FB post of singh who committed suicide.

genie

I recently saw a facebook post of a UK singh who had committed suicide and it made me wonder what makes these people take their own lives when they have so much to life for. And this was not the only case in recent years there was a sikh girl recently who took her own life cos of not getting good enough exam grades for the uni course she wanted. There was a case of a young punjabi schoolboy taking his life after being bullied and cruelly taunted about being a pedo. And I remember another case of a singh taking his own life fear years ago because of family problems.

I think there is a huge issue in our community where they are being brainwashed by false expectations and aspirations of what success is, false ideologies such as creeping backward hindu punjabi beliefs / superstitions, family pressures/problems, financial/job pressures and taking of drug alcohol intoxicants which is leading to a rise in people falling into depression and taking their own lives especially British punjabi men. The male suicide rate is often much higher than females in most communities.

We should try to help more the mentally vulnerable in our community. Though its not usually easy for people to open up about problems when most our pendu people just want to laugh or critise if a guy is feeling emotionally weak due to something but has to maintain a strong face or front.

It's a sad trend that's increased across the board, especially in these difficult social times of late. 

In terms of Sikhs in the UK, i think there are so many issues at play that lead to suicide, that trying to pinpoint one or two areas is impossible.

Life is intolerably tough and cruel at times. If you've been raised in a protective bubble that has shielded you from the unsavoury aspects of life, when you are inevitably confronted with an event, or a chain of events, that is contrary to the narrative you've been led to believe life should be, then it literally is a case of, "This is not what i was expecting." If it happens during your formative years, it's an even bigger burden to bear, and that's when you get youngsters falling victim to suicidal urges because they lack the necessary perspective to deal with those inevitable peaks and troughs that are part and parcel of human existence. I wish i could say it was the parents' fault for not equipping their kids with the necessary toughness and smarts to overcome any obstacle, but i don't think it's as simple as that.

3 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Songs like ni mae suicide karunga tere samne don't help much either. The consequences of a suicide should be discussed with youth especially on a religious level in that the soul has nothing to benefit from suicide apart from being set back greatly.

I blame stupid people who look to Indian TV and Films for acceptable coping mechanisms ...usually they are told to either drink or drug their problems away or kill themselves , never to fight back and conquer the odds.  My own cousin gassed himself whilst his family went out to a wedding , they returned to find the body in the car . I suspect the girl who was getting married he had a thing for but was too shy to say anything to his brash Dad.

It is such an unnecessary waste of life and for what ? Another kid commited suicide in University halls when I was sitting finals  by jumping from top floor kitchen window because he thought he had missed a question of the exam , his father was a barrister and the pressure of failing was too much for him to bear. If only he had talked to someone they could have got him out of that panic moment and saved him. Turns out he had passed with great marks ...

50 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I blame stupid pe peoplesnple who look to Indian TV and Films for acceptable coping mechanisms ...usually they are told to either drink or drug their problems away or kill themselves , never to fight back and conquer the odds.  My own cousin gassed himself whilst his family went out to a wedding , they returned to find the body in the car . I suspect the girl who was getting married he had a thing for but was too shy to say anything to his brash Dad.

It is such an unnecessary waste of life and for what ? Another kid commited suicide in University halls when I was sitting finals  by jumping from top floor kitchen window because he thought he had missed a question of the exam , his father was a barrister and the pressure of failing was too much for him to bear. If only he had talked to someone they could have got him out of that panic moment and saved him. Turns out he had passed with great marks ...

Sad stories. We never get to know whats going on In peoples brains until It Is too late.

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

I myself now watch suicide beheading videos as i just love watching death especially live filmed videos. Its so good to watch them and i feel addicted to them. Like i have seen hanging, shootings, proper beheadings, people jumping falling.

Are you alright Singh? Just asking since you are posting on suicide threads all of a sudden.

10 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

I am ok thanks for asking bro but i was thing about suicide as i was watching suicide videos just now so thats why i was posting in the suicide threads. 

Are you fine now bro?

23 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Just feeling hyper after watching those videos as they were quite good stuff like people falling and going under trains etc. So i am just feeling hyper and thats all. But i am ok thanks for asking bro.

Why are you watching people commit suicide?