Gurbani Kirtan - Disabilities

simran345

6 hours ago, InderjitS said:

1st time I've seen this post, what a fantastic idea. Be worth approaching local committee to see if they are willing to support this initiative. Aside from soorma Singh's teaching and performing kirtan and Prof Surinder Singh who walks with a stick, all other kirtanis I've come across have been able bodied.

Read my message to you in Inbox paji. I didn’t know Prof Surinder Singh walked with a stick. There’s Bhai Lakhwinder Singh too, I think he has visual problems, but I’m not sure what exactly. And Sant Harbans Singh ji, I remember seeing him when I was younger, playing an instrument. 

Good idea as it encourages other adults to learn kirtan too, as in if they can do it and they are struggling with certain issues then why cant I?

Puts out a message of equality too.

8 hours ago, simran345 said:

There’s Bhai Lakhwinder Singh too, I think he has visual problems, but I’m not sure what exactly.

Bhai Sahib is blind, these are called soorma Singh's. 

There is a well known kirtani school aka Vadda Dera established in 1859 by Sant Shuddh Singh and later for the visually impaired in Daudhar pind, Moga Dist. Kirtanis such as Gian Singh Surjeet who are no longer with us trained there and I might need to be corrected but I think Sital Singh Sitara as well.