Rishta problem

Guest Question

1 minute ago, Jacfsing2 said:

It's a little bit before Noon. (I have to wake-up early for college most of the time, so right now it's considered late morning for me).

I agree, but sometimes there are times when I feel like I don't even know who I am. So forget anyone else, I feel like I know myself, but when I see people much better than me, (this isn't me being humble), I realize how little I know about myself.

What you about. Noon da lagda. Thought you was in USA? Which country are you in? 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 minute ago, simran345 said:

What you about. Noon da lagda. Thought you was in USA? Which country are you in? 

I am, for me it's around noon, (the official time in my area is around 8:00).

16 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I agree, but sometimes there are times when I feel like I don't even know who I am. So forget anyone else, I feel like I know myself, but when I see people much better than me, (this isn't me being humble), I realize how little I know about myself.

Sounds like you have repressed homosexual tendencies aching to break through to the surface. 

Guest Jacfsing2
2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Sounds like you have repressed homosexual tendencies aching to break through to the surface. 

No, nothing like that. I'm talking about in a situation of sometimes viewing myself as this good person, but when I see the pure-hearts of others, it makes me understand how terrible I am. ? But no it's not related to my sexual orientation, or anything remotely related to sex, more on my personality.

On 18/04/2017 at 10:14 PM, Guest Question said:

So a rishti wali had given my mother a potential match for me to go a visit, the girl ticks all the boxes in what we are looking for, she is tall, pretty, educated and her family are quite well off.

I went to meet her and the family along with my mother, father and two sisters and we thought the family came across nice, the mother of the daughter was a little over bearing but we just put it down to nerves, I had some "alone" time with the girl in the front room and I got to chat a little with her, she seems down to earth and is even more pretty in real life than on the photo, I must admit i do fancy her abit.

after the meet up my mother told the girls mum that we will let them know in a few days time but before that will be doing some check, the girl mum looked abit taken aback that we wanted to do checks but agreed.

anyway long story short, my mother has found out that the girl has an older sister that we were not told about and this sister has been gone from the family for over 10 years now. Apparently she has ran away from home and is own with a Muslim guy. The family hasn't seen her since but I'm not sure if this rishta is right?

i do like the girl but it's strange that her sister ran off, why did she run off, what if the girl is like her sister, I find it worrying that the family of the girl didn't tell us about there other daughter when we asked how many siblings the girl had, they never mentioned the oldest sister.

should we decline the rishta or should I give it the benefit of the doubt and go ahead with the rishta? 

If you don't want the rishta because of these doubts, move on.

There are plenty of other girls.

Guest Anonymous

Think you should just forget about her past and go on her characteristics at this moment in time. If you like her and you think she's compatible, you see yourself with her until your last breath then go ahead. 

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Never mind the missing older sister. Never mind the overbearing mum. The only real 'warning' sign here is the girl's extreme 'prettyness'. Unless you yourself are also Johnny Depp / David Beckham material her extreme prettyness is going to be a dark cloud hanging over your marriage for ever. Never EVER marry the really pretty ones. A tall girl from a rich family who is also very very pretty wouldn't be marrying you if there wasn't some kind of hidden 'issue' within the family.

And that brings me to my second point.......you said this family ticked all the boxes you had in your check list and one of them was the fact it was a rich family. Why was  'girl must be from a rich family' in your criteria list ?

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I am, for me it's around noon, (the official time in my area is around 8:00).

Ok, I've always said noon, as in midday 12pm, or so. 

But here's more to add to the confusion:

Is noon a.m. or p.m.? Well, the correct answer may surprise you because it is actually neither. That’s right; technically noon is neither a.m. nor p.m. Although it is common to see noon expressed as 12:00 p.m., it is actually incorrect. So the next time one of your friends sends you an email saying, “Let’s meet at 12:00 p.m. noon for lunch.” you might want to take note."

http://writingexplained.org/noon-am-or-pm