3 million Telford Drug bust. Mr Singhs

S4NGH

I couldn't give a toss about this. A plant I saw growing like....well...a weed all over the place in Panjab, is now a criminal act to grow. Something that is grown and sold in other countries like Amsterdam, Portugal and even the US without any fanfare is now criminal. Something that has a thousand or two years history of being used medically, that cuts across many cultures. Something that is increasingly found to be useful for a variety of medical ailments (including serious ones) is somehow bad. 

This is all bull5hite;. That family committed no crime. 

On 21/04/2017 at 7:39 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I couldn't give a toss about this. A plant I saw growing like....well...a weed all over the place in Panjab, is now a criminal act to grow. Something that is grown and sold in other countries like Amsterdam, Portugal and even the US without any fanfare is now criminal. Something that has a thousand or two years history of being used medically, that cuts across many cultures. Something that is increasingly found to be useful for a variety of medical ailments (including serious ones) is somehow bad. 

This is all bull5hite;. That family committed no crime. 

Though I agree that marijuana can and should be used for medicinal purposes, this family clearly weren't doing that. If they were growing and harvesting it and then providing it for free or at a minimal cost to people with ailments, I'd totally agree with you. That really wasn't the case.

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

At least people who might need it could get access to it. Plus, do you know how many big time solicitors, barristers, engineers, teachers and a myriad of other decent working people I've met use this plant to help them get by!

This is a non-issue. End of. 

Good this family made money. How the hell is it different to any brewery making money, or some pharmaceutical? It's okay for an army of Singhs to run off licenses (like they did when I was growing up), even though all those fags and booze cause more problems than sukha - but this thing is unacceptable. Mate, get real. 

Sure. We'll agree to disagree on this one.

On 4/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, S4NGH said:

Thanks for highlighting this.

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥

Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥

- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

Salok Bhagat Kabir Page:1377