feedback needed

simran_kaur

i am glad that someone had mentioned about the Aartee..cuz i just had visited india and went to many gurdwaras in which one was Sachkand Hazoor Sahib and had a awsome time but one thing that confused me was that they did Aartee there and the granthees there would have an orange tikaa or something on there forehead which to me didnt make any sense. i am surprised to see some of the hindu rituals are still happening in the Gurudwaras in india!..and also some the gurudwaras would put Guru Ji's picture in front of the Guru Granth Sahib ..so u would be bowing to the pic and the Guru Granth Sahib..that i thought was wrong..i dont kno why they put the pictures in front of the Guru Granth Sahib?? :T:

Gurfateh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

One thing that we all must realize that the Gurudwaras in India were in the hands of Hindus for quite a while (up the early 1920's when the Gurudwaras were finally handed back to the Sikhs from the hands of mahants and pandits). And until VERY recently, the identity of a Sikh was not really considered that separate from Hindus (1984 was really the separation point that awoke the common Sikh to realize that they are indeed a separate Panth - until then, it was mostly acknowledged by Sikh scholars and leaders).

It will take a while to slowly find and weed out such practices.

Fateh Ji...^_^

nicely explained .. makes sence... thankyou ji... ^_^

.. okay about the arti ... i like the way it's sung ...

whats wrong with reciting it.. i don think there's anythin

bad said in it...

is it considered as gurbani.... :T: ????

why or why not?... :D

hmm... sorry :D:

and again thankyou.. respect.gif^_^

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Artee should be done by Sikhs: but not like the Hindus. No thaals with divas or flowers. Just the singing of the Artee Shabads. I really like the tune myself. www.tapoban.org has a very nice version of aartee

So sing artee, just don't do the other stuff. They do it every day at Sree Darbaar Sahib Amritsar.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I have heard/seen the Aarti being done at local Gurdwara Sahibs, and I dont know the tuk from the top of my head, but a tuk comes where it is about flowers, and at that point flowers are showered over Guru Ji as a sign of respect, now that cant be wrong can it? :T:

Guest sikh4life

why kill the flowers and take life away from them to show respect to the Guru?

isnt respecting God more important by NOT killing the flowers.. remember God is in every plant/animal/being! ?