Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SinghInDubdha

Soordaas Baani

Recommended Posts

Guest SinghInDubdha

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Daas has been going around the internet for a while, and is very confused about Bhagat Soordaas and His Baani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I have read that Bhagat Soordas Ji only has 1 line in SGGS:
ਛਾਡਿ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਮੁਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੰਗੁ ॥

But I also read that line may be Kachi baani, and the Soordas Shabad Written By Guru Arjan Dev Ji (According to the Mehla) was actually written by Bhagat Soordaas Ji:
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ਸਾਰੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਸੂਰਦਾਸ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸੰਗ ਬਸੇ ਹਰਿ ਲੋਕ ॥
ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਅਰਪਿ ਸਰਬਸੁ ਸਭੁ ਅਰਪਿਓ ਅਨਦ ਸਹਜ ਧੁਨਿ ਝੋਕ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਦਰਸਨੁ ਪੇਖਿ ਭਏ ਨਿਰਬਿਖਈ ਪਾਏ ਹੈ ਸਗਲੇ ਥੋਕ ॥
ਆਨ ਬਸਤੁ ਸਿਉ ਕਾਜੁ ਨ ਕਛੂਐ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਬਦਨ ਅਲੋਕ ॥੧॥
ਸਿਆਮ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਤਜਿ ਆਨ ਜੁ ਚਾਹਤ ਜਿਉ ਕੁਸਟੀ ਤਨਿ ਜੋਕ ॥
ਸੂਰਦਾਸ ਮਨੁ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਹਥਿ ਲੀਨੋ ਦੀਨੋ ਇਹੁ ਪਰਲੋਕ ॥੨॥੧॥੮॥


When I was looking around the net, I saw that people said that Bhai Baano had inserted Kachi Baani into the Banno Bir (Mirabai, Soordas, etc.)

I never understood what Kachi Baani was inserted, so I went online again and looked at some Puratan Saroops of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and I found this:
6b07c9fdde.jpg
aa5cef3200.jpg
4ab1656c3f.jpg


It looks as if there is a whole shabad to the 1 line that is attributed to Bhagat Soordas Ji. I attempted to type it up:

ਛਾਡਿ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਮੁਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੰਗੁ ॥
ਕਹਾਭਏਪੀਪਾਂਇਪੀਆਏਬਿਖਨਤਜੈਭੁਇਅੰਗ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਕਾਂਗਾਕਾਹਕਪੂਰਚੁਗਾਂਏਸੁਆਨਨਵਾਇਐਰੰਗ ॥
ਖਰਕਉਕਹਾਅਗਰਕੋਲੇਪਨੁਮਰਕਟਭੂਖਨਅੰਗ ॥੧॥
ਪਾਹਨਪਤਿਤਬਾਨਨਬੇਧੇਰੀਤੇਹੋਇਨਿਖੰਗ ॥
ਸੂਰਦਾਸਓਇਕਾਰੀਕਮਰੀਚੜਤਨਦੂਜੇਰੰਗ ॥੨॥੧॥



Can anyone explain what is happening here? Is the shabad typed above Kachi Baani? Is the Soordas Shabad that starts with "ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸੰਗ ਬਸੇ ਹਰਿ ਲੋਕ ॥" actually written by Bhagat Soordas Ji instead of Guru Arjan Dev Ji?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhidran Wale explains this in their katha. 

When Bhagat Soordas Ji  was asked recite their bani by Panjve Paatshah, they read the first line and went into samadhi. (Chhad Man Har Bimukhan Ko Sang).

Then Guru Ju composed Sarang M5 Soordas. When Bhagat Ji came out of samadhi, they did complete the shabad, but Guru Ji  said we will only accept the first line for Gurbani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SinghInDubdha
13 hours ago, Koi said:

Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhidran Wale explains this in their katha. 

When Bhagat Soordas Ji  was asked recite their bani by Panjve Paatshah, they read the first line and went into samadhi. (Chhad Man Har Bimukhan Ko Sang).

Then Guru Ju composed Sarang M5 Soordas. When Bhagat Ji came out of samadhi, they did complete the shabad, but Guru Ji  said we will only accept the first line for Gurbani

I have heard of this story before. How does that explain the full shabad after the first line then? Why do some Puratan Saroops say Bhagat Soordas Ji instead of M:5?

No disrespect for Bhai Gurbachan Singh, but this story is hard to believe after I saw the pictures.

Anyone know what Gurbani Scholars who did Khoj on Puratan Saroops say about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should listen to sant Gurbachan singh Ji's katha of the shabad on ang 1253. They say that guru sahib finished the shabad but bhai banno's puratan Bir has bhagat Ji's complete shabad that they finished after coming out of samadhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Guest SinghInDubdha said:

I have heard of this story before. How does that explain the full shabad after the first line then? Why do some Puratan Saroops say Bhagat Soordas Ji instead of M:5?

No disrespect for Bhai Gurbachan Singh, but this story is hard to believe after I saw the pictures.

Anyone know what Gurbani Scholars who did Khoj on Puratan Saroops say about this?

The pictures actually prove the story. There are many Birs that have the full shabad. But those with the Guru's signature and those written by Baba Deep Singh Ji and Bhai Mani Singh Ji will only have the one line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Guest SinghInDubdha said:

 

Anyone know what Gurbani Scholars who did Khoj on Puratan Saroops say about this?

Who are these Gurbani scholars you are wanting sangat to present.  How many puratan saroops have you looked at to say Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji doesn't make sense?  Which puratan saroops have you looked at so far? Name them and when you looked at them and where you looked at them? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SinghInDubdha
21 hours ago, H908 said:

You should listen to sant Gurbachan singh Ji's katha of the shabad on ang 1253. They say that guru sahib finished the shabad but bhai banno's puratan Bir has bhagat Ji's complete shabad that they finished after coming out of samadhi

This is why I'm asking.

The story is weird because Bhai Bhanno insterted Kachi Baani into the Bir he copied from what I have read online. They say he included the Mirabai Shabad (Which is Kachi Baani).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SinghInDubdha
11 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Who are these Gurbani scholars you are wanting sangat to present.  How many puratan saroops have you looked at to say Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji doesn't make sense?  Which puratan saroops have you looked at so far? Name them and when you looked at them and where you looked at them? 

 

All I know is Scholars like Bhai Gian Singh Nihung, Bhai Randhir Singh of the SGPC, Joginder Singh Vedanti, and Joginder Singh Talwara did Khoj of Puratan Saroops of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj.

Does anyone know what they have said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-6 at 7:19 PM, Guest SinghInDubdha said:

All I know is Scholars like Bhai Gian Singh Nihung, Bhai Randhir Singh of the SGPC, Joginder Singh Vedanti, and Joginder Singh Talwara did Khoj of Puratan Saroops of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj.

Does anyone know what they have said?

You have presented what looks to be three different Saroops.  Which Saroops are these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is katha by Giani Sant Singh ji Maskeen about this one shabad and I hope this clarifies the confusion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many Bir written by Bhai Bhanno. All the Bir written by Bhai Bhanno WILL HAVE Kachi Bani. Hence the Saroop written by him are not our GURU because it includes Kachi Bani.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • There are so many questions regarding Sikh Maryada, but don’t know who to ask. It’s very difficult living abroad and no one to approach when you want to ask something. I have seen contact numbers at the end of some videos of very well known kathavachaks and kirtaniyes in the past but never bothered to note them down anywhere. It is difficult. Do you find everyone has their own interpretations regarding Sikhi questions when asked, which leads to nothing but confusion? 
    • I'm interested to know why they do havan too? People have been using fire in worship for 1000s of years, Native Americans, Zoroastrians, Pagans, Vedic traditions.  Wouldn't be surprised if the cave people, who used to light fires with stones, whatever their beliefs were probably used fire too.   As the only Singh in my family i get parents, uncles/aunts, cousins, neighbors asking me these of questions all the time! how the hell am i supposed to know! it's as if i all a sudden became an encyclopedia on Sikhi and have the answers for everything. A lady family friend came around once and asked me why people use instruments in Nagar kirtans?  "i don't know"   why do Sikhs in India do prabhat pheri? "i don't know"   one i get asked often is why nihungs cut goats heads off "i don't know". My cousin came around yesterday and asked me "oh why did that nihung cut the police mans hand off"   "i don't know" ! The worst is when some Singh does something stupid and theres a video being passed around, they all send me the video or ask me about it as if i have an answer or explanation for the stupidity, its as if your being held responsible for it!    Even the ancient North Indian festival of Lohri has a fire in the center of it. I read how in the Vedic period they used to do fire sacrifices with horses! how barbaric is that!   
    • I think you’d be better off asking Giani Thakur Singh Ji @Khaaik at the end of his youtube video on this bani. I have seen their contact number in many older videos but can’t remember exactly which ones though.
    • Do you mean the Ascending Masters by any chance?
    • How, where and when did your baba Ji meet Sant Ji? Was he young himself when he first met him?  It would be so nice to know his experiences with Sant Ji. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use