FB post of singh who committed suicide.

genie

1 hour ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Thats so sweet bro nobody has ever said that to ever before about doing naam simran for me.

I do need to try to lay off the videos but they are addicative to watch. Its like i saw the pyshacrist and i am diagnosed with ptsd depression so the main reason was i reffered was cos of these videos i started watching.

I agree with MahadrasSingh, they can be addicting but it can get worse and worse. This is one of the Panj chor, attachment to Maya. Becoming too attached will make you lose control of yourself and kaljug would fully take you over.

My advice is naam jaap, sure it sounds cliché and over original but the reason nothing happens is because you need to fully dedicate yourself to naam. Don't just sit down and try it, fully start to love the naam and put the dhyaan in.

Stay safe bro and keep us updated on how ur doing

It's quite a shame mental health is undermined /almost look down upon in our culture, Guru maharaj already says- Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar || ... everyone is suffering so with that kept in mind. we should always help one another, and don't think for second one is better than other in terms of mental health, the fact there mind still active denotes suffering. Everyone is on the same boat when it comes to suffering and depression. 

Guest GuestSingh

lostconfussedsingh veer, not watched those type of videos myself but have felt the same way on similar things in the past and still do now but not as much as before. It's not nice - you're in a dark place right now and you need help to take you out of it. Having personally lost someone to suicide, you will affect those close to you and leave behind a feeling of emptiness that can never be replaced.

The best advice has already been mentioned - Naam. Try to surround yourself with good people and learn from them - your thinking will soon change. Also, look into going to a Sikhi camp - there a few coming up in the summer.

My advice may not mean much or even help you but what helped myself was not just Sikh history but to set a goal/target in life and work towards it. It could be something that you have always loved but never done, have a deep affection as it holds personal meaning or have always thought about since childhood e.g. philanthropy/charity work, history, education, fitness, music etc.

We were given this human life for a reason. Give yourself a temporal purpose in life in the same way as Guru Gobind Singh ji and just try to do it - even if you can't, at least you are trying and distracting yourself from bad thoughts.

As human beings, we should try leave the world a better place than how we entered it, so why waste this life?

If you want to talk about anything but don't feel comfortable doing it on these boards, just PM.

• 1 month later...

Bro, you can try the tips below. They might help you out.

Firstly, seek help from doctors, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, hypnotherapists, etc.  

Stop watching suicide videos. They will have a negative impact on your mind. Instead, watch videos which promote positive or creative thinking. TED talks, videos by Sadhguru, etc, might be good choices.

Don’t recite Shalok Mahalla navaa too much. IMHO, those shaloks are primarily meant for people who are firmly attached to Maya, so that they can develop some sense of bairaag (detachment) in them, not for someone with your mindset. Recite those shabads which talk about happiness and joy.

Listen to katha. It might motivate you to move ahead in spirituality. You might feel good after listening to them.

Listen to Kirtan. Try kirtan with this device. It might help.

https://experiencenervana.com/

You can also try listening to Kirtan in raags. Some raags produce happiness and joy. For example, Basant, Bilaaval and Mali Gaura.

Follow a regular routine. Sleeping and waking up at approximately the same times daily. Ideally, waking up at Amritvela and sleeping at night.

Take cold/cool showers on a daily basis (make sure to do keshi ishnaan too), work out daily, go for regular walks and do breathing exercises.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/inner-source/201407/cold-splash-hydrotherapy-depression-and-anxiety

Eat your main (heaviest) meal of the day near afternoon (between 10 am – 2 pm). Avoid eating at night (after 10 pm).

Avoid eating spicy food, excessive garlic, onions, etc. If you are not a Lacto-vegetarian, please switch to this diet.

Try some of these foods (lacto-vegetarian ones).

https://www.everydayhealth.com/depression-pictures/8-foods-that-fight-depression.aspx#03

Watch some movies. Here is list which might help.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamiejones/movies-that-helped-people-cope-during-depression?utm_term=.nvAbBDnJqN#.tf1M9yK7Ax

You can join Sikhawareness forum. You might like that forum. There are many titbits of katha on that forum. Additionally, you should read the meditation threads, where members discuss about their spiritual experiences. This might motivate you to seriously walk on the spiritual path (which is the goal of this human birth).

Try to do sangat of Gurmukhs. Their sangat can have a positive effect on your mind.

Try Yoga.

Read books on topics which interest you. Reading increases mental stimulation, relieves stress, etc.

Go to a nice place with natural beauty (similar to Niagara Falls, Rockies, etc) and spend some time there.

Try to make some friends (who are ethical people).

Above all, remember that you are a Singh (which implies a Saint Warrior). Our ancestors went through way worse times than us. Still, they kept on pushing forward and stayed in Chardi-kala.

I always like to be alone alot nowdays and whenever i hear anybodys name like xyz in family friends etc i feel like low mood and start thinking about death automatically.
seems like u are stuck in certain thought patterns. Try to break these thought patterns. Ask your psychologist for CBT therapy. And when u have these thoughts, try to think of something else. Like whenever the thought of death comes replace it with ur future self achieving things or with beautiful scenes of nature