Why do Sikhs In India dont really think marrying their daughters to Hindu men Is a problem?

genie

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Does this happen in the pinds? I've not been back in a while, so things have probably changed. 

No, it doesn't happen in our villages. I hesitate to talk about caste, but there are some castes in which there are both Hindus and Sikhs living in close proximity, and in those cases sometimes they give or take daughters. The reason it doesn't happen in villages is because it's been 3/4 of a century or so since those castes lived in the villages; they've almost all moved on to the cities.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Does this happen in the pinds? I've not been back in a while, so things have probably changed. 

The problem is with mostly city sikhs, its usually to do with money and lifestyle aspirations. Instead of matching someone that is of the same faith but of lower income or living standards they let their brainwashed bollywood cucked daughters to go off with non-sikhs.

The pend village/town sikhs tend to be quite traditional conservative and forth right in only marrying their daughters of to other sikhs just the way it should be.

Guest Jacfsing2
4 minutes ago, genie said:

The pend village/town sikhs tend to be quite traditional conservative and forth right in only marrying their daughters of to other sikhs just the way it should be.

Yes, but their problem is caste; what would happen if a Chamar Sikh wanted to marry a Jatt Sikh or a Khatri Sikh, we all know what would happen.

7 hours ago, genie said:

There has been a steady rise of cases where girls from Sikh families are marrying into Hindu families. Historically, culturally and traditionally this has been going on for decades however it wasn't as acceptable and the norm as it has become now

Thanks for highlighting the demographic issue. Many Sikhs are simply blind to such issues. I don't believe Guru Gobind Singh Ji intend to create a panth determined to commit demographic suicide.

The evidence for this is simply the fact that Guru Sahib created a Panth in the first place: You don't create a Panth if you don't intend for it to survive, and for it to survive, it must take measures to survive. That should be totally obvious, but there's a lack of common sense among the most "educated" among us.

8 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Yes, but their problem is caste; what would happen if a Chamar Sikh wanted to marry a Jatt Sikh or a Khatri Sikh, we all know what would happen.

Yup that's the biggest issue with pendu village Sikhs they may be fiercely loyal to Sikhi but they can be just as loyal to their hindu castes too which is kinda oxymoronic and defeats the purpose of being a Sikh. On a positive note most western Sikhs are marrying out of their castes only very backward Sikhs are sticking to their own hindu inherited castes.

1 minute ago, BhForce said:

Thanks for highlighting the demographic issue. Many Sikhs are simply blind to such issues. I don't believe Guru Gobind Singh Ji intend to create a panth determined to commit demographic suicide.

The evidence for this is simply the fact that Guru Sahib created a Panth in the first place: You don't create a Panth if you don't intend for it to survive, and for it to survive, it must take measures to survive. That should be totally obvious, but there's a lack of common sense among the most "educated" among us.

No probs, I think demographics is hugely important for Sikhs which is why I have been banging on about this issue for past few years on here. Slowly Sikhs are seeing why demographics and population is important not just for political voting issues but also for our community and religion to survive we need a healthy population that increases year on year.

And this demographics issue links into other issues too like dangerous ideologies of total equality, atheism, capitalism materialism, feminism, homosexuality, etc. If our youth are brainwashed with these kinda abnormal ideologies then they will be less inclined to reproduce at the right age so we see how sikh women in their 30s and 40s are childless and unmarried or have allowed themselves to be groomed by non-sikh men so they reproduce and produce non-sikh kids thus killing their own birth religions community without them even knowing.

The best gift or contribution a Sikh female can give to Sikh kaum and show her love for her faith and waheguru is by marrying a Sikh and reproducing to create kids who are brought up as Sikhs. Total equality and feminism are dangerous because they teach girls that you can marry who you want and your equal to a man. Its a false narrative and false idealistic brainwashing that is leaving our young sikh women confused and frustrated trying to achieve something they can never and should never set as a goal. We need to help them understand how the real world works and without them their community will vanish into the pages of history.

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, genie said:

Yup that's the biggest issue with pendu village Sikhs they may be fiercely loyal to Sikhi but they can be just as loyal to their hindu castes too which is kinda oxymoronic and defeats the purpose of being a Sikh. On a positive note most western Sikhs are marrying out of their castes only very backward Sikhs are sticking to their own hindu inherited castes.

Something I'd like to add on a somewhat related note is when a Sikh male marries outside faith; there is a 50% or higher chance of the children being Sikh; while the vice versa would only lead to 1-2% ot lower of the children being Sikh. This should be mentioned to Sikh females as why Guru Sahib himself said to give the daughter of a Sikh to another Sikh; as one is going to bring them to faith and the other take-away from faith. Heck if the thing was reverse and it was a Hindu girl marrying a Sikh guy; I wouldn't really feel worried about the Sikhi of the kids; as long as she converts, maybe her converting would have less Pseudo-Hindu in her than some Sikh woman with Hindu beliefs. Even Sehajdhari guys try to keep Sikhi alive for their children even if they married outside of faith, (just from what I've seen). 

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Something I'd like to add on a somewhat related note is when a Sikh male marries outside faith; there is a 50% or higher chance of the children being Sikh; while the vice versa would only lead to 1-2% ot lower of the children being Sikh. This should be mentioned to Sikh females as why Guru Sahib himself said to give the daughter of a Sikh to another Sikh; as one is going to bring them to faith and the other take-away from faith. Heck if the thing was reverse and it was a Hindu girl marrying a Sikh guy; I wouldn't really feel worried about the Sikhi of the kids; as long as she converts, maybe her converting would have less Pseudo-Hindu in her than some Sikh woman with Hindu beliefs. Even Sehajdhari guys try to keep Sikhi alive for their children even if they married outside of faith, (just from what I've seen). 

I've met lots of hindu moms married to sikh guys their kids are all more hinduized than sikh , all monay etc ...even an old high school friend gujrati married a SIkh guy and from her description she seems to be introducing more of her culture to the kids than sikhi . I suspect it's because sikhi is low priority to such guys ...

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

I've met lots of hindu moms married to sikh guys their kids are all more hinduized than sikh , all monay etc ...even an old high school friend gujrati married a SIkh guy and from her description she seems to be introducing more of her culture to the kids than sikhi . I suspect it's because sikhi is low priority to such guys ...

O.k.? 50% isn't that high of a standard for keeping a religion surving. Punjabi Hindu Khatris used to give their first born to be Sikhs, (just to prevent any RSS agent accusation, it was only Khatris and nobody else), and that was a higher standard than 50% more like 70%-80% and those numbers helped a lot especially since the Wadda Ghaulangia, (don't know how to Romanize it), and the fact that at least 90% of women and children of the Panth were just gone. The remaining Sikh men who were yet to be married didn't exactly restrict themselves to just those of Sikh lineage and converting their would-be wives. (Also they understood exactly what the Hukam was and it wasn't some SJW extremist nonsense that modern Sikhs are yip-yapping about today). 

Also most of the ancestors of Sikhs were Hindu converts to Sikhi, with some small amounts from other faiths as well. (Again this is not some RSS Hinduvata baffonery, but actual facts).

2 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

O.k.? 50% isn't that high of a standard for keeping a religion surving. Punjabi Hindu Khatris used to give their first born to be Sikhs, (just to prevent any RSS agent accusation, it was only Khatris and nobody else), and that was a higher standard than 50% more like 70%-80% and those numbers helped a lot especially since the Wadda Ghaulangia, (don't know how to Romanize it), and the fact that at least 90% of women and children of the Panth were just gone. The remaining Sikh men who were yet to be married didn't exactly restrict themselves to just those of Sikh lineage and converting their would-be wives. (Also they understood exactly what the Hukam was and it wasn't some SJW extremist nonsense that modern Sikhs are yip-yapping about today). 

Also most of the ancestors of Sikhs were Hindu converts to Sikhi, with some small amounts from other faiths as well. (Again this is not some RSS Hinduvata baffonery, but actual facts).

vadda ghalughara, yeah 90,000 dead in the space of a week ... don't doubt the SInghs married out by bringing in hindu girls into the fold but they would have made sure they were initiated first ... and our ancestry lies in other quarters but we all know that to take on sikhi in full means breaking ties to those dharams and cultures . Unlike RSS I do not see my roots as a problem just a fact of history and it doesn't mean I agree with them that we were a reform movement which provided fighters. what happened to the Khastriyas aren't they supposed to do that for the hindus, I mean all I hear is rajput this marata that but ultimately there were more of them than sikhs so what is the excuse ?