India wants to seal the borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh

jkvlondon

Having read this gem I wonder what would happen to the sikhs cleaved into two seperate communities by the total sealing of the border , No more visits to Nankana Sahib, Hasan Abdal etc , greater threat to sikhs in Pakistan especially since they have been excluded from the pakistan census . Is there anything we can do ?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/28/asia/india-pakistan-bangladesh-borders/

8 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

For what it matters since Kashmir is my second home (half the year) and having been here when the last unrest erupted, I can say that something needs to be done. In the last several years there have been at least 6 attempts that I know of, where militants from Pakistan came over the mountains and tried to kill. The worst was on a military outpost in Uri (close to where my husband was working on a project). 21 people died in an hours long fire fight which also killed the militants. This last July I was here when suspected terrorist Burhan wani was killed and unrest erupted across Kashmir. Teams of kids were paid by black money from Pakistan to throw rocks at people, a police officer was thrown in his vehicle down the embankment of Jhelum into the river and died. Don't believe the media on the eye pellets either. The only time they were used were in dire situations of mobs with mob mentalities. There were no innocent bystanders who just 'happened to have their eyes shot out'. Some of these people would hide IEDs in group protests and multiple occasions police CRPF were injured severely when they went off (along with some protestors themselves). 

I have no idea what the solution is here. If India backs out and gives Kashmir away, then you KNOW Pakistan will step in and it will become radicalized and the many sikh families here will be caught in that. It's already being radicalized in some border areas as Kashmiri women used to be very liberal in how they dressed (like just a chunni) and now everywhere you look you see full black abayas with full niqabs and only a mesh to see through. I'd say they make up about 25% now of women in border areas. Only a few years ago I didn't see this. 

So does India let Kashmir go 'free'? Their freedom would be short lived as Pak would step in and they'd have less freedom than they do now. Do you close the borders completely? Impossible... we're talking very high altitude mountain crossings! Though anyone who knows history here might remember DRASS / Kargil and 1999. The Indian army high altitude branch are well trained to deal with it but as I said even recently small groups of militants have crossed into Indian controlled Kashmir and killed people. 

Not sure there is an answer.... 

How much were you paid to write this?

Guest Jacfsing2
23 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Having read this gem I wonder what would happen to the sikhs cleaved into two seperate communities by the total sealing of the border , No more visits to Nankana Sahib, Hasan Abdal etc , greater threat to sikhs in Pakistan especially since they have been excluded from the pakistan census . Is there anything we can do ?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/28/asia/india-pakistan-bangladesh-borders/

Kashmiri, (Muslim radicals) rights mean nothing to me, if Kashmir, (Muslim land), goes free other Muslims will come massively to Kashmir kicking all the Sikhs and Hindus out, (in the past Sindhi Hindus used to be not different much to Sehajdharis and were heavily Sikh involved, but now that the Muslims came, that all changed and both Hindus and Muslims became more radical). Sikhs should still be allowed their freedom to visit Nankana Sahib though.

Would be better if Sikhs had their own nation of a theocracy, then none of these problems would effect us.