Has anyone here read the Quran

Kira

As the title goes has anyone actually read the Quran here? I've seen quite alot of people debating about various quotes from it but all of them seem to be from rather biased websites, its interesting how so many people just throw these quotes out but im genuinely curious if anyone has read any portion of it or even any of the Hadiths.

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'm going to start in a short while. I can't form concrete opinions based on second hand knowledge. It's not the right thing to do.

If i start dropping Islamic terminology like PBUH, etc, in my posts, then you know they've got me, lol. 

Allahu Akbar!! 

I;m tempted to order the Quran from India in Gurmukhi script with proper meanings too lol, but im pretty sure my family there might start telling my parents I'm turning into a muslim. 

I would ask my muslim classmates but In all honesty I want more neutral opinions of it, not ones forged in the depths of childhood brainwashing lol.

The one most common argument put forward by Muslims to a non-Muslim who's read the Qur'an and the Hadiths, and isn't having any of it is, "But you need to read it in Arabic to appreciate it's purity and depth!" So begins a never-ending process of wrapping the reader in a web of activity to deflect criticism. 

I'll get a hold of what's the commonly accepted best English translation. 

6 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

The one most common argument put forward by Muslims to a non-Muslim who's read the Qur'an and the Hadiths, and isn't having any of it is, "But you need to read it in Arabic to appreciate it's purity and depth!" So begins a never-ending process of wrapping the reader in a web of activity to deflect criticism. 

Precisely. It's no different to saying that in order to properly study the Vikings, you gotta start worshipping Odin. 

28 minutes ago, Kira said:

As the title goes has anyone actually read the Quran here? I've seen quite alot of people debating about various quotes from it but all of them seem to be from rather biased websites, its interesting how so many people just throw these quotes out but im genuinely curious if anyone has read any portion of it or even any of the Hadiths.

Some, but, I suspect, not nearly as many as the treasure trove of Islamic charchas on this forum might suggest. 

41 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I read the Quran a few years ago, wasn't particularly impressed.

Read the version of the quran sanctioned by Saudi Arabia, from real Arabs not our converted subcontinental cousins.

The Hadiths are far worse.

another version? I was under the illusion there was only 1 version. 

34 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think that is a valid point. 

I read Gurbani in English translations for decades before I finally made the effort to grasp Gurmukhi and interact with Gurbani in the native lingua. The two experiences are so different, it's like experiencing two different texts/experiences.