Did some impotent cuck so called Sikhs sign a deal to be servants of the British army?

genie

6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'd say caution is warranted here, given a full century of outright manipulation of dumb Sikhs in the British military. These people play us so well, they'll have hordes of poor peasants jumping around like dimwitted poster boys if we aren't careful. They did it before, so it wouldn't be the first time. 

If you want to learn how to use a gun, go to a gun range. 

I don't remember who told me perhaps it was my uncle but the main problem with many Sikhs in the military is that in general we are honest and not cut throat. Someone mentioned that an individual in the military had noticed this and thus he claimed that one Sikh in particular along with other Sikhs weren't savvy enough with politics to rise the ranks even though that particular individual more than deserved it. This is an important tactic even more so than being able to shoot a gun. 

What I'm saying is your service is what yoy personally make it because there are rules and regulations in every western country and if something occurs that isn't just, you have the power to shed light on it. 

I agree with not being manipulated but I don't think the solution is to not join the military at all nor do I think it would help change that mentality.

5 hours ago, genie said:

works for me try again.

Military service is good thing I'm not against it. What I'm against is the agreement/covenant without anything in return for British Sikhs and the wider global Sikh community

I am specifically talking about Sikhs fighting for british army and state not Sikhs of other countries or India they have their own issues that need addressing on a separate thread.

I'm talking about Sikhs who are alleged to signed an agreement with the british army to fight for QUEEN and country. To fight for the UK is fair enough as thats their home so they are fighting in defence of their nation but to fight for Queen? No thanks...

To fight for illegal wars aboard like iraq and elsewhere? No thanks

Sikhs are not ment to be cannon fodder to be used in other peoples wars and conflicts for economic gains of rich white western oligarch elites.

Sikhs are ment to fight for their religion and their values/principles if they are in a army whose interests come in conflict with those Sikh values then how can you be proud to fight for such an army? Have you not seen what the british have done to the Sikhs in india since they dismantled the Sikh empire? Prevented a viable Khalistan, Helped in the Sikh genocide by aiding indian govt in 1984, And off course jalliwalah bag massacre.

The britiish army and the state who hasnt given any assurances or anything to British Sikhs yet want their military service and manpower. Its one sided bad deal and the issues I outlined have not been addressed by you and other cucked Sikhs who do not realise that as a Sikh you fight for Sikh interests first above any non-sikh national Geo-political interests.

The thing about serving in military in USA GB Aus CAN ECT is that there are international laws and the discretion of ranks and foot soldiers on how they will carry out missions. Look at Harjit Sajjan he's representative of how Canada, a country who helped USA in the wars, helped carry out certain operations while saving troop and civilian lives. You underestimate the power of an independent thinking sovereign individual. No banner can change that.

I dislike this deal making culture. A while back I tried to have a rational discussion about Gurdas Man's new song. The individual I disagreed with trying to rile up feminazis in hopes they would spearhead the crusade against Mann. The writer wrote that Mann's song was somehow sexist because it portrayed the mom neglecting her kids and having substance abuse problem. Point is his plan to make a silent deal of give and take in hopes that his begging to feminazis would help him crusade against Mann failed horribly. 

This is the same mentality Sikh coalition type of orgs have they think bending over to Islamophobia brigade will end up helping somehow. Similar to how Muslims are using Sikhs and BLM to white wash their own image it's at the expense of us and I would argue other people allied in the silent deal of supporting each other. 

I may be wrong but I think we should be above this for the issues that are most important for us. Instead of using service as a bargaining chip military service should be independent as a means of protecting your home and further becoming an asset to the Panth. In that process individuals automatically become powerhouse for pushing and acting on our narrative. 

This applies to any field really but since we are talking about military service only mentioned that. 

I don't disagree with much of what you say but I think there is a fundamental flaw in assuming that military service translates into what you're saying bro

On 3/25/2017 at 6:07 PM, Singh559 said:

I don't remember who told me perhaps it was my uncle but the main problem with many Sikhs in the military is that in general we are honest and not cut throat.

Other people describe this in more brutally frank and less endearing terms. I believe you're talking about our 'docility' here.

Apnay sometimes have the minds of love-starved children (when it comes to outsiders) and go to embarrassing lengths to try and someone prove their worthiness. A lot of our lot also have some hardcore sycophancy thing going on towards goray (especially but not solely the older generation). I think this is what Kipling meant when he referred to colonised 'natives' as  'half devil and half child'. 

You can't be ruthless towards someone you idolise and feel lesser than. As a consequence of this inferiority complex, people will perceive apnay as useful simpletons at best - or complete lullos to be used and not given much respect. 

Have no doubt that the armed forces of modern nation states are mere pawns of the political ruling class and the military-industrial complex. They are mercenaries fighting for blood lust, money, fame, ideology and a false sense of patriotism.

A Sikh is sovereign and bows only to the Guru. They do not do the bidding of politicians and industrialists.

The subtlety of the Gurus messages is lost on many Sardars. Read the Zafarnama: Make peace, not war. Fighting is not glorious, rather it is a matter of sadness that humanity has reached rock bottom. The Gurus spread love, peace and unity even in difficult and testing times. Think of it this way- a mother is forced to discipline a wayward child because he is intent on causing great harm. Will she ruthlessly murder him, or appeal with love, put her body in harm's way and if absolutely necessary, forcefully but lovingingly hold his hand? The Guru did not fight against soldiers on the battlefield, but rather was faced with the difficult circumstances of dealing with his wayward children (read mercenaries fighting for rulers). He healed the wounded and gave them the choice: Love and leave or go back again on the battle field. Many cried and were humbled by these words.

Did the Guru try to assassinate the Mughal emperor or instead give their head in sacrifice/ continue to try and make peace till the end? Yet the narrative spun by the Indian sardars (and therefore their diaspora) is the common Old World War philosophy.

This is why it is Sant Sipahi and not the other way around. One can only wield the sword if one is a saint and a saint is never angry, never holds vengeance and has no enemies- they love everyone even if the opposing party is trying to kill him. Love ultimately defeats anger and only the sant can perform these actions.

What is the point of learning shastar vidhya when you don't know how to fight the battles the world faces today (consumerism, water about to run out, ecological genocide etc)? Fighting is the easy part. What about spreading peace and love amongst the entire world? What did the Sikhs ever do for the various genocides that have killed millions yet beat their chest and cry on the global stage about the thousands that died because some sardars decided to take vengeance? Where are the Guru Tegh Bahadurs of today who would have been first in line to be killed in order to save the drinking water at Standing Rock? The Guru's vidhya is not shastar vidhya but rather pure love. Raising a sword is nothing special- it has been done by drones throughout the ages.

This is all a false narrative. You need to re-adjust the lens with which you are looking at the world and your place in it, if you think that there is any relation or usefulness of Sikhs being involved with any nation state's armed forces. The purpose of the Sikh is to usher in a new age of Satyug, where wars have ended, where the cause of conflict has ended.

Are you looking at root causes of problems in society and solving them? It is easy to be reactionary, easy to jump the gun and shoot from the hip. It is easy to be an angry ignorant redneck, but it takes Gods grace to be his true Sikh. It is only the Sikhs and not any other other who have access to the ultimate truth. Will they listen? Or will they fall prey to the Eastern/Western Old World philosophies of anger-kill-destroy-glory-falsepride?

Bear in mind that I am ready and prepared to die to serve the guru and have been saved from certain death many times including Gun toting Indian Soldiers and Knife wielding Hindu Mobs so I'm not talking through my backside. I'm not a part-time sikh who wears Bana only on a Sunday or for show. Heed my words: Fall at the feet of the Guru and learn. Wipe your mind clean with the shabad and be prepared to change your life beyond your initial comfort zone. Forget about your job, career, friends, even citizenship. Be a Sikh and only a Sikh. Life is too short and precious to waste.  Go to Africa. Go to China. Save the world, make it a better place for one and all. Do it  now. The Guru knows all.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh