Does this require pesh? I am confused and concerned

Guest Confused_Singh

Guest Confused_Singh

I did post this yesterday however I am not sure whether it didn’t come through or the admins thought it was a joke or someone being silly and did not allow it.  However I can assure you that albeit it sounds quite silly and quite yucky I am genuine asking this question to the cyber sangat for advise as I don’t know whether this scenario requires to be brought for peshi or not.

There is two parts to this:

I know this sounds silly and a little yucky but I tend to pick my nose regular as I get a build up (possibly because I have a lot of nostril hair) and many times when I pick my nose some nostril hair gets picked out with it.  Is this wrong? Should I be more careful? Are there other amritdharis in my situation?

Also I now have a regular tendency of keeping scraping my finger in the side of my nostril and feeling the long hairs inside the nostril and slowly keep doing this and this many times this ends up pulling out the nostril hair. Its become a habit whilst I’m watching a program; previously I used to twirl my moustache when watching a program however now I am doing this.  I end up feeling bad.  I don’t know whether sub-consciously I am aware of what I am doing, part of me thinks I do, part of me thinks this has become such a bad habit its become second nature.  Do you think I need to go pesh? I am really confused but its really playing on my mind.  I know the above may sound really silly and most probably laughable to some but I genuinely need some advice on this issue.

Thank you.

Guest Jacfsing2

No, don't worry about that, but if your nose itchy there are some solutions for that, I don't have any recommendations for how you can control that, (hopefully someone does), but no need for Pesh.

On 26/04/2017 at 0:09 PM, Guest Confused_Singh said:

I did post this yesterday however I am not sure whether it didn’t come through or the admins thought it was a joke or someone being silly and did not allow it.  However I can assure you that albeit it sounds quite silly and quite yucky I am genuine asking this question to the cyber sangat for advise as I don’t know whether this scenario requires to be brought for peshi or not.

There is two parts to this:

I know this sounds silly and a little yucky but I tend to pick my nose regular as I get a build up (possibly because I have a lot of nostril hair) and many times when I pick my nose some nostril hair gets picked out with it.  Is this wrong? Should I be more careful? Are there other amritdharis in my situation?

Also I now have a regular tendency of keeping scraping my finger in the side of my nostril and feeling the long hairs inside the nostril and slowly keep doing this and this many times this ends up pulling out the nostril hair. Its become a habit whilst I’m watching a program; previously I used to twirl my moustache when watching a program however now I am doing this.  I end up feeling bad.  I don’t know whether sub-consciously I am aware of what I am doing, part of me thinks I do, part of me thinks this has become such a bad habit its become second nature.  Do you think I need to go pesh? I am really confused but its really playing on my mind.  I know the above may sound really silly and most probably laughable to some but I genuinely need some advice on this issue.

Thank you.

Are you stressed about anything? Sounds like something is stressing you that you have a repeating habit, which thus causes a problem. 

Is it catarrh (reshaa)? If you're having a build up in your nose and it's affecting your daily routine then you need to see a doctor. 

Guest Confused_Singh

I am sometimes stressed, however I don't think it's that; It starts by picking my nostrils and then even when it's clean it feels like it's still a build up there and then I start feeling the hairs in the nose and scraping them to see if they are clean of any dirt however they end up coming out due me keep doing the same action.  When I think back I don't know if it is sub consciencly doing it on purpose as there is much hair in the nostrils or if is just a bad habit.  I feel bad now.  Thinking back I realise I do it more when I know there is more nostril hair, which makes me question my actions.  It's all confusing me.

8 hours ago, Guest Confused_Singh said:

I am sometimes stressed, however I don't think it's that; It starts by picking my nostrils and then even when it's clean it feels like it's still a build up there and then I start feeling the hairs in the nose and scraping them to see if they are clean of any dirt however they end up coming out due me keep doing the same action.  When I think back I don't know if it is sub consciencly doing it on purpose as there is much hair in the nostrils or if is just a bad habit.  I feel bad now.  Thinking back I realise I do it more when I know there is more nostril hair, which makes me question my actions.  It's all confusing me.

Oh ho, ki karda a? ?  Mucus is suppose to be in your nose, it has an important job to do. 

Stop picking your nose, if there's no need to, and see the doctor if it's giving you that much stress. Read the following link, and you'll understand why it's there. 

http://m.kidshealth.org/en/kids/booger.html?WT.ac=

Use a tissue to clean your nose, not your fingers. Bas kar hun, good boy banja. 

Guest Jacfsing2
12 hours ago, Guest Confused_Singh said:

Ok ji I shall stop, but just to confirm you don't think I need to go pesh or you think I do? 

Thanks

No.

But I know exactly where you should.

The doctors office.

? He'll probably give better tips, on controlling that.

And you will hopefully be better.

Guest Sikh99

fateh 

if this has caused guilt inside you or distracted you from naam abhyaas then maybe it would be best to ask for panj singhs opinion, however in todays society there are many things we cant avoid like consuming small amounts of alcohol through food/medicines etc which technically would count as kurehat, however if there isnt a large sense of guilt hanging over you then i suppose you wouldnt need to do pesh _/\_

Guest Chill
7 hours ago, Guest Sikh99 said:

fateh 

if this has caused guilt inside you or distracted you from naam abhyaas then maybe it would be best to ask for panj singhs opinion, however in todays society there are many things we cant avoid like consuming small amounts of alcohol through food/medicines etc which technically would count as kurehat, however if there isnt a large sense of guilt hanging over you then i suppose you wouldnt need to do pesh _/\_

This is not correct. Please don't encourage a lifestyle of guilt. You only need to pesh if you cut your hair, not if hair falls out through other actions (picking nose, getting a cut on your arm etc) .

But personally... I think there are some other internal issues you may need to work on. It is not a healthy lifestyle to live in guilt, and it seems you are very paranoid of "committing sin". Please don't go down this dark path. Our beautiful dharam does not want us to live in this type of anguish. You are not committing any sins. SIKHISM IS NOT FRAGILE.

This is not what Amrit Sanchars are for. Could you imagine going to an Amrit Sanchar and talking about picking your nose, just to get rid of your unnecessary guilt? Live life freely. Do your Simran, Bani, and Seva, and please don't let petty things affect you. In other words: stay in Chardi Kala!