Breaking Amrit, Yes or No?

Guest GuptAmritdhariGirl

On 4/23/2019 at 3:45 PM, Guest guest said:

whether you have broken it or not, it is not appropriate for an Amritdhari- male or female- to even touch another person sexually (except marriage partner and  even then only when both parties consent).

I agree with the first part of your statement. Basically, you should not do anything before you are married that you would not want your wife/husband doing if you were married.

The second part (in parentheses) is quite strange. Marriage is consent to be sexual with one another.

"only when both parties consent"? 

Are you seriously stating that you should approach or behave towards your wife like you would with some random woman that you were not married to?

If you go to, whatever, a store, a library, a conference, a workplace, you would obviously not touch a woman in any way. You would only talk with her, and that too, only if required.

You would never walk up behind her, caress her shoulder and say "Hey, how's it going?"

Are you really honestly saying that you want to require Sikh (or even non-Sikh) men to get "consent" before hugging, touching, fondling, or caressing their wives?

What a great marriage that'll be.

What would that be like? "Hello human that I have agreed to live with. Do I have you consent to place my hand on the small of your back?"

"Please sign and date here. I'll need a copy of your driver's license and NH #. And do go to the Notary Public's to have the agreement notarized."

If you are a male, it's quite sorry you've bought into "male feminism". Are you married? And is that how you think marriage works?

If you are a female, I have to question why you think any man would ever want to marry you, if even after committing to caring for you until you die, he still would have no more ability to be sexual with you than any other female in the entire country.

Guest Realist
41 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I agree with the first part of your statement. Basically, you should not do anything before you are married that you would not want your wife/husband doing if you were married.

The second part (in parentheses) is quite strange. Marriage is consent to be sexual with one another.

Are you seriously stating that you should approach or behave towards your wife like you would with some random woman that you were not married to?

If you go to, whatever, a store, a library, a conference, a workplace, you would obviously not touch a woman in any way. You would only talk with her, and that too, only if required.

You would never walk up behind her, caress her shoulder and say "Hey, how's it going?"

Are you really honestly saying that you want to require Sikh (or even non-Sikh) men to get "consent" before hugging, touching, fondling, or caressing their wives?

What would that be like? "Hello human that I have agreed to live with. Do I have you consent to place my hand on the small of your back?"

"Please sign and date here. I'll need a copy of your driver's license and NH #. And do go to the Notary Public's to have the agreement notarized."

If you are a male, it's quite sorry you've bought into "male feminism". Are you married? And is that how you think marriage works?

If you are a female, I have to question why you think any man would ever want to marry you, if even after committing to caring for you until you die, he still would have no more ability to be sexual with you than any other female in the entire country.

You make it sound like marital rape isn't a thing..it is.

7 hours ago, Guest Realist said:

You make it sound like marital rape isn't a thing..it is.

You answered 12 paragraphs/sentences with 1 line?

Anyway, I didn't actually mention "sexual intercourse," only "sexual touching," because that's the terminology you used.

So, answer the questions above. Including whether you're married. 

Also tell us whether you approach your husband/wife like a praey istri (woman other than your wife).

• 6 months later...
On 4/26/2019 at 9:24 PM, BhForce said:

hi.  and <banned word filter activated>???

thats not what i meant by saying that both parties consent.  i don't even remember what i meant when i wrote it, as it doesnt seem relevant to the original post.  also, i think you assumed i'm some sjw?  no.  but your worldview is pretty bizarre.  do you view the women around you as potential rape objects?

Realist was a different person that answered.  but i agree with what they said.  and you didn't even answer what they said.  do you think its ok for a partner to force sex on/rape the other?  just because you married, doesn't make your partner a slave.

you make if sound like your marriage partner is some piece of property.  you can just feel her up whenever you want, even if she's not in the mood.

im not married, but obviously there's time when one person would feel sexual and the other doesn't.  marriage isnt slavery.  its basic human consideration. 

consent doesn't mean literally asking "is it ok if i touch you".  its mean not forcing stuff on people that they don't want to do.  and it works both ways.

i'm a male and yes i would be happy with a female who told me when she wasn't in the mood, as i would do likewise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 4:14 PM, Guest guest said:

do you view the women around you as potential rape objects?

What are you even talking about? I explicitly said you wouldn't touch women you meet, you would merely talk with them.

im not married,

Well, that's obvious. Do somebody's daughter a favor and don't get married.

you can just feel her up whenever you want, even if she's not in the mood.

And I already went through this above. What exactly are you proposing? 

Answer my specific scenario in my previous post. That is: would you never hug your wife from the back while she's doing whatever?

Really? Answer the question.

You would ask, "Dear spouse, may I hug you?". You won't be married for long.

Guest Paapiman
On 7/2/2017 at 11:47 PM, Guest GuptAmritdhariGirl said:

Vaheguru jee, 

I'm Amritdhari girl who has fallen for a non-amritdhari (he is a very knowledgeable Sikh who has amazing spiritual knowledge). We are not married but we have done some silly sexual things. *Edited*

Have I broken Amrit..? I feel so crappy at the moment and need some advice. 

Please forgive me! 

If you have performed any form of sex (vaginal, anal, oral, etc), then that will be classified as a cardinal sin, which means that you are out of Khalsa Panth. In this case, you will have to go for Peshi (if you are still interested in being part of the Panth). The Panj Pyare will give you an appropriate punishment and they will make you re-take Khande da Amrit.

If you kissed, hugged, etc, even that is not allowed in Sikhism, except within marriage. In this case too, Daas would highly recommend you to go for Peshi. But, the punishment will be less severe in this case.

Do you plan to marry that guy? If yes, then I think you can go for Peshi after marriage. But, you need to confirm this with a Gurmukh Mahapurakh before following this advice.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 4/26/2019 at 9:24 PM, BhForce said:

Marriage is consent to be sexual with one another.

you wrote the above.

then someone told quite straight forwardly, rape can happen within in a marriage too.  so marriage is not consent.

i dont go around wanting to touch random women in libraries etc on the back?  this is the example you gave.

you seem to have some chip on your shoulder?  whatever you like- good for you.  dont assume everyone is like you and your wife, and not sure where you get off telling people "no woman/man would want to marry you"?

On 12/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, Guest Paapiman said:

If you have performed any form of sex (vaginal, anal, oral, etc), then that will be classified as a cardinal sin, which means that you are out of Khalsa Panth. In this case, you will have to go for Peshi (if you are still interested in being part of the Panth). The Panj Pyare will give you an appropriate punishment and they will make you re-take Khande da Amrit.

If you kissed, hugged, etc, even that is not allowed in Sikhism, except within marriage. In this case too, Daas would highly recommend you to go for Peshi. But, the punishment will be less severe in this case.

Do you plan to marry that guy? If yes, then I think you can go for Peshi after marriage. But, you need to confirm this with a Gurmukh Mahapurakh before following this advice.

Bhul chuk maaf

Ok am just going to ask straight. Me and wifey are amritdhari. Call me a dirty kutha but is it against maryada if I wanted to do oral and anal intercourse with my wife?

Sorry lads. Don't lie you know it's all crossed your minds. I just got bigger balls and asked for advise and you didn't!! ?

On 12/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, Guest Paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

Can you give an example of the punishments Panj Singh give?