Reading bani digitally

3 hours ago, Khalistanisinghni said:

WJKK WJKF,

is it just this human being who gets distracted by their mobile phones when reading bani.

like responding to emails/messages, checking fb/ig posts while reading bani? Or just online shopping?

You could use your phone only for making and receiving calls and the other tasks of emails, fb, online shopping do on a laptop/iPad if you have one. 

Switch it off or put in silent mode until you've finished reading Gurbani. And better still put it in another room, or further away from where you are sitting, which is what I do  in the day. 

59 minutes ago, JUSTAJATT said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh,

I suggest that you switch it off and leave it elsewhere when trying to do paatth or read bani.

No distractions is essential . A gurmukh friend of mine taught me to think of yourelf as if entering the abode of the guru every time you begin to go into paaath, gurbani or simran. He said to leave everything, all baggage, all gadgets, devices and even my watch when I enter the abode. >>   I took his advice and have been doing this for over a year now and I have no problems or distractions with this rubbish we carry around.  Sometimes I will use toof or incense stick in the room and may use that as sort of timer and now that 30 mins has gone when most is burned. For me, it's a lot better than using a  to limit digital device as a timer.

I also been advised that phone signal waves and wifi etc  affect us mentally and sway the mind. Since I benn aware of this and try to keep my exposure to a minimum,..>> I've been able to keep control of my krodh and tension problems that have bothered me for years.  Maybe it's all in my head?? I don't care what anyone says because I know how easily corrupt and tempted my weak mind can be. So any technique that can throw a few punches on it, is helpful to me.

Good suggestions by Justajatt ji. Thanks for reminding me to place the phone further away from the bedside table when sleeping. I do have a bedtime reminder setup but it doesn't work in practice and I tend to ignore it ?.  

There's also time management apps you can download:

A lot of people are asking about options for mobile phones; while there definitely are some, I think your phone is easier to deal with than a computer. You probably need your computer for studying and work - you almost never need your phone for those purposes. So simply shutting it off during your work sessions is an effective strategy ;) That being said, if you feel the need to use an app instead, here are your options:Android - Cold Turkey iOS - Freedom (ironically not free), though I've heard that it's not 100% effective because of the way iOS is designed. An alternative is Forest, which encourages you not to use your phone rather than straight-up blocking content.

2 hours ago, JUSTAJATT said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh,

I suggest that you switch it off and leave it elsewhere when trying to do paatth or read bani.

No distractions is essential . A gurmukh friend of mine taught me to think of yourelf as if entering the abode of the guru every time you begin to go into paaath, gurbani or simran. He said to leave everything, all baggage, all gadgets, devices and even my watch when I enter the abode. >>   I took his advice and have been doing this for over a year now and I have no problems or distractions with this rubbish we carry around.  Sometimes I will use toof or incense stick in the room and may use that as sort of timer and now that 30 mins has gone when most is burned. For me, it's a lot better than using a  to limit digital device as a timer.

I also been advised that phone signal waves and wifi etc  affect us mentally and sway the mind. Since I benn aware of this and try to keep my exposure to a minimum,..>> I've been able to keep control of my krodh and tension problems that have bothered me for years.  Maybe it's all in my head?? I don't care what anyone says because I know how easily corrupt and tempted my weak mind can be. So any technique that can throw a few punches on it, is helpful to me.

SO BEAUTIFUL. Thank you and shall do ardaas benti and start it right away

1 hour ago, simran345 said:

You could use your phone only for making and receiving calls and the other tasks of emails, fb, online shopping do on a laptop/iPad if you have one. 

Switch it off or put in silent mode until you've finished reading Gurbani. And better still put it in another room, or further away from where you are sitting, which is what I do  in the day. 

Good suggestions by Justajatt ji. Thanks for reminding me to place the phone further away from the bedside table when sleeping. I do have a bedtime reminder setup but it doesn't work in practice and I tend to ignore it ?.  

There's also time management apps you can download:

A lot of people are asking about options for mobile phones; while there definitely are some, I think your phone is easier to deal with than a computer. You probably need your computer for studying and work - you almost never need your phone for those purposes. So simply shutting it off during your work sessions is an effective strategy ;) That being said, if you feel the need to use an app instead, here are your options:Android - Cold Turkey iOS - Freedom (ironically not free), though I've heard that it's not 100% effective because of the way iOS is designed. An alternative is Forest, which encourages you not to use your phone rather than straight-up blocking content.

Thank you. Will try to keep these far away.