Who is a Pendu?

5 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Ok, if we shouldn't use the word pendu then wat should we use for the current lehar of panjabi immigrants. They respect no law, have no morals, are willing to cut any corners to get ahead. The dadi is a baba believing, dive lighting, manipulative shrew. Whos answer to any injunction by the sikh faith is wat do the babas know abt living in the real world, while she shakes her head, ears and neck full of gold. Of her grandchildren, the son uses hard drugs and tries to find ways to make quick money, selling drugs, because he was never taught to work, the housework is for women and field work is for bhaiye. He has flashy phones amd cars. One of the granddaughters is constantly mocked and belittled for being dark colored and asked to do all the housework and put in her womanly place so that she hates the panjabi/sikh culture and associates it with oppression and backwardsness and so her main mission in life is feminism and getting out of the house esp with anyone who will complement her beauty. ( ie groomed). The other granddaughter is praised for her intelligence and or beauty. And expected to be successful. She is allowed all freedoms and can do she wants. She wants to wear mini skirts and if the dadi has qualms, all she has to say is, but mom everyone is wearing this, its part of the job, and instantly her mom is on her side, twlling her do watever she needs to succeed. The moms main goal in life is spoiling her children. Take their side and lavish worldly riches on them. The dad is locked in comparing his life to others, the gills just bought a store, their son has a porshe, their daughter is a dr. And he has anger management issues. The family jumps to attention and coddles him after one of his episodes. Then goes back to ignoring him. This is the most extreme example, but most recent immigrants are somewhere on this spectrum...i only know to call it panjabi or pendu or immigrant mentality...all of which i know good qualities of as well, so wat term would u use?

err

non-sikhs

binbhagi

narcissists

mayadharis 

tragic

weak

lost

so many words, so little will

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

But we know this mentality exists within the sikh panjabi community that come from villages

Look at the lies.  Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa is from the village, pind.   99% of the Gursikhs come from the village.  Anyone know how city peoples mentality is? Let me see don't ask their wives on Friday because the husband doesn't know where she is drunk laying in which hotel room.  Its Monday morning, put on a fake face, attempt to look professional, look down on others.  I have so much to say.  The fake appearance are not fooling anyone.  

Most races and cultures around the world seem to look down their nose at their fellow compatriots who are lower down the social ladder. Americans have a similar attitude to so-called Red Necks or even those from certain southern parts of the country, and these people are considered to be individuals lacking in refinement and manners, and therefore that somehow makes them worthy of scorn. The English have a disturbingly hostile attitude towards the chavs, etc. Admittedly, some of those stereotypes are based on true attributes, but most of the time those who hold such opinions seem to revel in the opportunity to discriminate against groups they consider to be "safe" choices for mockery or derision.

What can you really do to police people's ingrained attitudes to such things? I suppose you're only responsible for yourself, and in that regard if you happen to belong to one of those groups that is held with barely concealed contempt by other factions, the most a person can do is to strive to be the exception to the supposed rule by not living up to those stereotypes.

I'm from what would be described as a pendu background - in terms of social class, not behaviour or reputation (i hope, lol) - so I don't take it personally when people go off on "pendus" because it's not a label that's ever been associated to me. I know there's a problem in a wider sense, but I can't head the Pendu Police to keep others in check. What we can do is be honest and not shy away from confronting certain uncomfortable truths when they arise.