cause is situational nothing taken is going to fix the depression , need to deal with aggravating factors and eliminate them , the only magic bullet is naam not the pills docs tell you to pop

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

sometimes depression is caused by blood chemistry imbalances , need to investigate whole body health not just the brain

if the cause is situational nothing taken is going to fix the depression , need to deal with aggravating factors and eliminate them , the only magic bullet is naam not the pills docs tell you to pop

Penji Jkvlondon, what are the tests that one should ask their docs to do, apart from the normal blood count? Would be beneficial if you could enlighten of any other tests that may help diagnose in blood chemistry imbalances you've mentioned, as I only know of vitamin D studies, and B12 that aren't normally tested in UK.? 

2 hours ago, simran345 said:

Penji Jkvlondon, what are the tests that one should ask their docs to do, apart from the normal blood count? Would be beneficial if you could enlighten of any other tests that may help diagnose in blood chemistry imbalances you've mentioned, as I only know of vitamin D studies, and B12 that aren't normally tested in UK.? 

you could ask to have a full panel done which would check iron, b12, hormones, D etc, etc

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

you could ask to have a full panel done which would check iron, b12, hormones, D etc, etc

Thank you JKVlondon penji. Is full panel the same as a full blood count? Our docs don't include the iron, b12 and D in them, so confused to if it's called the same. 

7 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Thank you JKVlondon penji. Is full panel the same as a full blood count? Our docs don't include the iron, b12 and D in them, so confused to if it's called the same. 

you insist with your doctor especially as your health is compromised. Blood count is just count of blood components , you need more info than that because your health is more than just your blood counts, it's your endocrine system, blood sugars , mineral levels , vitamin D is a hormone produced by the body if it is low can have many knock-on affects.