How can we educate sikhs who go to hindu mandirs ? ... How about using reverse psychology ?

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

He can't read Gurmukhi, so he'd only be able to access translations sadly. 

So why on earth is he coming here and lecturing others about Gurmukhi and Gurbani? The very foundation of the Sikhi is Gurbani, it can't exist without it, The Shabad Guru is our Lord and Master's form. That's akin to going on a Christian site and lecturing them on the bible despite never reading it first hand. 

13 minutes ago, Kira said:

So why on earth is he coming here and lecturing others about Gurmukhi and Gurbani? The very foundation of the Sikhi is Gurbani, it can't exist without it, The Shabad Guru is our Lord and Master's form. That's akin to going on a Christian site and lecturing them on the bible despite never reading it first hand. 

Thing with xtianity is that they've okayed translations of the bible (usually King James) as the full central canon of their faith, I think some confused brothers and sisters who've grown up in the west, think they can access Sikhi like that.

You can't remotely compare reading an English translation of bani with experiencing it in its original form. 

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Thing with xtianity is that they've okayed translations of the bible (usually King James) as the full central canon of their faith, I think some confused brothers and sisters who've grown up in the west, think they can access Sikhi like that.

You can't remotely compare reading an English translation of bani with experiencing it in its original form. 

it was an example bro but even a standardised version isn't comparable to the "ye old" Latin texts.  The real treasures are the pieces of the bible pre-Constantine the Great eras imo. The whole fiasco with Jesus being a celibate is a prime example of this.

7 minutes ago, Kira said:

it was an example bro but even a standardised version isn't comparable to the "ye old" Latin texts.  The real treasures are the pieces of the bible pre-Constantine the Great eras imo. The whole fiasco with Jesus being a celibate is a prime example of this.

I must confess I know next to nothing about this stuff. 

But the way bani is experienced seems very different to the bible too. Asides from psalms,it seems like blank prose to be semantically decoded, not sung and experienced like bani? 

7 hours ago, Kira said:

Have you ever even bothered reading Gurbani? like in any context whatsoever? OP hasn't not taken any of it out of context. Visiting Religious sites is fine, but going there and bashing your head against the stones and proclaiming the certain deity of that temple is lord is really contrary to Gurmat. Those people are fools, and those aren't even my words, they're the words of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. You've attempted to indirectly shame OP for something he's taken directly from Gurmukh and thus are now saying Guru Sahib was not respectful? Sorry to break it to you sunshine but Guru Sahib gave credit when it was due but also pointed out their shortcomings as well.

ਤਾ ਕੌ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਹਨ ਅਨੁਮਾਨਤ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਮੂੜ ਕਛੁ ਭੇਦ ਨ ਜਾਨਤ ॥ ਮਹਾਦੇਵ ਕੌ ਕਹਤ ਸਦਾ ਸਿਵ ॥ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਕਾ ਚੀਨਤ ਨਹਿ ਭਿਵ ॥੩੯੨॥

see that word in Gurbani? it literally means great fool. Maybe you should also read Shabad Hazare P10 as well (no im not going to paste it fully here, Don't be lazy and go and read it, unless reading the Gurmukhi script is too hard for you), that's an entire bani warning Sikhs, calling out the hypocrisy and ego of Devtas and why worshipping them (in any contest by anyone) is pointless. Devtas aren't "gods" or even "God" they're simply higher spiritual life-forms. God runs the universe but he also puts the universe to its respected to tasks and assigns everyone a role to play. A playwright with countless actors and countless faces.

So much virtue signalling from someone who claims things are taken out of "context" but can't even sit there and do his own translations or read Gurbani itself. If you did then you'd know nothing was taken out of context. 

This is becoming a habit for you I see, the word here is You're not Your. Once again, proper grammar is a good tool to have.

So is free thinking,  so please take your faux rage and do one. 

7 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

If they think they can access sikhi like that, then they will get a warped version. However the christians bible translations in English are just warped and propaganda like King James or Good News.

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

So is free thinking,  so please take your faux rage and do one. 

No one's raging, I  just called you out on your nonsense. You've not even bothered learning Gurmukhi but you seem to take it on yourself to lecture others about it. You accused others to taking things out of contexts but you've never even bothered reading the context. You harp on about Nindaks but you're in the same boat being a huge hypocrite. Feel free to lecture others about free thinking after you have the tools to do it, A child isn't going to lecture a professor on the differential calculus without having actually mastered the concepts himself (no this isn't an analogy for you and I, its an example). Free thinking my <banned word filter activated>, by that absurd logic even non-sikhs with no Gurbani knowledge can "free think" about Sikhi and start who knows bastardising concepts. 

Maybe learn the texts before coming on here to lecture others about what's right and what's wrong.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
3 hours ago, singhnihk said:

The more enlightened christians have realised this and converted to other religions, mainly islam. Sikh religion has been misinterpreted too much too many times by too many people. Its followers are not consistent with its teachings at all.  You just have to visit youtube and sikh temples all over the world to witness this. Sikhism and its followers are fusing together with other religions of the world at the moment, mainly islam. You see many sikhs intermarrying and converting, this is surely not a sign of healthy religion or its followers!  Sikhs have many issues amongst their followers as well as with (Gyaanies) those that preach, so, for an outsider like myself, it can be very confusing. Better to follow something that has consistency amongst its followers. It is so easy point fingers or point out weaknesses relating to other religions but you must not forget while you are busy doing this your own religion 'sikhism' is suffering at the hands of those that are powerful as well as who,actually belong to this religion.  Don't also forget in most cases the damage done is irreparable.

I think turban is wat many men find cumbersome to wear daily. Thats not how it shud be unfortunately